Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Interest Check-Game of Thrones RPG (OOC Thread)  (Read 8326 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check-Game of Thrones RPG (Pre-sign up, brainstorming)
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2014, 06:54:11 pm »

They're pricks. And they killed the king. He was one of my favorite characters. Also Ned.

It could be argued Robert was destroying the Kingdom by beggaring it's economy.

That Boar might have done Westero's a lot of good if it wasn't for all these...usurpers. :3
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2014, 06:58:13 pm »

Yeah... but let's be honest, if he survived he might have actually outmatched Cersci on the child thing. Cersci was not a great sneakster.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2014, 07:40:25 pm »

Robert had no interest in the truth, he didn't care about Cersei or any of his supposed children, he only cared about drinking, whoring and hunting, and trying to escape his miserable existence. I really loved the character as well, but he was a horrible king.

Also, I can agree to nog working under the Lannisters, but I could alp see how working for the "bad guys" could he interesting (provided we don't end up going on a tour of consciencelessness and/or make psycopath characters).
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2014, 05:50:32 am »

How are they the bad guys? Sure, Joffrey's a spoiled brat, but Tywin especially is a man of business. At least he doesn't risk his smallfolk going to war left and right for no damned good reasons.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2014, 09:13:42 am »

Yeah, except for all he did to Tyrion...Tywin was a cruel man, but he was never crueler than he had to be, imo.

ASOIAF is pretty good at rendering shades of grey.

Robert had no interest in the truth, he didn't care about Cersei or any of his supposed children, he only cared about drinking, whoring and hunting, and trying to escape his miserable existence. I really loved the character as well, but he was a horrible king.

Even worse, I'm pretty sure his memories of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
are mostly figments of his imagination-some beautiful dream he built in his mind, to compensate for the reality he chose for himself.

Still, I think if he had lived he might have redeemed himself with what was coming for Westeros. Robert was a warrior, and he had no enemies to fight...but, he would have had the war he wanted, if he had just lived a little longer!

Anyway, I'm a bit stumped now as how to start. Do you guys want to make characters, then make a house, then do the finishing touches on the chars?

Or the other way around-house, then characters?

I'm leaning toward the first choice, so I can vet some of the players before they start playing.

I'm willing to hear opinions, tho.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2014, 09:17:46 am »

Well, I don't think the House we chose have that much of an impact on what character we create. I'm thinking of playing the son a rich merchant who was taken on as a squire because he his father lent a lot of money to the lord. He takes a lot of shit from not being noble, and tend to act arrogant because to compensate.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2014, 09:41:50 am »

Characters first.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2014, 11:30:52 am »

Ye, characters first. I would also like a look at the book itself, it it can be... Arranged... ;)

How are they the bad guys? Sure, Joffrey's a spoiled brat, but Tywin especially is a man of business. At least he doesn't risk his smallfolk going to war left and right for no damned good reasons.

Except when he did just that after
Tyrion gets arrested
And Joffrey isn't just a spoiled brat, yes a spoiled, sociopathic, sadistic brat. And nobody who purposefully employs and unleashes the Mountain That Rides on people can never not be a bad guy.

In the end the qoute marks around the words were there for a reason, though, in that they're the closest thing to bad guys the series has. Well, among the human factions, at least. Them and Stannis.
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2014, 12:08:54 pm »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check-Game of Thrones RPG (OOC Thread)
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2014, 12:34:08 pm »

Posting to keep tabs on the OOC.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »

Dwarmin, what's the narrative arc with this prelude chapter?  I appreciate the world building but I'm not sure there is much more room in this mini-story for me to play out.  I was figuring that you would offer some objective for Elise to work towards but right now I'm not seeing anything.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2014, 12:53:23 pm »

Dwarmin, what's the narrative arc with this prelude chapter?  I appreciate the world building but I'm not sure there is much more room in this mini-story for me to play out.  I was figuring that you would offer some objective for Elise to work towards but right now I'm not seeing anything.

I figured I would use you for some world building, then...yeah...I'm not sure where to go. The timeframe of the pre-game unfortunately puts you right when you arrived at House Stonehearth, without much to...do.

Your character is pretty much a rogue skillwise. I suppose I should offer you something to steal? :P Honest question.

At worst, point me in the direction your character would go after escaping from Maynard's genial clutches. I'll think of something soon enough...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2014, 12:59:10 pm »

Where is the IC thread?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2014, 02:47:30 pm »

I figured I would use you for some world building, then...yeah...I'm not sure where to go. The timeframe of the pre-game unfortunately puts you right when you arrived at House Stonehearth, without much to...do.

Your character is pretty much a rogue skillwise. I suppose I should offer you something to steal? :P Honest question.

At worst, point me in the direction your character would go after escaping from Maynard's genial clutches. I'll think of something soon enough...

Well she isn't going to go stealing from family so that's probably not something she is looking to do right now.  I think that considering she is the level headed and guarded 25 year old while several characters are naive teenagers she should probably be watching out for them and the trouble they are in.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2014, 05:08:30 pm »

Where is the IC thread?
Here! I was wondering why you weren't posting.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6