Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17408 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [9/??] - Less title, more explosions!
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2014, 10:42:54 pm »

((I've been rather busy lately, so I still can't post fluff, or update my sheet, really, though I'll try to get around to it sometime after Friday, which is my birthday))

((Some patience would be nice. >.>

It's not like you're going to attack me anyway, and have three things trying to kill you instead of 2))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2014, 10:52:36 pm »

Work on increasing the range to all the weapons
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2014, 12:44:30 am »

Burrow Crystals are to dig in the airship,
You are attacking me. I'd like to know with what.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2014, 03:08:45 am »

I thought he was talking about the island, or his airship.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »

Burrow Crystals are to dig in the airship,
You are attacking me. I'd like to know with what.
Dig my airship in.

To the ground.

Dig the airship into the ground. I'm burrowing. They aren't weapons, they're utility.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2014, 11:07:47 pm »

Name: Hive Cruiser Aeros Beta
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weapons:

Defenses:

Spoiler: Utility (click to show/hide)

What I believe the airship will look like after the current turn resolves.

I apologize for the still heinous lack of fluff text for weapons/armor/utility as to give a better idea of what they do precisely to achieve the effects, but I will try to fix that tomorrow or this weekend.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2014, 10:46:52 am »

after the current turn resolves.
Its not taking superlong from it being a complicated turn, but mainly from me having the same kind of problem as RAM was having. :-\
I could post the turn I have partly-done currently (it has dice, and very bla text), but it sounds boring.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »

Wasn't accusing you of anything, was just trying to clarify that since my ship is changing over the course of the current turn, and will be over the course of the next one, what it was formatted for.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2014, 07:48:56 pm »

I know, it was just a good quote to use :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [7.5/?] - Ruinous dicestructionation!
« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2014, 01:10:21 pm »

RAM, I'm just going to leave the hugeness as a general bonus, and be more specific later.

Turn 9

Event roll: 1
Everyone is attacked by a pile of oranges and end up somewhat more citrus-scented.
As the sun moves on to midmorningish, the wind considers changing direction but ends up not doing so. Still blowing north.

Quote from: Laputa New News, translated
The castle is ours! Are any of us good at piloting? Besides that, let us commence the adjustments! Grazing space for everyone!
Quote from: Laputa 1.5 Newsperson, somewhere else in town
So...hi. Not sure where the baron went. Guards got too hungry. Castle taken over by navy blue chickens. Sorry for the abrupt sentences, but what else is there to report on, really? Don't even have a proper broadcaster here, just the radio I picked up on the way out.

Fluxxstone makes it to K8, continuing to bludgeon its way against the wind as the Massive Rock is cracked in two, as it was too big for a single Orbiting Fluxx. +1 Raw Fluxx

Kolima, after much hmming and hauling to get to a reasonably safe spot, land on Dr. Coggington! The inhabitants pushing Kolima climb back up, sicne you don't need to push while landed!

Dr. Coggington remains in the cloud and dedicates the entirety of their efforts to analyzing the comet and assessing the possibility of capturing it. After some significant time spent triangulating possible impacts and narrowing it down, you you have a good idea of where it'll land: somewhere within a rectangle with corners at F18 and J13, before midnight.

Hive Cruiser Aeros Beta transforms its mobility into a bit of structure as it digs in and begins exploring/assimilation things upon the island. Forager teams are sent out to ruin the ecosystem the researchers were about to study in favor of acquiring biomass, while the Assimilation crystals work on converting the dirt and the rocks. The odd signal begins showing back up after an unusually structured rock layer is broken into; Its much too symmetrical, for one thing. The signal is still as weak as it was previously however.

Krarkkus smells the potential for more destruction in the air, and begins augmenting its sight so it can see further clearly. More range would be advantageous, but one must be able to see one's target to be able to use more range.

Castle Zipworld, now with giant fan to maneuver with, hangs back and prepares to evade any incoming attacks. Hopefully there aren't any, but in the meantime, someone caught a warp crystal.

Heaven's Acropolis, now properly realigned in its targeting, readies the artillery as a squad of drones is recalled to keep important functions going. The engine crew go full force on the propulsion to get out of the gas asap. The capacitor is dumped into the engine in an attempt to close the distance and finish of the destructive airship, and while it is a great effort (+8 total), it doesn't quite make it, still being fairly out of range, and the drones still out there will have quite the flight to reach the target.

The Devastator Airship does not flee. However, it does require a tactical repair in a less exposed area, and prompts the blink drive to make it so. The Massive Volcanic Rock does not have to kind of materials that could be thrown into the flames of repair for metal after breaking it open, but you do discover a significant quantity of obsidian inside it, along with other kinds of rock. The structure is repaired and the integrity is patched up, but before work starts on the defensive ruins an alert is raised by the targeting systems: The drones are returning with probable aim at the weapon systems. Its hack of their communications with the controllers is far from perfect, but its certain on this point, and repairs are halted to prepare to intercept the drones if possible. If not, at least theres favorable odds for burning down the new threat at E18, and the shots will be fired before they arrive anyway.

The Devastator Airship makes quick work of the mostly defenseless Castle Zipworld, burning it down and blowing things up with the power of massive quantities of flammable gas! The fire eventually hits the new warp crystal someone had found, and King Portsummon (along with the royal ham radio) finds himself warped into a rather cramped car full of people he doesn't recognize. Eventually a security guard makes his way back into the compartment and asks him for his Acropolitan ID, how he appeared like he did, and why he brought a ham radio aboard the evac craft.

Meanwhile, the drone squadrons, after an extensive and fast flight, do not all meet with success. One of them meets with torpedoes, and is forced to turn back without doing any damage to prevent losing the entire squad. The other two do completely differing amounts of damage; One strafes the Incinerators for some damage but with no outward results, while the other hits the unstable torpedoes and causes a monstrous explosion! Somehow the Devastator Airship manages to remain airborne, but only barely. A significant amount of crew were killed in the blast, the parts that were not thrown overboard quickly being collected and hurled into the fire to patch up critical craft areas as a rain of ballistic projectiles miss said critical areas and hit the retribution capacitors, crushing them and leaving more useless scrap metal.

Spoiler: Below (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color Legend (click to show/hide)

And there ends the Laputa siege, and it getting part of the turn unless ansontan shows up. I'm considering it as part of the scenery.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2014, 01:48:42 pm »

Do weapons attacks bypass defenses?

Do we respawn, with new vessels?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:08:04 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

Well, most weapons don't explode when hit, they just get harder to aim, or lose bonuses and fire slower, and so on; its more of an inconvenience than actual damage to the skycastle. The only times you'd actually damage a skycastle through weapon damage is if you had shot apart the entire weapon system and somehow had damage leftover, or if the weapon blew up because it was unstable or had no stability left when fired.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2014, 02:04:40 pm »

So for weapon attack, all stats are used as health?

On a side note, 3/4 of 30 is 7.5, so one of the capacitors should still be operational, right?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:08:49 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 15, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »

Agh, I thought I'd done everything this time! :)
The second capacitor is just damaged, yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2014, 02:18:36 pm »

So before I plan my heroic sacrifice by plowing into the Heaven's Acropolis utilizing a heavily damaged capacitor*, do we get to respawn?

*shouldn't that one have exploded as well?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:21:18 pm by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22