Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 457038 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2015, 06:29:23 pm »

Cage a monster and stick it on the path you want to web. Lead a tamed spider (If you have one) within sight from the direction you want the path webbed, and let the shooting commence.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 18, 2015, 06:38:42 pm »

Triplets, ofc.
My guess is that demons lack the MULTIPLE_LITTERS_RARE tag.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 19, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »

A goblin fortress is trading with a human town . . . ?

The Dark fortress is firmly goblin, in composition, loeadership, site-name and leadergroup name, and even 3rd party utilities agree, but its trading with the humies and I dont know why.

The larger goblin sites do seem to do this, Ive noticed a few weird trade routes when I export them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 19, 2015, 02:56:57 pm »

A goblin fortress is trading with a human town . . . ?

The Dark fortress is firmly goblin, in composition, loeadership, site-name and leadergroup name, and even 3rd party utilities agree, but its trading with the humies and I dont know why.

The larger goblin sites do seem to do this, Ive noticed a few weird trade routes when I export them.
Is it real trading or just a sort of kidnapping relationship?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 19, 2015, 03:05:07 pm »

Yea.  Trade export supports it too.  The large gobbo sites are connected to the interciv networks.

According to the gobbo I talked to, 'Ticklock trades with no less than 5 major settlements.  the largest is finlove [a human city].  there are six villages that utilize that Trade Depot.'

Goblins actually trade at their major fortresses.  Or do in my games.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 19, 2015, 10:33:20 pm »

I know Im in here a lot recently, but I found out that, as odd as it seems, critters will keep track of knapped and raised family.

A dwarf necromancer told me about his niece with a goblin name.  His sister was 'knapped as a baby, raised by gobbos and gave birth to a daughter, who was given a goblin name.

This necromncer, who has been isolates from dwarven society for almost a century, knew his kidnapped sister had  a child.  This child has never known dwarven society either.
PKs DF Mod!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 20, 2015, 09:55:56 am »

Haven't poked at this behavior too much, but it appears that growth happens discretely at daily intervals.  That is, if you put two very different sizes on a creature one day apart, it will quantum leap between them rather than grow linearly through the day.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 20, 2015, 10:14:33 am »

I would like to know why they sometimes camp out and gather 1000+ zoms and zero followers or choose to take over sitwes instead of building a tower.

'Tower' necromancers tend to only engage in conventional warfare.  they seem to exist as a site loosely tied to their parent civ.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 24, 2015, 06:24:10 pm »

Wagons are apparently allowed to go through 1 hatch cover.  :v
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 24, 2015, 06:53:12 pm »

Wagons are apparently allowed to go through 1 hatch cover.  :v
They can fit through any 1 tile wide space. It's just that the wagon accessibility map tells them not to do it. All bets are off in adventure mode.

Are you saying the accessibility map doesn't take into account floor tiles if they could otherwise access the below area from going around? In other words, what's the layout of your hatch?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 24, 2015, 06:56:36 pm »

The hatch is in the middle of 3 ramp tiles.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 24, 2015, 07:13:00 pm »

Wouldn't the hatch just swing out of the way, then?

Edit: Are you implying they can't go through more than one?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:14:56 pm by Bumber »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 24, 2015, 07:16:09 pm »

Wouldn't the hatch just swing out of the way, then?

Edit: Are you implying they can't go through more than one?
Thats been my experience.  Those times I do make hatchway entrances.
PKs DF Mod!

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 26, 2015, 03:48:39 pm »

Fire men melt unmined ice, turning it into liquid (usable) water.  Kinda neat for a glacial surface volcano.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 26, 2015, 03:50:34 pm »

Fire men melt unmined ice, turning it into liquid (usable) water.  Kinda neat for a glacial surface volcano.
che?

How fast/could you weaponize it/what if they walk through a ice tunnel?
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 148