Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 457145 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #780 on: July 13, 2016, 10:30:06 am »

I retire a fortress with 100 pop that is equipped with steel armor and weapons except the miners who just use steel pick.
Then I embark a new fortress to an adjacent region.  Sure enough,
  • Miner migrants from the first fortress bring their steel pick, and some have decorations like turkey bones even though I did not decorate them in the first fort.

If you had reclaimed the fort all of their steel armor would have decorations as well (and possibly be changed to base quality). Everyone must get a sudden urge to bedazzle their stuff when a fort gets retired.

Interesting.  I will work on destroying bones and excess stone, but leave plenty of small gems next time I retire this.  Hopefully, they are bedeazzled by gems next time instead of crappy turkey bones.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 13, 2016, 02:12:26 pm »

You can now actually see a ROCK item in fort mode, previously in fort mode a ROCK would be described as pebbles on a tile's floor.  Haven't figured out how to stockpile it yet, though.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PTDfun

• Bay Watcher
  • Blob...
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 13, 2016, 05:48:16 pm »

If I have a three tile stockpile with Max Wheelbarrow set to 3, and the wheelbarrows are parked, then dwarves will not haul to that stockpile.
Wand of Not Touching - The target thinks they have been poked. Range of one cm.
I want one of these.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 14, 2016, 03:53:25 am »

If you explore something in adventurer mode, it remains visible in fortress mode. Also, labyrinths remain viable embark locations, even after they've been marked on the world map. Also, four minotaurs can easily kill a fledgeling fortress.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 15, 2016, 04:22:32 am »

Another one: an island embark with water on all map edges can still receive migrants. They just appear somewhere on your island's shore, rather than the map edge.

No idea if the same goes for caravans, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to leave.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 15, 2016, 04:41:01 am »

Okay, that is cool. Dwarves, created from nothingness, rising from the primordial sea!

And yeah I think the same may for caravans whenever they're entering from between biome shear points. Well, a month or 2 is enough to get to caverns...Digging 3-wide rampway time might be a little tight if is is deep underneath.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 15, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »

Semi-molten rock doesn't count as a valid wall for an adjacent track ramp. Sending minecarts below the magma sea requires constructing walls.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 15, 2016, 02:44:12 pm »

This happens if you only get 1 migrant (population cap)
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 16, 2016, 08:52:08 am »

I really hope this isn't true and I'm just missing something, but...

If you set your designations to show priorities, you can't go back to not showing them without manually turning them off every time you open the designate panel...

Edit: Ignore this, you can get it to go back to default if you don't have any designations set somewhere. Not sure if it's just designations with priorities that need to be removed or all of them though.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:55:28 am by Repseki »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 16, 2016, 11:26:27 am »

I really hope this isn't true and I'm just missing something, but...

If you set your designations to show priorities, you can't go back to not showing them without manually turning them off every time you open the designate panel...

Edit: Ignore this, you can get it to go back to default if you don't have any designations set somewhere. Not sure if it's just designations with priorities that need to be removed or all of them though.
...Thanks for this. I asked how to turn priorities back off way back when they were first introduced and nobody had an answer, so I've avoided using them ever since because it was too annoying. Now I can finally actually use them.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 16, 2016, 11:57:13 am »

Pointless post, but fucking ditto. It really got on my nerves.
One wheel short of a wagon

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 17, 2016, 02:57:21 pm »

Apparently werebeasts of the same species and description are not, in fact, always neutral to each other.

Poor guy. I thought I was doing him a favor, giving him some friends to talk to. :(

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 24, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »

The dark fortress capital of a goblin nation is purple. If the site is destroyed it's still purple. If the site is conquered it's still purple. But if the site is destroyed and then reclaimed by another goblin nation, it turns grey.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 13, 2016, 04:35:41 pm »

Olms are real animals. They look like axolotls without the gill things.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 04, 2016, 04:38:44 am »

So, I genned a world, and was wondering why human town dropped back down in levels without there being any towers or goblin hamlets - thought it'd be stalemating war between goblin soldiers and goblin scholars, but not so!

You're why we can't have sustained invasions, Vispol

I guess I'll be limiting vampire types to 1 from now on. Should be enough so cursing can happen in fort mode, but hopefully not enough to eat one person for every goblin in the world why are you so hungry
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 148