Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Interest Check-Game of Thrones RPG (OOC Thread)  (Read 8329 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check-Game of Thrones RPG (Pre-sign up, brainstorming)
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 05:14:30 pm »

Well, who's going to be house leader? What if we were all brothers and sisters, our father the Lord being old and sick, and we're all jockeying for the throne?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »

I don't think I want to be the house leader a relative like a brother yes but not leader. Also is there magic in this? I never looked that up.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 05:23:09 pm »

I don't think I want to be the house leader a relative like a brother yes but not leader. Also is there magic in this? I never looked that up.
Spoilerz...

Anyways, I think it'd be better if we weren't out to kill each other from the start.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 05:28:39 pm »

It's usually better if the premise isn't the players murdering each other, in my mind.

...It makes the unavoidable betrayal less suspected :D

Edit: ninjad!
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 05:31:36 pm »

Why would we kill each others? We're all loving brothers and sisters!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »

To be honest my character was going to be uninterested in the throne and more interested in fighting for his lord.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2014, 05:35:41 pm »

I'm not aiming for the throne just being related to the guy who gets the throne.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2014, 05:36:39 pm »

Since it looks like The War of Five Kings is the setting that's getting the most votes is there any details I should know besides that Robert's brothers, Robb Stark, Greyjoy, Joffrey are the kings trying to kill each other?

Well, lots. :P

But, that's the basic part of it, from the view of a commoner.

You should know the general setup of allegiances at the start of AGOT, from this handy map!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The North (The Stark Wolf/Claimant to the Iron Throne, the Usurper Robb Stark)
The Vale (The Aeryn Eagle/Starts Neutral)
The Iron Isles (The Greyjoy Kraken/Claimant to the Iron Throne-maybe-the Usurper Balon Greyjoy.)
The Riverlands (The Tully Fish/Supports Robb Stark, under attack by the Lannisters)
The Rock (The Lannister Lion/Currently Holds the Iron Throne via Jofferey Baratheon, claimed as the previous King-Roberts-Trueborne heir.)
The Reach (The Tyrell Flower/Supports Renly Baratheon, Roberts younger brother.)
The Stormlands (The Baratheon Stag/Claimant to the Iron Throne, the Usurper Renly Baratheon)
The Dornish Marches (The Dornish Sun and Spear/Starts Neutral)

The Usurper Stannis Baratheon-Robert's second brother-has also claimed the Throne (He's actually the rightful ruler by law) but has the least power, initially, of any house.

See, it's called the Seven Kingdoms-but Dorne has never been conquered, despite being the 8th-though it has bent the knee to Westeros, peacefully.

Also is there magic in this?

Well...yeah, but it's not anything you'd ever want to use. Or do you? :P

I can't explain it, but...really, magic is extinct by the time of the War of Five Kings, and there are no wizards slinging fireballs, or casting "summon food"...though, the magic may be coming back. And, that's not a good thing...read the books if you want more.

See-what hints of magic there is, is fairly terrible. For example, the way to get a magic sword? Quench it in the blood of someone who loves and trusts you. Want to bring a Dragon to life from stone? Better burn someone of Royal Blood-only a King will do! Need a Shadow Demon to assassinate your enemies? ...we'll, I'll let you all figure that out by yourself. None of this is available to you, or any of you, at the start of the game.

The best quote to summon how magic works in AGOT-

"Sorcery is a sword without a hilt. There is no safe way to grasp it"

Why would we kill each others? We're all loving brothers and sisters!

No really!

This is meant to be a cooperative game. You must work together to survive.

I will not offer you any incentive to backstab each other, though I cannot forbid it exactly-I'll just make sure they'll be plenty of enemies, willing to do the same for you.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2014, 05:41:21 pm »

As you may know I have stated in other threads that even if magic was hard I would still try to learn it.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2014, 05:42:15 pm »

I'd be willing to play, but I will not be a Lannister or one of their bannermen

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 05:43:19 pm »

As you may know I have stated in other threads that even if magic was hard I would still try to learn it.
It's not thatvit's hard... it's just bad.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 05:44:27 pm »

So?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »

Anyone who finds out may try to kill you.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 05:47:27 pm »

Good thing I have such loving sibling right?......

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 05:57:44 pm »

Well, you may have a chance.

Like I said, magic is all but extinct, but from what I've read it does get stronger as the series progresses...

Though really, it's horrible. Would you burn an innocent child-your own blood-to win a throne? That's the cost of magic in AGOT. I'm not sure I want to even write that.

Take another quote from one of my favorite characters, Davos Seaworth. Nissa Nissa is the sword-sacrifice I alluded to earlier.

...When he thought of Nissa Nissa, it was his own Marya he pictured...the best woman in the world...He tried to picture himself driving a sword through her, and shuddered. I am not made of the stuff of heroes, he decided. If that was the price of a magic sword, it was more than he cared to pay...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6