Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 457029 times)

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #615 on: August 26, 2015, 04:35:18 pm »

It's almost immediate as far as I can tell.  It also casts obsidian.  Not sure how to weaponize, but I can see many avenues of fun from this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 26, 2015, 05:07:34 pm »

Kool.

Trivial findings:  Should your dwarf replace a cage trap with a trapable critter on that same tile with him the critter gets immediately trapped.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 28, 2015, 02:02:14 am »

A Ballista bolt will not hit a target if they're on the ground. The first bolt took out a forgotten beasts legs, all subsequent ballista bolts passed straight over. Tested this numerous times with consistent results.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 28, 2015, 01:43:09 pm »

A Ballista bolt will not hit a target if they're on the ground. The first bolt took out a forgotten beasts legs, all subsequent ballista bolts passed straight over. Tested this numerous times with consistent results.
This holds true for arrows as well (according to adventure mode.) Or at least it's very difficult.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 28, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »

This holds true for arrows as well (according to adventure mode.) Or at least it's very difficult.
This is also true for material emission projectiles, so if you're designing a creature with a machinegun, it's best to make their bullets light, like porcelain, instead of dense, like slade, or the first bullet will knock them down, and the rest will pass by harmlessly. And that's just no fun.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Whodunnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 11, 2015, 11:04:20 am »

If you add [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to [ENTITY:SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES] you can play as several different animal people in adventure mode.

If you choose a serpent man you will lisp when you talk to people.
You: Come, join me on my adventuressss!
Human Bowyer: I would ...rather not.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 11, 2015, 11:26:54 am »

If you add a critter to a 'dummy' civ that only has a defined raw_name, critter_composition, and the outsider advtag you can play as anything.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

elcr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 13, 2015, 09:34:29 am »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 13, 2015, 09:56:40 am »

Lol you blocked off Caves 1-3?

Especially lol because FBs dont get along well there.
PKs DF Mod!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 13, 2015, 10:42:20 am »

I've known that for ages. FBs regularly arrive through hell in Bastiongate. I usually hack them into one of the caverns.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 29, 2015, 09:20:26 am »

A dwarf with an assigned bedroom will choose to idle there instead of in the meeting hall.

This is useful to me since I'm playing with Natural Growth forts and this lets me manipulate the system and encourage couples by designating beds as 1x1 bedrooms and placing two side by side with specific dwarves assigned.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 29, 2015, 10:38:42 am »

A dwarf with an assigned bedroom will choose to idle there instead of in the meeting hall.

This is useful to me since I'm playing with Natural Growth forts and this lets me manipulate the system and encourage couples by designating beds as 1x1 bedrooms and placing two side by side with specific dwarves assigned.

What's the marriage rate of vanilla dwarves in this system? I tried it but it seems to take longer than ever in the current version for them to hitch up, if they are even interested in tying the knot in the first place.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 29, 2015, 11:05:42 am »

Mine are still at friends in the Spring of the second year. I'm patient and having fun just designating small projects and not feeling rushed. I've got a wall up on the surface that I'm interested in seeing tested, so that's fun.

My design is using 3x3 bedroom spaces with twin beds as 1x1 bedrooms, and dining halls are just 2x2 rooms with two chairs and two tables that serve as overlapping dining/meeting halls. And yet, despite not having anywhere to idle near non-chosen people, I'm still seeing friendships form between people from different couples. So I'm guessing idling isn't actually required for that, since the ONLY contact they get with non-designated partners is either work time or traveling between work and home.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 29, 2015, 11:09:06 am »

when toady fixes social skillsi expect it to be better
PKs DF Mod!

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 29, 2015, 01:30:28 pm »

Wagons can path over upright spikes. 
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 148