Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Useable item summoning?  (Read 2093 times)

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
Useable item summoning?
« on: November 02, 2014, 12:27:06 pm »

I'm still working on the mice and I'm wondering how to get them to be able to summon, say, anvils.
The reason is that the transformice I'm making are based off the mice from Transformice! (the '!' is part of the title) and I can't figure out how to do item summoning for the shamans/shamanesses.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Useable item summoning?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:33:47 pm »

I believe I was able to make ice swords with a breath attack while trying to make a Fairy Tail mod.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 12:43:57 pm »

I believe I was able to make ice swords with a breath attack while trying to make a Fairy Tail mod.
The problem with breath attacks here is that I want an "iron anvil" not "a pile of iron anvil", I am using a 'breath' weapon for the cannon so it's used to attack instead of making iron balls that just sit there.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 12:47:48 pm »

Try the throw interaction. Found in fire imps or fire men, I believe.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 03:19:33 pm »

Sorry, I was gone for a bit, and I can only find breath weapon tokens that produces fire on those.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 04:19:16 pm »

Try the throw interaction. Found in fire imps or fire men, I believe.

Read that and you'll find that said interactions are a special case.

The only way to use interactions to get items is to get a spatter of some special material on the floor that can then be picked up and used in a reaction to make said item. This is done in my silly curses/secrets mod that I have lying around somewhere (included in Fantastic, IIRC).

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 05:50:58 pm »

The only way to use interactions to get items is to get a spatter of some special material on the floor that can then be picked up and used in a reaction to make said item. This is done in my silly curses/secrets mod that I have lying around somewhere (included in Fantastic, IIRC).
I have no idea how to do that :<
Do you think I could figure out how to make something summon a creature that is unable to live (no [NOTHOUGHT] tag but doesn't have a brain) and it's corpse be an anvil?

In other news, I am messing with making a (VERY OVERPOWERED) megabeast and, while it's push attacks dismember most things and sends them flying across the map, I can't get it to use the attacks I made for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 06:34:04 pm »

Summoning creatures is way, way harder than anything else that has been described in this topic.

Also, make sure to check/post your errorlog.

I have no idea how to do that :<

1. Make a new INORGANIC. Its properties are completely irrelevant.
2. Make an interaction that makes this inorganic. Use the magma crab MATERIAL_EMISSION as an example; replace BASALT with your INORGANIC and LIQUID_GLOB with SPATTER_LIQUID.
3. Make a reaction that takes the inorganic and makes a weapon out of it. The wiki has a great page on reactions.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »

The error log contains NOTHING about the missing anvil god attacks but it's complaining a LOT about both modded creatures.
my notes are in ((ooc style borders.))
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_standard.txt"
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added ((I think it's an issue with the fact the tissues are AFTER the attack here))
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:FEMALE_S:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 2_WINGS ((And yet they still have wings.))
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:MALE_S:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 2_WINGS ((See above))
ANVIL_GOD:Unrecognized Creature Token: ALT_TILE ((I THOUGHT I FIXED THIS TAG.))
ANVIL_GOD:Unrecognized Creature Token: MULTIPLY_VALUE ((I forgot where I put this or what it does))
ANVIL_GOD:Unrecognized Creature Token: COLDDAM_POINT ((Artifact from dragon))
ANVIL_GOD:Unrecognized Creature Token: HEATDAM_POINT ((See above))
ANVIL_GOD:Unrecognized Creature Token: IGNITE_POINT ((See above))
((<Language errors snipped here because it doesn't do anything to the game, I used a language gen and it gened some extra words that I'm not gonna hunt though the file for.>))
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature MOUSE_TRANSFORM
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:FEMALE_S:head, layer 5: Tissue FEATHER was not found, using first tissue instead
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:FEMALE_S:right wing, layer 5: Tissue FEATHER was not found, using first tissue instead
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:FEMALE_S:left wing, layer 5: Tissue FEATHER was not found, using first tissue instead
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:MALE_S:head, layer 5: Tissue FEATHER was not found, using first tissue instead
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:MALE_S:right wing, layer 5: Tissue FEATHER was not found, using first tissue instead
MOUSE_TRANSFORM:MALE_S:left wing, layer 5: Tissue FEATHER was not found, using first tissue instead ((To avoid repetitive 'see aboves', shamans/shamanesses still have the feathers on their head and wings.))
I made a mess. :(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 09:19:53 pm »

Your hunch on tissues is entirely correct.

I'm pretty sure it's 2WINGS. You probably have both.

The oddly placed material definition tokens in your creature definition may actually be causing problems.

You didn't define FEATHER before everything else. Seriously, as near the beginning as possible.

I make messes much, much bigger on a regular basis.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »

I figured out the problem with the anvil god's attacks: I was defining parts it didn't have for use in the attacks. In object testing I found out the neat thing of being right over the enemy can turn a 'tricky' strike into being 'easy' if, say, the thing you are stomping on is right under your foot.
Your hunch on tissues is entirely correct.

I'm pretty sure it's 2WINGS. You probably have both.

The oddly placed material definition tokens in your creature definition may actually be causing problems.

You didn't define FEATHER before everything else. Seriously, as near the beginning as possible.

I make messes much, much bigger on a regular basis.
In other news, I've fixed the wings and attacks and such (turns out I don't need 2_WINGS if the body defined already has wings, I really should've known that.)
I am following what you said but I STILL can't fix the feathers.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 09:50:11 am »

If this is only to be used in fortress mode, I'd use DFHack's Interaction Trigger along with the createitem script. I believe it should work in fortress mode, but interaction triggers are apparently broken in adventure mode at the moment.

IIRC the createitem script allows you to make the item only stay around for a while, disappearing into thin air after a while if you want it to. Not entirely sure about the name, but I think it should be createitem, create-item or something similar.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 11:39:56 am »

If this is only to be used in fortress mode, I'd use DFHack's Interaction Trigger along with the createitem script. I believe it should work in fortress mode, but interaction triggers are apparently broken in adventure mode at the moment.

IIRC the createitem script allows you to make the item only stay around for a while, disappearing into thin air after a while if you want it to. Not entirely sure about the name, but I think it should be createitem, create-item or something similar.
There are 3 different things for creating items:
1. "createitem", a C++ plugin which calls the custom reaction code to create arbitrary items with a given material and quantity.
2. "create-items", a Ruby script which is capable of creating bars, boulders, plants, logs, webs, and anvils (and nothing else)
3. "modtools/create-item", a Lua script which performs mostly the same thing as the C++ "createitem" command.

None of them contain any logic for making items disappear after any sort of delay.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 11:49:12 am »

The script for creating items in my collection does have logic for making an item vanish after a delay, but is not included in standard DFHack.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 06:14:30 pm »

The script for creating items in my collection does have logic for making an item vanish after a delay, but is not included in standard DFHack.
This is gonna sound like a dumb question, I've installed DFhack and now I'm trying to use your scripts but how do you install it?
Pages: [1] 2