Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Wight [ISG/TSG]  (Read 18500 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Wight [ISG]
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2014, 04:14:46 pm »

Mike the wight
is the right wight

is the perfect beginning to this song. Do not fear the rhyming scheme. It works. The goal is not musical accord, but emotional discord in our hearers. leave our theme song as it is, and work on other songs, such as the create-a-wight song, the draining-an-innocent song, the slaughtering-an-adventure -party song, and so forth.
+1
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2014, 05:02:00 pm »

Spoiler: Draining the innocent (click to show/hide)

((Does it need to be longer? I got a few more verses in me.))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2014, 05:23:18 pm »

Spoiler: Draining the innocent (click to show/hide)

((Does it need to be longer? I got a few more verses in me.))
+1 Looks fine

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2014, 05:25:19 pm »

I suppose that even if we are tragically doomed to a sticky end right from the start...

...We can be damn sure the adventurers who finally bring us down ain't gonna forget us.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2014, 03:32:29 am »

You briefly consider resurrecting the child as a wight and having him murder his own father, but that would mean another mouth to feed.  You drain the last of the life from the man and use it to stave off your remaining hunger, then focus the buzzing energy inwards - you feel your muscles tense, and when they untense they seem a little tauter, a little stronger.  Not a massive change, but every little helps.

You wander into the shack that served as the family's home and ransack it for anything of interest.  Unfortunately, their prized possessions mostly amount to a collection of pots and pans and plenty of food.  All completely useless to you.  You take a pair of long cooking knives from them just in case, and a sock full of copper pennies from beneath their bed.  You also find a satchel of the type worn on the back and take it for carrying purposes.  You decide to look for better clothes.

Jackpot!  A thick, brown leather coat that stretches down past your knees, lined with wool and plenty of pockets.  It would keep you warm if your body produced any heat, and it will certainly keep you dry.  You throw on the farmer's shirt and leggings, a stout pair of boots, a belt into which you slide the pair of knives, and complete the look with the travelling coat.

The night draws on and you have work to do, so you pile the chickens into the shack's hearth and set them on fire (they burn easily and crisply, and you have to take great care not to set yourself alight), then drag the three corpses into the woods one by one.  It takes much of the night to dig shallow graves and bury them (Would have been easier with a second pair of hands, you think to yourself), and by the time pre-dawn is approaching you need to hide somewhere yourself.  You dig your own shallow grave and cover yourself up with dirt, then settle down for something approaching sleep.

The master was not big on personal interaction between his slaves, so when you weren't serving him you mostly sat around in the crypt or were commanded to 'sleep'.  You can't actually sleep, you don't need sleep, but a wight lasts about as long in direct sunlight as an ice sculpture, so you make do.  You put yourself into a sort of meditative trance and allow your mind to wander.

This would be an excellent moment for your mind to have come up with some sort of prophetic dream or insight into the day you just had, but honestly you spend nearly all of it coming up with new songs for your repertoire.

You have learned to develop a good sense of time over the weeks you have been alive, so you dig yourself out of your grave a few minutes before sundown and sit in the shade of a tree to watch your eternal foe set.

You're hungry again, but you won't starve if you don't find food tonight.  You vaguely recall a path through the forest, so you spend an hour or so finding it and then lie in wait for a potential traveller.  An hour and a half later, you are rewarded by the appearance of a blonde human in a blue cloak, four-string guitar slung across his back.

You leap in front of him.  He draws a sword, but you lazily knock it from his hand.  He backs up against a tree and you slowly advance upon him, singing.

"Mike the wight,
Is the right wight,
Opposer of light -"

"Beware his sight!"

"...what?"

The traveller launches into an improvised extension of the song.

"Fear his might,
Hide from his sight,
Terror of the night,
Mike the wight!"

You tilt your head and slowly advance on him, hand outstretched.  He slowly reverse-walks around the clearing as you follow him.

"Draining the innocent can be so much fun,
You think you can, but you just can't run,
Sometimes I will beat you up first,
Either way you end up i-in a hearse!

Draining the innocent is so much fun,
Eating life force like a dog in a bun,
Pray to your gods, they can't help you fight
The draining you'll get from Mi-ike the wight!"

The traveller unslings his guitar and starts playing.

"What's this feeling, this palpable fear,
The tension that grows when a wight is near,
It's terrible, it's horrible, it preys on your mind,
The fate awaiting you is so unkind,

But if you spare my little life,
I'll teach you how to use that knife,
I'm far more use to you alive - "

"Utility won't stay my scythe -"

"But I can sing, can dance, can play,
Can while away the hours of day,
It's much more fun with me around
Than sitting in the silent ground,

Your songs are fine, but you could strive
To learn from me if I'm alive,
Of swords, of words, of songs of praise,
Of magic too, beneath the rays
Of Sun I'll never see again
If you don't spare my life and then
Allow me now to bend my knee,
A servant yours I then shall be!"

The singer bends his knee and looks up at you with a desperate hope.  You recognise the gesture of fealty, but do you accept it?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells/Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2014, 03:42:30 am »

Let's keep him, until we can learn everything we can from him.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2014, 03:51:05 am »

When we eventually kill him, we need to grant him the honor of being our first servant Wight.
The bard has definitely earned it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2014, 03:51:23 am »

"You sing well, I like you!"
+1
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2014, 03:59:53 am »

When we eventually kill him, we need to grant him the honor of being our first servant Wight.
The bard has definitely earned it.
+1~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2014, 04:00:09 am »

(Would have been easier with a second pair of hands, you think to yourself)
Note: grow a retractable pair of arms.

Let the bard live. He will be our (living) servant.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2014, 07:26:34 am »

He is bard soooo... SONG POWERS

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2014, 07:54:36 am »

Posting to look at pretty pixels.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2014, 07:57:01 am »

Yes. SONG POWERS
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2014, 08:42:09 am »

This is hilarious. I would PTW if it wasn't for the fact that I already did so.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 16, 2014, 10:19:09 am »

Our life expectancy is about 2 adventuring parties, so yeah, taking on a servant is a good idea.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19