Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17377 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [7.5/?] - Ruinous dicestructionation!
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »

Kolima - Landed on Dr. Coggington.
0_0
*read* *read* *read*
Oh, wow, sorry, I somehow managed to completely miss the Kolima incident! Thinking cap activate!
Well, you were distracted by the comet :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

Amidst the intense analysis of the comet, Dr. Coggington registers a shift in its own mass. Upon further investigation, a gigantic has appeared...
Ye-olde speaker towers rise from the surface surrounding the Kolima. Amidst a great deal of clicks and static a tritone voice, reminiscent of church-bells and rain upon a tin roof can be discerned.
Detected presence! There is a lack of hostility, your presence is accepted. Poultry are ongoing project, harm is to be discouraged. Analysis of tree-nature suggest potential root-based conflict, allowances possible. Request exists for historical and cultural information.

P.S.
 Well, the plan was to rain a dampening agent(I was thinking of dry ice) on myself and catch the comet. But the impact zone is a fair distance away and looks rather hotly-contested for a passive rock like myself so that plan was pretty much off the table even before a tree that probably doesn't want to be used for cosmic target-practice was literally on the table...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

Speaking of which, I wonder if I can shoot down the Devastator, get in good with Heaven's Acropolis, and eat the corpse...

No meta-grudges allowed, right Akylon? :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2014, 05:15:48 pm »

I have two responses to that, Rolepgeek. :)
A. (actual response) Yes, I'd rather not have meta-grudges.

B. Meta-grudges sound like a silly idea, but aside from having no CB (even though this is not CKII) and not moving probably being a Bad Thing for fighting I don't see why you couldn't try shooting at him! :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2014, 05:17:57 pm »

CB?

He's almost dead as it is, all I'd need to do is finish him off with my fastest weapons, since he's literally right next to me. Don't need him crashing on me, anyway, if it fucks up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2014, 05:19:39 pm »

It was a bad joke based on what I've watched a lot of on youtube recently.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2014, 05:25:07 pm »

My apologies for my mistakes, I misread the sheet. There is nothing wrong with RPgeek's special ability, however.
You do need to clarify exactly how your systems are supposed to work if they don't follow the normal procedures and the rules you are assuming they function on.
The functionality of each and every system is abundantly clear from the context.

I also noticed again the infinite bulkhead bullshit. That's bullshit, it needs a specific number or to default to one.
As I said before, it was merely a point I was making considering Rolepgeek's demonstrably overpowered ability.

Where are you getting 8x8 from? I have 5 Assault squadrons, not eight.
Typo. Doesn't matter for the final result, which was calculated correctly.

And my point wasn't that you were using infini-weapons(though he poison gas launchers were essentilly that, in your last sheet), my point was that me not taking the exact same route you are by abusing the mechanics of the system is not the same as being incompetent. That is what I am talking about when I say min-max, regardless of what the technical definition is. Abusing the loopholes in the rules.
I'm not abusing any game mechanics, nor utilizing any loopholes. Not even using any dodgy interpretation of the rules. I agree that the rules are ill thought out, and in fact for them to be changed to a better version. But this is what they're. You chastize me for picking what is blatantly clear to all, in every possible way or form, the best option. This is not abusing some ill thought out rule. The rules state to pick 60 points or less, and so I did.

And I must note, you abused them harder than me, by using the undefined weapon cap to load your weapons up to twice max capacity, tremendously boosting your special ability.

I have increased my base stats exactly one point in Structure, and actually reduced my Propulsion by three points, since the game started. So that's bullshit. Everything else has been going into utility stuff and Fluff(notice I spent a point on Landing Gear. Are you going to call me incompetent for doing something like that?).
Utility stuff, which, if you'd gotten it your way, would have quadrupled your growth rate.And yes, this is the point of feigned ignorance.

If all the tactics in the game rely on people ignoring rules to do what's fair instead, you should remove the rules and simply note it as a freeform thing. I'm fine with that.

And no, I never argued that it was overpowered. I argued that it was munchkinized and skullduggeried. Also, 12 is not a low stability rating for anyone except you. You claim 'oh their stuff is useless and below-par' when you're just talking about people who put Fluff ahead of Crunch, and didn't give themselves a shitton of weapons to abuse the way Massiveness is tied only to Destructiveness.
Says the person who gave himself twice the normal cap in weaponry, tried (but failed) to circumvent the only functional weapon limit, and made his entire ship functionally reworkable.

As for boarding attacks attacking population; that only really works if they have population/population matters. The Fluxx, for example, or Krarkkus.
Both have pop IIRC.

And Dr. Coggington seems to have tripled all his stats, if I read that right, not just structure. Besides which, the island he was on was floating on it's own before he became it, and capable of supporting his craft. Why wouldn't it be able to now?
Turn said structure only.

And please, read the way I word things. I do it on purpose, for specific reasons, to try and convey my meaning. Krarkkus is on it's way to the same. Not 'is already there'.
I see no reason to assume him becoming significantly stronger soon.

I don't actually have all that much stuff right now, in terms of what I can use. My only weapon that uses all 60 points are the Gravity Arc Cannons(and they have crappy-ass speed and crappy-ass Stability, both on purpose) and only my boarding squadrons have the most Destructiveness for their given massiveness. So claiming that I'm overpowered because I want to have the capability to be viable with other ships without abusing the mechanics of the game is bullshit.
So basically you want a power boost so that you can ignore the effect of the game rules. In that case, you really should do away with the rules entirely and go for a freeform game.

