Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Wight [ISG/TSG]  (Read 18503 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Wight [ISG]
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2014, 11:39:01 am »

Forgot about animals Yeh let's eat those

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2014, 04:16:20 pm »

I like evil. Now eat her!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2014, 05:20:21 pm »

There's other reasons we may want to destroy other wights. The more wights about, the more likely it is for them to be seen. If an area's had lots of wights seen around it, they'll make more of a concerted effort to hunt them down, and that includes us. If we manage to go unnoticed, they may believe they killed all of the undead in this particular tomb, and we wouldn't have to worry about being hunted so much.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »

Yay evil

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 06:03:16 pm »

NB: Update schedule for this is nowhere near necro-mechanic levels.  I'll try and do two a week, but they'll be mega-updates - in other words, I'll try and incorporate as many suggestions as possible when I do them.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 06:06:43 pm »

((Aww, you're making me blush.))

+1 to animal eating and sneaky escape
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 06:19:05 pm »

Answering question from earlier:  New wights take from total health to summon, but if you gorge yourself on lifeforce you can pump up your stats, including health (rule of thumb, at max health and full sustenance each 5 points of life force can grant you an extra health point, more for stat points).

That said, retcon time: Health spent to gain a new wight is 1:1, but you can't ever spend more than half your health on any one wight.  You can also choose how many of your stats to give them (Might, Guile).

So unfortunately that means if you spend 10 total health to create a wight, assuming you're at full health you'll be left with 5 hitpoints max and 5 health (you can't kill yourself this way, you just make a weaker wight) and a wight with 5/5 health and whatever stats you gave it (at least 1/1 Might/Guile).

Retcon Retcon:  The power is now as follows:

Create Wight: A victim you have recently drained of all life can be brought back as a wight under your complete control.  Cost: Health.  The total health you spend creating the wight will be its new (and total) health.  This is a permanent subtraction from your own health.  The new wight's stats will be half of your own (no subtraction).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:24:09 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2014, 06:21:13 pm »

-1 to eating wight,

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »

+1 to eating Wight.
10/10.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2014, 06:43:35 pm »

+1 To neither eating nor not eating the Wight.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2014, 06:44:43 pm »

Wut.
10/10.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2014, 08:39:45 pm »

After listening to the various voices in your head, you decide to listen to the adventurers' discussion instead.

"A fine haul, my companions."

"Yeah, this is good loot!  I'm gonna buy me a new axe handle!"

"Now, my friends.  Focus not so much on the physical reward, but the spiritual.  We have cleansed a den of great evil."

"Yeah, and the bishop had better have a fat reward for us.  Me, I'm cleansing it of great booty!"

"As my less verbally versatile friend puts it, yes, we are in this for the remuneration."

"Yes, of course.  The bishop will ensure you are suitably compensated for your efforts."

Hmph.  Sounds like they're being paid to clear wights on a bounty basis.  Perhaps not the best potential allies.  You look for a way to make it to your sister, deciding that you can probably sneak around using the sarcophagi for cover.

You sneak around the back of the room.  At one point the elf looks your way, but you duck behind one of the stone coffins and hold until he returns to stuffing gold into his bag.  You make it around the chamber to your sister.

The thought strikes you briefly of trying to drain her life force to strengthen your own, but you dismiss it quickly.  It has the same appeal to you as eating dung would to a human.  Probably for the same reason that vampires don't drink one another's blood.  The very thought of it seems wrong to you.

"Wight," you whisper to her.

"Wight," she greets you back.  Only the master ever had a name.

"Come with me.  We can get out to the surface before they find us."

"Before sunset?  Are you crazy?"

"This might be the best chance we get," you say, but you do have second thoughts about the matter.  You know (it was one of the pieces of knowledge that was passed to you during creation, almost like instinct) that being in sunlight weakens you terribly.  It might not kill you, but you would be extremely vulnerable to anything that would.

[While in sunlight all your stats are halved, including health.]

What do you do?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells/Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2014, 08:43:37 pm »

while leaving, tell her if she betrays us she's dead.
10/10.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »

Eat her
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2014, 08:59:18 pm »

If there is a particularly good place to hide in this dump, especially if it's likely that the adventures cleared it out before hand, hide there. Otherwise taking our chances out in the light seems like a better bet. Who knows how much they are going to toss this place for loot and bounties.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19