Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258097 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2280 on: January 17, 2015, 05:24:41 pm »

Perhaps it's his style of propaganda - debunk obvious lies in order to appear objective and then lie in the details?
That could very well be - it's my tactic as well when I want to convince someone as opposed to debating them.
You sneaky Bratwurst, now I know why you were so friendly with me earlier!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: January 17, 2015, 06:50:08 pm »

Hey, that was just basic diplomacy - keeping communication channels open, maintaining a good atmosphere etc. I'm talking about pointing out the little holes in my argument so the other guy misses the huge and tiny ones.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: January 17, 2015, 07:15:44 pm »

Oh God, and I thought the fighting was on its way to dying down... If those claims are true, it'll prolong the war by quite a bit.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: January 17, 2015, 07:50:14 pm »

Ukrainian official sources claim that Ukrainian forces have broken into Donetsk itself during their counter-attack against Novorossiyan forces.
Ukrainian official sources have not recommended themselves as particularly truthful so far, unfortunately, so I'd wait until the rebels start to talk about this before making any conclusions.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:57:48 pm by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: January 17, 2015, 07:51:54 pm »

Ukrainian official sources claim that Ukrainian forces have broken into Donetsk itself during their counter-attack against Novorossiyan forces.
Ukrainian official sources have not recommended themselves as particularly truthful so far, unfortunately, so I'd wait until the rebels start to talk about this before making any conclusions.
Says the guy who previously posted without comment a seperatist source claiming the Ukrainian Army had been pushed out of Donetsk airport...
The Bay12 postcard club

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: January 17, 2015, 07:54:15 pm »

Says the guy who previously posted without comment a seperatist source claiming the Ukrainian Army had been pushed out of Donetsk airport...
That was confirmed by photos, videos and the Ukrainian soldiers' panicking messages. I'll wait for the photos and videos from the AFU soldiers in Donetsk and the rebels' panicking messages to show up before I start taking the Ukrainian claims seriously.

EDIT: OSCE guys say that that infamous bus was not fired at from the directions the rebels were in.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:05:03 pm by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: January 17, 2015, 07:57:39 pm »

That was confirmed by the Ukrainian soldiers' panicking messages, photos and videos.
Soldiers who still were inside the airport... Sorry, misremembered. It apppears that you never claimed they'd been pushed out entirely, my bad.
EDIT: OSCE guys say that that infamous bus was not fired at from the directions the rebels were in.
Since it's OSCE, could you find an English source? You'll forgive me for being sceptical of Russian state media...
The Bay12 postcard club

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: January 17, 2015, 08:04:44 pm »

That was confirmed by the Ukrainian soldiers' panicking messages, photos and videos.
Soldiers who still were inside the airport... Sorry, misremembered. It apppears that you never claimed they'd been pushed out entirely, my bad.
Since it's OSCE, could you find an English source? You'll forgive me for being sceptical of Russian state media...
Not at the moment, unfortunately. The findings were given to the ITAR-TASS by the Russian OSCE representative, and since they are, essentially, pro-Russian, they aren't being trumpeted all over the Western news. I'd wait one or two days before expecting this to appear in English, most likely very discreetly, although perhaps this really is a lie, though I don't think that it's a likely move for the ITAR-TASS to lie so blatantly.

EDIT: Look at how great this exchange went: I and you both said that we are going to be sceptical of Ukrainian and Russian claims respectively, until we recieve further confirmation of them. Our argument blades are locked in a deadly stalemate!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:09:15 pm by Knit tie »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: January 17, 2015, 10:15:23 pm »

First neo-nazies now evil aliens...  Russian invasion becomes more and more justified
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: January 17, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »

... you'd expect the decepticons to be on the side of the rebellion, though...

Interesting implications if the anti-oppressive-government side of the giant robot civil war is fighting for the ukrainian forces.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: January 18, 2015, 03:30:52 am »

Ok, so it seems that the OSCE sent a fact-finding mission to analyze the site of the bus attack. It concluded that all craters were caused by rocket attacks coming from the north-north-east. You know what is north-north-east of that checkpoint? Donetsk.

Now, Kiev's first claim was that the rocket were fired from the east, so it was spun by the Russian ambassador to the OSCE as "OSCE report contradict Kiev's claim".

So yeah, stupidly crude propaganda Knit Tie, I'd expect better of you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:37:22 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: January 18, 2015, 04:58:06 am »

On the other side of the information war, pro-Novorossiyan Colonel Cassad claims that their forces have thwarted the Ukrainian counter-attack, destroying approximately from 4 to 8 armoured vehicles. According to him, Ukrainian forces have lost about 20 people killed, 56 Ukrainian soldiers were wounded. He expects more Ukrainian attacks later this evening.

Ukrainian sources also claim that one of DNR's field commanders, Motorola, was killed during the Ukrainian counter-offensive, citing this radio chatter, where he requested artillery support at his positions while gratuitously swearing. Cassad claims that Motorola is alive. Motorola's death was reported by the Ukrainian media at least twice before, during the siege of Slavyansk and during the fighting near the airport in October, but he turned out to be alive and well.

Patriotic Ukrainian journalists claim that Ukrainian troops pushed the Novorossiyan forces from the airport area to the bus station at Krasnoarmeevskoye motorway, to the south of the airport and south-east from Ukrainian positions near Peski. The actual situation on the front line remains unclear.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:14:40 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: January 18, 2015, 06:27:16 am »

Ok, so it seems that the OSCE sent a fact-finding mission to analyze the site of the bus attack. It concluded that all craters were caused by rocket attacks coming from the north-north-east. You know what is north-north-east of that checkpoint? Donetsk.

Now, Kiev's first claim was that the rocket were fired from the east, so it was spun by the Russian ambassador to the OSCE as "OSCE report contradict Kiev's claim".

So yeah, stupidly crude propaganda Knit Tie, I'd expect better of you.
The thing is that we need a map to look at, to see where exactly the rebels and the Ukrainian forces were. If the rebels were in the east, that's one thing, if they were in the north-north east, that's another.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: January 18, 2015, 06:29:34 am »

From the OSCE report: "The SMM concluded its third fact-finding patrol to government-controlled Volnovakha (35km south-west of Donetsk)"

So Donetsk is north-east/north-north-east of the checkpoint. That's where the rocket came from.

Edit: So I ws wondering if I could find some kind of reports about what's life like in the DPR and LPR. Didn't find them, but I stumbled on this: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-culture-ministry-moves-to-ban-films-that-undermine-national-unity/514440.html

What's your take on this Knit Tie?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:40:27 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 220