Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Wight [ISG/TSG]  (Read 18505 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Wight [ISG]
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2014, 05:56:39 pm »

Hum. I'm not so sure about the leaving people alive thing. Although it would be great if we could create less panic via not killing people, do you think that's realistic for peasants in a area that has had frequent killings by undead monsters to get attacked by a undead monster and then take the time to think "Hey! I didn't die! Maybe this one isn't worth calling in the legions of adventures for!" Stealthy, and that means killing, seems to be the way to go for now. Assuming we are evil that is.
Immediately, no. But in the long run, if everybody keeps swearing they've been assaulted by undead horrors of the night but nobody's died for a week, people are going to stop taking it seriously. Or at the very least, take it "this is obnoxious and scary" seriously rather than "this abomination is stalking us one by one, and it won't stop until nobody is left" seriously.

Conversely, if the disappearances continue, people are going to figure out that something is (still) up.

Allies would be better. But

A: We have no idea if we can trust her
B: We have no idea if we will be able to collect enough life force for even ourselves at this point
C: We can just make our own totally subservient allies that have no chance to betray us, so why take the risk with the unknown?
A: Well no, but we should at least talk to her about it.
B: Certainly not, but if a pack of wights can feed themselves and their fat master, I'd think a pair could sustain themselves fairly easily.
C: Well for one thing, it's really expensive. At least, for a minion that isn't made of tissue paper. For another, said slaves probably wouldn't be especially creative or motivated, being largely brute-forced puppets and all. Finally, we might want to get away from the dickish wight thing, which is harder to do when you're murdering people to transform into your unwilling thralls.

Yeah, but killing your partner means they don't see it coming. Make of that what you will.
Prisoner's dilemma. Let's see if we can move towards the optimal solution!

Or at least make each other more useful than the life force they're carrying at this precise instant.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »

Well, why not eavesdrop! We decide if they are good, and what their intentions are!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 06:05:52 pm »

I want to eat her. It will allow us a quick burst of lifeforce which will allow us to get back on our feet. I think you guys want to be nice I mean talking to undead killing adventurers and then not eating your fellow wights?

Also maybe thrall wights aren't expensive

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 06:13:57 pm »

You're right that not killing people would be better in the long term, but, well, I was thinking, long term, we should move. If we can disguise ourselves well enough a big city would be pretty sweet I think. And in the short term killing people does seem to be a significantly better option, assuming we don't want to stay here.

Also, actually a good question for the GM: Does Create Wight take max or current HP?. If it's just current that doesn't seem like a very large price to pay. If it's max... Then yeah we probably don't want to do that.

Anyway, I just don't feel like we should be approaching a possible killing machine when we are so low on hp.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 06:31:04 pm »

I want to eat her. It will allow us a quick burst of lifeforce which will allow us to get back on our feet. I think you guys want to be nice I mean talking to undead killing adventurers and then not eating your fellow wights?

No.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 07:07:51 pm »

Eat her! We can make loyal slaves later. We're all free, and it's survival of the fittest.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 07:09:20 pm »

Eat her! We can make loyal slaves later. We're all free, and it's survival of the fittest.
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 07:12:52 pm »

I am putting a -1 on any eating of other wights without reason.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 07:14:32 pm »

Also, actually a good question for the GM: Does Create Wight take max or current HP?. If it's just current that doesn't seem like a very large price to pay. If it's max... Then yeah we probably don't want to do that.
It's double the life we put into it. I find it hard to believe that's max HP because we know of no way to get max HP back, but even as current HP, remember that feeding goes to satiety when it's not refilling HP. That implies to me that 7 HP worth of food is equivalent to a full week without needing food.

So I mean, just look at us. 10 HP? That's nearly three weeks our master could have spent just chilling out doing not-risky, not-difficult things, had he not required another servant.

You're right that not killing people would be better in the long term, but, well, I was thinking, long term, we should move. If we can disguise ourselves well enough a big city would be pretty sweet I think. And in the short term killing people does seem to be a significantly better option, assuming we don't want to stay here.
Move where? We don't know anything about... well, anything, but notably our surroundings. It'd be a shame to muck up this place, only to realize the next town is a week's journey through pally-infested lands and isn't as good a feeding location.

Plus, some of us are interested in being good/nice/not-as-evil-as-the-last-guy. Feasting on the living is kind of a poor start to that, even if we intend to stop eventually.

Anyway, I just don't feel like we should be approaching a possible killing machine when we are so low on hp.
She's probably low on HP also, and is at least smart or subtle enough to watch the adventurers from hiding like we are. I doubt she's going to instantly gank us for our measly 3 HP, assuming wights can even do that. A blood courier system might have been more convenient than having us drag the unconscious food back, if that were an option.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 07:41:24 pm »

I don't think we really know enough about the system to be making any types of assumptions about how much satiety is worth in comparison to hp.

It's true that we don't know anything about the world. But unless the world is literally like you said, a paladin filled wasteland (wasteland in the undeads eyes at least) it's hard to imagine that there is a worse spot for us, considering this area is actively being hunted in by undead slayers.

As for not being evil. You are right, if we want to not be evil, we shouldn't eat people. The question is, do we want to not be evil? And can we not be evil.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 09:13:03 pm »

I want to be evil.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »

We can be evil.

We just can't be stupid evil.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2014, 02:26:50 am »

Eating her isn't stupid, free meal

Evil=fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2014, 02:38:38 am »

We don't even know if we can eat her.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2014, 11:35:34 am »

Good ppint, and one I was going to ask: Can wights absorb life from the undead? Also, I vote not evil, or not-as-evil-as-the-last-guy, and certainly not Stupid Evil. Seriously, worst alignment ever for a sole adventurer.

-1 to interacting with the adventurers,
-1 to eating the peasants / our wight sister.
+1 to hiding or sneaking away, preferably to find food.

We can subsist on animals when we get out, at least until we are a bit more .... robust.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19