Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17399 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [7.5/?] - Ruinous dicestructionation!
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2014, 02:21:16 pm »

You can, yes. You need a different skycastle though, or at least one with a different color and a different name.

As for the capacitor, it didn't explode because dramatic explosions are more heroically sacrificial, or another fittingly dramatic reason. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2014, 03:02:18 pm »

Devastator Airship

The bridge was filled with silence, and almost completely deserted. Every last droid had been send to combat the raging fires in the weapon compartements. Though there were no alarms to remind to tell him -the subsystem that powered had at this moment already reached it's terminal velocity-,  the main control droid knew that their efforts would be futile. In a sense, the fire was even benevolent, it's the heat warming up the Airships tattered flotation vessels, keeping the floating ruin in the air for just one moment longer. Long enough, at the very least, to do what needs to be done.

The droid headed over to the control panels, turning the ship to face it's enemy, for they would not run, not even from certain defeat. As the vessel slowly started to turn, it's broken back bending for being forced against in the wind, the droid was already working at another control panel. The Devastator airship was a ruin, yes, but it was not yet destroyed. Overriding the retribution capacitor's safeties, entering the Heaven's acropolis Coordinates, and then entering the override code.

Just before entering the final code however, he stopped. Even in this moment, the mission must be guaranteed, the directives took prevalence. Quickly, the controller ran to the other end of the control room, grabbed the radio, and send one final message. Another explosion tore through the Devastator airship, sending tremors down through the entire hull. An armor plate, hastily affixed in attempt to repair some battle damage, tore itself loose from the hull, tumbling down into the depths. With no one at the controls, the imbalance send the ship into a roll. The main control droid stumbled, then slipped over a wayward citrus fruit, landing flat on the ground. From under the control board, a soft glint of metal, and two beady eyes, stared at him.

So it must be then, one final battle, to end perhaps end all those that had come before.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:13:14 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2014, 03:26:30 pm »

I like that post a lot.
That is an awesome post.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2014, 03:41:15 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:05:59 am by 10ebbor10 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

(Lovely. Spend all day fighting with the school's little bureaucracies and when I come back, everybody's dead. I don't have time to invent a dramatic response at the moment, sadly.

I assumed the worst would happen to poor Zipworld. Sad, indeed. The cookie dispenser's capacity to generate cookies out of thin air would have been valuable technology to reverse-engineer. Assuming I can even roll to dodge the inbound uhh... spacey-timey-wimey death? I really don't know the proper term for this sort of incident. Or how one could possibly avoid getting their insides suddenly and without warning replaced with someone elses' entire spasming, flaming corpse because they teleported inside of you. Good show, ebbor. If I were a wizard, that's how I would choose to kamikaze.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2014, 06:19:43 pm »

As far as I understand it, its basically a teleport ram. It teleports, possibly explodes the capacitor as a result, and then rams you in dramatic, fiery fashion. At least attempts to, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:21:41 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2014, 11:13:16 pm »

Dr. Coggington shall attempt to bring The Hand of God aboard and perform an archaeological analysis of it. See if it has any connection to the ruins that have already been assimilated.
Also, build a small aeronautical vessel and encourage the chickens to send envoys to the Laputa. With luck I shall be able to observe their culture's formation.
Attempt to shift the citrus to a region that is less prone to corrosion and encourage the chickens to convert it to sustainable farmland.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 16, 2014, 01:38:27 am »

As far as I understand it, its basically a teleport ram. It teleports, possibly explodes the capacitor as a result, and then rams you in dramatic, fiery fashion. At least attempts to, anyway.
Indeed, and you know, since the capacitor is nearly destroyed, chances are it explodes spontaneously rather than teleporting. Also, IIRC, I only have 4 charge left, so you could try to get out of range.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 16, 2014, 10:11:19 am »

Posting to snuggle, er, watch and think about joining or something.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 16, 2014, 02:31:44 pm »

Can new or renew players join as population?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 16, 2014, 02:33:00 pm »

As population?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2014, 03:00:15 pm »

Meld some oranges to myself so I can grow oranges (1 unit per turn?)
Have my engineers create an orange cannon that fires highly concentrated orange juice streams. (Hopefully a citrus scented acid cannon)

Spoiler: Kolima (click to show/hide)
I feel like I should add the hammer squads, the flaming mirror, and the citrus cannon(if it works) to my weapons, but I don't know how many stat points each would get...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »

I'm not entirely sure if Specialization even actually does anything, because it hasn't seemed like it.

And Speed has just been effectively Initiative, which isn't incredibly useful...

Anyway, how much Growth did I gain from the Assimilation Crystals and Forager Teams, if any, yet?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:33 pm »

I'm not entirely sure if Specialization even actually does anything, because it hasn't seemed like it.
Well its supposed to, I just forget its there for weapons most of the time because of other things. >.>
Sorta like how I thought of it last, heh.

As for the amount of growth gained, not a whole lot. Like they were for Eric, the animals are not being cooperative, and most of the plants are pretty small. Not sure how to count the dirt and rocks and stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2014, 11:32:52 pm »

My idea with the forager teams was something of a slash-and-burn mission; they harvest. Not capture.

I was thinking Assimilation Vessels would just give like a reduced Growth amount if not paired with the Forager Teams, since the metals and rocks can only be used inefficiently without biomass to contain them.

Maybe 1 Growth per turn for every 3-4 Growth points put into Growth gain using limited resources? And 1 Growth per turn for every 6-8 points for limitless resource ones(Giant Chlorophyll solar panels, basically).

I still have that idea for a way to balance the game stats, but it's long and I haven't worked it all the ay out yet. A big part of it is giving speed and specialization more concrete roles(speed might affect range, for example, if that was part of the unique part of the weapon(being long ranged, that is), and making massiveness based on total points, with more being proportionately required the more points in the weapon(thus, your only weapon is the DOOMSDAY CANNON 9000...or you have approximately ten thousand birds armed with knives; it's your choice, both have advantage and disadvantage).

Also, I'd advise damage to weapons(not defenses though) affect the ship more integrally somehow, while also having the possibility of secondary explosions, depending on the weapon. Damage to defenses would work similarly, but less damage to the ship, if specialization. I advise that Tanking weapons actually prevent more damage than their remaining integrity has, if they get overkilled beyond a certain amount(armor plate with 4 integrity left gets hit by a single GIANT LAZOR; the GIANT LAZOR deals 12 damage, the armor plate bites it, but prevents 8 damage, not just 4, due to the overkill-shield preventing half of the left over damage from going through(doesn't necessarily need to work in that precise way/numbers, but you get the idea; maybe )). Just shows the way tanking defenses would/should work, I feel. However...damage left over from one armor plate of tanking if there are multiple would get through to the ship, rather than being tanked by other armor plates(typically; half the point of specialization is why the stuff is unique).

Also, I want to rework the defenses system to have at least three stats that have an effect on gameplay(Massiveness just doesn't count...). Two doesn't cut it, in terms of variety and synergy available.

Also, I protest Ebbor's new ship design on multiple counts of skullduggery and minmaxing.

0 Massiveness weapons are bullshit through and through, and infinite armor bulkheads makes him effectively invincible unless you can deal over 130 damage in one turn, with current rules as I understand them. That, plus the continued general min-maxi-ness(which isn't actually illegal but still makes me squint loudly in annoyance, disappointment, and eye-dust) makes me waggle my finger at you, ebbor, with a ferocious intensity.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22