Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Wight [ISG/TSG]  (Read 18454 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Wight [ISG]
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2014, 07:15:26 pm »

That depends on whether you believe the gods enforce their contracts.

Eh.... sure "I accept your contract in the name of the bardic gods."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2014, 07:16:34 pm »

That depends on whether you believe the gods enforce their contracts.

Eh.... sure "I accept your contract in the name of the bardic gods."
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2014, 07:16:52 pm »

This will absolutely not backfire on us ever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

accept the oath of fealty. seems kinda significant

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »

I feel like this will prevent us from wight-ifying him or betraying him.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2014, 09:00:52 pm »

A servant that isn't purely subservient is a good idea.

Give is a servant that can contradict our ideas and give us secondary viewpoints.

It's a good thing.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:24 pm »

I feel like this will prevent us from wight-ifying him or betraying him.
That's kinda the point.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2014, 12:12:24 am »

A servant that isn't purely subservient is a good idea.

Give is a servant that can contradict our ideas and give us secondary viewpoints.

It's a good thing.
+1
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2014, 12:29:06 am »

Reading that again, I realize the second sentence makes less sense then it did in my head.

Guess that's what I get for thinking in shorthand.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2014, 12:48:45 am »

((Hi senpai!))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2014, 01:19:24 am »

((Herro~))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2014, 04:50:15 pm »

Hello!  Life's been getting pretty hectic for me right now, so I'm afraid I'm calling a temporary Hiatus on all my games until December.  This is just an announcement so people know not to check threads until then.  Apologies for the delays/disruptions to your standard gaming, but RL priorities currently demand my attention right now.  :)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2014, 04:55:27 pm »

Take all the time you need~

Gotta take care of yourself~

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2014, 07:45:33 pm »

Text Update: No time for Images!

"I want your oath of fealty," you say.  The bard looks up, surprised.

"Pardon?  You actually want me to-"

"I want you to swear."

"Oh.  Wow.  Well, thank you very much!  I was just going to obey you out of fear, but if you're sure you want my fealty...?"

"Get on with it."

"Right you are," the bard says.  He takes a knife from his boot - slowly, seeing your gaze, and making it obvious he has it - and draws eight marks in the dirt; a sunburst; a shape that looks a bit like a 7; a stick figure tree; a stick figure man; a wiggly line with fangs; a stick figure woman; a bow and arrow; a crook.

The bard takes his knife and pricks his finger, then drips a drop of blood onto each sign.  He offers the knife to you.

Some part of you knows what to do next, and following its will is as easy as breathing - or as easy as breathing would be were you alive.  You take one of your own knives and cut your finger, squeezing drops of thick, almost black blood onto the signs.  The drops of blood caught and mingled on the dirt-scratched symbols.  The bard raises his blade to the sky, then points to each sign in turn, raising it to the sky in between.

"By the Light of the Sun, by the Shade of the Reaper, by the Height of the Tree, by the Depth of the Summoner, by the Grace of the Serpent, by the Luck of the Lady, by the Eyes of the Hunter and by the Hands of the Shepherd; I, Erik, shall to Mike the Wight be faithful and true, and love all that he loves and shun all that he shuns, according to the laws of the gods and the order of the world.  Nor will I ever with will or action, through word or deed, do anything that is unpleasing to him, on condition that he will hold to me as I shall deserve it, and that he will safeguard and protect me from ill fate."

The words start to tumble out of your mouth, almost not of your volition.  You would stop them, but you don't want to.  Saying them just seems right.

"By the Light of the Sun, by the Shade of the Reaper, by the Height of the Tree, by the Depth of the Summoner, by the Grace of the Serpent, by the Luck of the Lady, by the Eyes of the Hunter and by the Hands of the Shepherd; I, Mike the Wight, shall to Erik be faithful and true, and shall hold to him as he shall deserve, and shall safeguard and protect him from ill fate, on condition that he shall obey me in all things."

There is no crash of thunder, no chorus from the heavens, but you feel the moment pass.  Something, some bond, has been forged between the pair of you.  There is magic here, but it is old.

"Well then!" says Erik, who seems rather chipper for a man who swore his life to a creature of the night.  "What now, boss?"

"Mmph.  You will teach me magic.  And use of that instrument.  I also require food, and shelter through the day."

"I've got some travel crackers and dried meat."

"No.  It must be alive, and I sense you would prefer me not to drain yourself."

"Hardly 'holding to me as I deserve', really.  I guess I can try and hunt, stun some squirrels or something if you don't want to try and find another traveller.  Not many this late at night anyway.  As for shelter, I think I saw a woodsman's cabin about two miles back.  If not, I'm pretty sure there's a cave about five miles west or so, by the stream.  I could take you to either.  Magic we can do on the way, or after eating if you prefer.  What would suit you best, boss?"

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells/Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2014, 08:33:41 pm »

Hmm, Squirrels and the cave sound good, we can begin this magical lesson as soon as I am not ready to drop dead of hunger. We can stay at the cabin if you wish, but the risk of discovery and subsequent bad things happening is there.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19