Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258327 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2085 on: January 15, 2015, 02:10:35 pm »

It doesn't match with the first video at the very least. It shows a van at the side of the road that wasn't there in the first, though you can hear the explosions just beyond the checkpoint. Perhaps that's just me filling in the blanks. Also, why did the guy continue recording for several minutes after noping out of there?

Colonel Cassad says that what happened is that one of the passengers who were standing near the bus when the Grad shells started to fall got scared and tried to run through the minefield in the most dorfen way possible, triggering a claymore landmine and killing himself and the rest of the victims.

This sounds like a reasonable explanation.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:18 pm »

Colonel Cassad says that what happened is that one of the passengers who were standing near the bus when the Grad shells started to fall got scared and tried to run through the minefield in the most dorfen way possible, triggering a claymore landmine and killing himself and the rest of the victims.
So you say that the seperatists shelled a checkpoint full of civilians, caused casualties in the process, but it's somehow not their fault?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:46 pm »

why did the guy continue recording for several minutes after noping out of there?
The dashcams automatically record everything that happens. That's why they can record sudden incidents.

It's the Russian version of the Big Brother.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 15, 2015, 02:20:27 pm »

So you say that the seperatists shelled a checkpoint full of civilians, caused casualties in the process, but it's somehow not their fault?
I never said anything about it being or not being anyone's fault.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:24:25 pm by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 15, 2015, 02:26:17 pm »

The shells were not aimed at the checkpoint.
How do you know? If the seperatists really are a bunch of non-professional citizen fighters, they might as well have aimed for it and missed... What was so close to the checkpoint that needed an urgent delivery of explosives?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 15, 2015, 02:29:43 pm »

why did the guy continue recording for several minutes after noping out of there?
The dashcams automatically record everything that happens. That's why they can record sudden incidents.

But why did he upload that much? 4/5 of the video is just him driving away with nothing interesting happening before he pulls over to talk to some guy on the divider. That might have been interesting I guess, but I can't understand what they're saying.

How do you know? If the seperatists really are a bunch of non-professional citizen fighters, they might as well have aimed for it and missed... What was so close to the checkpoint that needed an urgent delivery of explosives?

That's what it looks like to me. They tried to hit the checkpoint but overshot, (there's jack shit in the field that they ended up hitting, though they almost got that red sedan) panicking the people in the bus and sending the guy rushing for 'safety' in the minefield.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 15, 2015, 02:50:02 pm »

I don't, which is why I edited my post.

But why did he upload that much? 4/5 of the video is just him driving away with nothing interesting happening before he pulls over to talk to some guy on the divider. That might have been interesting I guess, but I can't understand what they're saying.
Boris McRussian

competent driver
dabbling video editor
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:52:22 pm by Knit tie »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 15, 2015, 02:53:49 pm »

Cameras, the bane of echo chamber propaganda.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 15, 2015, 02:56:19 pm »

Again with the ad hominem insinuations?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 15, 2015, 03:00:15 pm »

I'm actually glad the incident is on video. Makes it harder to blame it on Ukraine when Russia 'the rebels' launched an artillery strike on the area.  :)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 15, 2015, 03:03:01 pm »

Again with the ad hominem insinuations?
I kinda agree with him on this one. It's the same on the Western side, of course, but we appear to be more sneaky about it - or simply have an echo chamber so large it seems like open air.
The Bay12 postcard club

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 15, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »

So you are basically saying that I am a propaganda-soaked fanatic? Could as well be - I am in this thread, after all.

And since it's now apparently okay to tell people that they are fanatics, I would say that everything that you've said about me also applies to you in equal measure, especially after that epic rant about how Merkel is awesome.

EDIT: We have no idea what the Donbassians were shooting at and if they knew about the bus and civilians being present at the blockpost. For all we know, the shelling of the blockpost is an isolated incident that may as well be a mistake of some sort, as opposed to the prolonged terror bombing campaign of the Ukrainian army in Donbass.

In the meantime, I am happy that these pictures are also online, so that people can see what Ukraine does with Donbass civilians.  :) (Sorry for the asshole smiley, couldn't resist.)

EDITEDIT: Navalny support demonstration in Moscow gathered about 500-600 people total.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:03:57 pm by Knit tie »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 15, 2015, 04:20:24 pm »

So you are basically saying that I am a propaganda-soaked fanatic? Could as well be - I am in this thread, after all.

Considering you post more conspiracy theories then the rest of the thread combined...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 15, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »

Considering you post more conspiracy theories then the rest of the thread combined...
So everything that you disagree with is a conspiracy theory nowadays?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 220