Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Wight [ISG/TSG]  (Read 18534 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wight [ISG]
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2014, 05:55:19 pm »

-1 to any singing! Do we want the kids' parents to hear us?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2014, 05:58:06 pm »

-1 to any singing! Do we want the kids' parents to hear us?
...yes?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2014, 06:06:34 pm »

Oh yes.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2014, 06:08:40 pm »

yup
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2014, 10:14:32 pm »

will wild animals even eat a body that has been drained like we drain bodies?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2014, 06:41:22 am »

Excellent.  You will avoid the child entirely, or perhaps only drain him to unconsciousness so that you can slip stealthily away into the night, unseen and ready to begin your designs from a position of stealth.  This is a wise and calculated move, the best choice you can possibly make, so that will be your course of action.

Or...

You grab the child by the throat and drain the life force from him in a thunderous torrent, leaving dark finger marks burned into the flesh of his neck.  The rush of energy revitalises you, but you stop just short of killing the poor thing.  As you do so, you begin singing your mocking song.

Mike, the wight...
is the right wight...
opposer of light...
suffer my blight!

The ploy works as expected and a pair of humans - presumably the child's parents - emerge from the house.  They aren't particularly well armed; the husband has a cudgel, the wife a cooking knife.  You waggle their child at them.

"Ah, ah, ah!" you say.  "There's no need to be so unfriendly.  Young Timmy here - or whatever his name is - was just enjoying a cheerful sing-song with me.  I must say, he got so into it he's all tuckered out."

"What do you want, you monster?" demands the farmer.

"I just want to have a sing-song with some friends.  Tell you what.  How about you sing along with me and I promise you on my own grave that nothing bad will happen to your son.  Sound fair?"

[11+5 - No skill, but you have their child.]  The farmer raises his hands, as does his wife.

"Okay, whatever you say.  Just don't harm Michael."

"Michael, you say?  What a surprise!  That's my name!  Now, put down those nasty weapons and we'll all kneel down and have a sing song, shall we?"

"What do you wa-"

"I want you to kneel."

"But wh-"

"Kneel, mortal."

The farmer and his wife both kneel, tossing their weapons to the ground.  You gently set Michael down, patting him on the head.

"Much better.  Now, sing along with me.  It goes Mike the wight..."

"Mike... the wight..."

"Is the right wight!"

"Is the right wight..."

"Oh come on.  That's utterly tuneless.  Try harder.  Opposer of Light!"

The farmer and his wife just stare at you.

"Well, you're no fun at all."

You lunge forward with both hands [9+3] and grab the farmer by the arm, the farmer's wife by the neck.  You drain life from the farmer, leaving a dark, rotten handprint on his arm.  His wife struggles as you draw the essence from her throat, weakening her.  [13] The farmer breaks free of your grip and punches you in the face, breaking your jaw.  His wife grabs hold of your hand and snaps your wrist.

"No - fuh - ah - aww."

[20!] You latch onto the farmer's face with your free hand and drain him until he collapses from exhaustion, then turn your attention to his wife.  To her dismay, she watches as the bones of your broken wrist re-knit themselves and return to full functioning order.  [10+3] You grab hold of her face with both hands and drain until her skin shrivels up and turns grey, and her eyes pop from the strain.  As she dies, you feel a burst of extra energy suffuse you.  You feel buzzed, excited.  Your jaw has mended itself as well.

You turn around and pick up Michael, then hold him in front of his barely conscious father until you are sure the farmer has your attention.

"I would like you to know an interesting thing about me, sir.  Are you listening?"

You drain his son until he practically crumbles in your hand.

"I lie."

Well, you've murdered two thirds of a family and the remaining piece of it is broken and completely at your mercy.  And most importantly, you had fun.  You feel pretty buzzed after the exchange, and you can feel the energy running through you, strengthening you.  That's the power of draining humans.

You have acquired a new meter, Buzz.  Buzz represents drained power above and beyond that needed to feed or heal you, and is only gained by draining sentient creatures.  You can use Buzz to activate special abilities (such as Frenzy), and it also allows you to build up your stats.  The base cap of Buzz is 5, but it will rise to equal your current highest stat (Might/Guile/Will).

By spending 5 Buzz, you can permanently raise your Health by 1.  By spending Buzz equal to one of your current stats, you can raise that stat by 1.  By default, surplus Buzz will raise Health instead of stats, but you can choose what to raise with it.

If you are particularly low on health, Buzz will be spent on a 1:1 basis, and if you are starving 5 Buzz will equal one day's worth of sustenance.  Otherwise, Buzz will be preserved in favour of developing your strength.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells/Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:51:48 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2014, 06:47:35 am »

Create another wight, then use buzz to go back to full health.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2014, 06:49:42 am »

Also start prancing everywhere

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2014, 06:59:14 am »

Create another wight, then use buzz to go back to full health.
+1
Also, loot dat house.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:38 am »

Remember, creating a wight is a permanent subtraction from your Health, so specify how much Health should go into its creation.  The new wight will have 50% of your current stats (rounded down) - e.g. if you made a wight right now it would have 1 Might, 2 Guile and 1 Will.  You could impart skills to it on creation, but you have no skills.

Mechanical Breakdown

Might - counts for attack and defence in a melee fight, plus bonus damage with a weapon.  Your life drain power does 1d6 damage, which is drained directly to your hitpoints, but weapons can deal more damage and take advantage of your Might bonus at the cost of not empowering you.

Guile - Stealth, subterfuge, sleight of hand.  Anything involving this gets a bonus from Guile.

Will - Directly impacts magic, how much mana you would have if you could cast spells, and your resistance to magic.

Skills - Skills aren't as robustly powerful as gaining stats.  You can get a weapon skill that increases your attack, but only your attack.  A skill like lockpicking will only help lockpicking, vs a general increase from Guile.  The upside to skills is that they can be passed on freely to new wights.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2014, 07:12:27 am »

Spend 3 buzz to increase your Might, then spend 4 HP to make a wight. And loot dat house.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2014, 07:14:05 am »

Spend 3 buzz to increase your Might, then spend 4 HP to make a wight. And loot dat house.
2 buzz might, and 1 hp

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2014, 07:16:34 am »

2 buzz will not increase our might.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2014, 07:30:34 am »

Increase will, Spend 4 on wight, loot house, loot people, Wear clothing, Dance the night away, Learn skill "Mad dance: force your enemies to be distracted by a truly insane dance and song routine."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2014, 07:38:41 am »

Increase will, Spend 4 on wight, loot house, loot people, Wear clothing, Dance the night away, Learn skill "Mad dance: force your enemies to be distracted by a truly insane dance and song routine."
+1
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19