Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258620 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1845 on: January 11, 2015, 05:02:25 am »

Owlbread hates all countries with a population greater than one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 11, 2015, 05:09:05 am »

Like how Russian treatment of gays causes more interest than Russian terrorism.
*yawns*
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 11, 2015, 05:12:33 am »

UR, why does your signature, which apparently come from a "Ukrainian Nationalist Prayer" mention Caucasian storms? Like, what the link between Caucasian storms and Ukraine?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 11, 2015, 05:15:11 am »

Poor thing, it must be hard to live with that much hate.

But regarding yesterday's discussion, I think we did rather well there, discussing extremely sensible topics without flaming and even outarguing P. out of his misguided position.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 11, 2015, 05:22:56 am »

Owlbread hates Russia, point taken.

I don't - I spent a few years trying to learn Russian part time and if I look at my bookshelf it's full of Russian language novels. I just hate homophobes and racists.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:30:37 am by Owlbread »

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 11, 2015, 05:25:07 am »

But regarding yesterday's discussion, I think we did rather well there, discussing extremely sensible topics without flaming and even outarguing P. out of his misguided position.

I'd be a little more careful if you really want to avoid flaming. Outright patronizing & condescending comments make me itch to flame.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 11, 2015, 05:29:04 am »

Owlbread hates Russia, point taken.

I don't. I hate homophobes and racists.
I am afraid that every country contains at least some of both.

I'd be a little more careful if you really want to avoid flaming. Outright patronizing & condescending comments make me itch to flame.
I'm sorry if I made any patronizing comments, it wasn't intentional in the slightest. Could you point them out for me for future reference, though?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 11, 2015, 05:30:19 am »

In the post you responded to, he was specifically asking P and Sergarr to drop their own homophobia, not talking about Russia as a whole.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 11, 2015, 05:33:58 am »

Trying to write this in a way that's not too rude, is difficult.

The 1 I quoted for starters. Also scroll above & see how often when an argument starts you use a kind of "deflection", by making comments on Sergar's opinions or Comrade P's. Not sure it's deliberate but it certainly looks that way to me. Like your trying to make yourself seem like "the voice of reason", by disparaging their opinions & world views.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 11, 2015, 05:34:38 am »

In the post you responded to, he was specifically asking P and Sergarr to drop their own homophobia, not talking about Russia as a whole.
I see. Although I don't think that Sergarr is homophobic, in all fairness, he said that he is perfectly fine with gay sex and marriage as long as they keep it private like people of all sexualities ought to.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 11, 2015, 05:36:04 am »

Thank you. It's just something that's been bubbling away for a long time with regular snarky/nasty comments thrown in here and there and I think if it could stop that would be for the best.

UR, why does your signature, which apparently come from a "Ukrainian Nationalist Prayer" mention Caucasian storms? Like, what the link between Caucasian storms and Ukraine?

I think if Russia is caught in another Caucasian storm their government will find it hard to maintain their grip on Ukraine.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:38:24 am by Owlbread »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 11, 2015, 05:37:17 am »

I see. Although I don't think that Sergarr is homophobic, in all fairness, he said that he is perfectly fine with gay sex and marriage as long as they keep it private like people of all sexualities ought to.

Everyone should get married in private. You save a bunch of money and the embarrassment of a divorce. :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 11, 2015, 05:40:01 am »

Anyway, looks like we managed to convert P., so hooray, I guess?

*yawn* Hello, I woke up.

Yes, reviewing my yesterday posts, I cannot understand why I got in that discussion anyway. I don't really care enough about people's sexuality - whatever they feel like is okay. Marry each other, do all the things you like to each other - just keep it out of public.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 11, 2015, 05:56:11 am »

P., I am sorry I called your opinon misguided, I thought it was alright after you yourself called it "bullshit."

Anyway, Owlbread, looks like none of the resident Russians are homophobic after all. Just conservative in regards to public displays of sexuality by people of all sexual preferences.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 11, 2015, 05:59:26 am »

Anyway, Owlbread, looks like none of the resident Russians are homophobic after all.

Yeeees...

I understand there is talk of some kind of loan owed to Russia by Ukraine that Russia is demanding they pay early?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:01:26 am by Owlbread »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 220