Also, Ebbor, you're being rather rude. Calling Eric a 'complete fool'?
With all due respect, you get little respect if you start accusing people for properly following the rules.

CB?

He's almost dead as it is, all I'd need to do is finish him off with my fastest weapons, since he's literally right next to me. Don't need him crashing on me, anyway, if it fucks up.
I must note, that for RP purposes the Custodes is send as a rescue vessel of the devastator.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »

Sheet slightly adjusted to remove confusion.

[/quote]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2014, 05:54:40 pm »

I'm done arguing with you, Ebbor. I have no idea why you didn't just set Massiveness at 1 and let Specialization be 19, but whatever.

You've decided to set your own special rules for stuff like Redundant Bulkheads and Apocalypse Missile far more than I have(I did the Squadrons taking up Pop instead because I thought at the time that A. It would be cool and B. it would make sense, considering they don't take up room on the ship when they're out flying about), and I don't have the energy to deal with this right now. Hell, I shouldn't have been arguing in the first place, cuz' I'm sick and should probably be resting. But your barely veiled insults and assumptions, as well as at least one contradiction('I agree they were ill thought out...this is not abusing some ill thought out rule') is beginning to aggravate me more than it should. You will, of course, as anyone would, assume I'm 'running away' because you think I'm wrong and have realized it or smething like that. This isn't the case. I still disagree with you, I just don't find it to be worth arguing over; whose ship is better will be settled by the pounding of guns and the clash of blades.

Plus I'm pretty sure Akylon's gonna let me rework the rules to work better, and everyone's ships will probably be allowed a makeover when that happens.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2014, 06:00:53 pm »

Plus I'm pretty sure Akylon's gonna let me rework the rules to work better, and everyone's ships will probably be allowed a makeover when that happens.
To clarify this a bit before ya'll start another argument: Since rolepgeek has mentioned occasionally he's working on something like this, I wouldn't mind it. Pretty sure the system I cobbled together from looking at other multiplayer games could use some refining or reworking, after all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2014, 06:02:58 pm »

I'm done arguing with you, Ebbor. I have no idea why you didn't just set Massiveness at 1 and let Specialization be 19, but whatever.
And I have no idea why you wanted to make such a fuzz about it.

You will, of course, as anyone would, assume I'm 'running away' because you think I'm wrong and have realized it or smething like that. This isn't the case. I still disagree with you, I just don't find it to be worth arguing over; whose ship is better will be settled by the pounding of guns and the clash of blades.
Nah, I'm just glad this is over, and if the rules are changed, glad they'll be changed. Storm in a glas water, really. Still, thanks for perpetually trying to paint me as the bad guy for following the rules.

I still believe we should have gone with the original interpretation, which is points as a total statpoint limit. Rather than just massiveness.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:07:45 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »

See, when I was talking about barely veiled insults, that's the kind of thing I was talking about. Making an edit specifically to be snide.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:13 pm »

(Time to posts orderes~)

The bridge crew of the Acropolis watched agape as the rubble of Castle Zipworld plummeted out of sight below the clouds, breathing a tongue of toxic smoke behind it. The silence lasted for what seemed like an eternity, interrupted only by electronic pings as crew throughout the ship, mostly oblivious to anything but their own labors, filed reports to their lead officers' consoles. The pilot eventually broke the silence; "Captain, the enemy vessel is turning about to face us."

"They're in bad shape. The only reason they would want to do that now is to attempt to ram us. My suggestion is to fire on their engines and evade as best we are able." This from the combat team director, one of the few crew members with actual military experience.

Before the captain could make a decision, the comms officer interrupted; "Captain, one of the evac cars is reporting an intruder claiming to be the king of that castle on boa-"

"They're discharging their warp drive again, sir!" This from the sensors team. "Spacial distortion appearing around their vessel, not ours."

"They're going to warp into us, Captain! The structure isn't in shape for that kind of abuse. We have enough capacitor supply to dump again, though." Engineering director this time.

The captain finally spoke up; "Order all hands to abandon ship. Launch the remaining evac cars. Engineering, dump that charge into the engines, pilot, throttle up and descend, highest angular velocity relative to them you can give us, follow the wind. Everyone else off the bridge, now!"

The pilot mumbled something incoherent under his breath as he adjusted the controls and the ship rocked forward under acceleration, while it dropped from the sky like a brick, repulsor systems shut off, gravity winning out for a moment before manuevering thrusters suddenly flared, spinning the craft to starboard, to face north. Evac cars began shooting off from all over the hull and the main engines coughed fire, until it was all interrupted by the explosive force of space returning to a far less compressed state...

(Roll to kaboom, I guess. Roll to save part of the remaining crew, too.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2014, 11:55:03 pm »

Detected presence! There is a lack of hostility, your presence is accepted. Poultry are ongoing project, harm is to be discouraged. Analysis of tree-nature suggest potential root-based conflict, allowances possible. Request exists for historical and cultural information.
Harumph! The butterflies that call me home lifted me into the sky with magnets, and since then we have floated and built. Would you consider an alliance? My island has no propulsion but the wind, and you have a suitable ship for travel.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2014, 12:14:30 am »

Valuable artefacts require protection. Mutual protection advisable. Require integrity of existing assets and non-interference with mechanical components. Request exists for expected requirements.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22