Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17434 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [10/?] - Night of Evil Clouds 2: Reckoning
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2014, 07:49:17 pm »

The Speaker is momentarily surprised at having been contacted, but like all members of the Hive, it knows it's role to play.

Self-identify:Hive;Cruiser;Aeros;Beta
Now-speaking}Hive-Speaker
Request-describe:[Being][two:one]
Request-identify:other-self

I...Er...Very well, I suppose. The Being is he who dwells in the Fluxx; a vast, unimaginably powerful creature, with power over the roiling chaos. Unfortunately, he has no physical form; as such, he sends one such as myself, to force worlds into submission before descending upon and assimilating them. A sad affair, to waste the life of so many, but it is the only way He can feed.

I myself am the Fluxxstone, the Being's chosen warrior and servant. I have led the assault on many worlds; I've lost count now.

And, I should like to say, if we must fight it will not be willingly. I do not care to waste life so suddenly, when it holds little benefit to myself. Might I ask for more information on yourself? The beings aboard your vessel are unusual; seemingly a blend of crystalline materials, plants, and beasts. What exactly are you? And why do you speak so strangely?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »

Hive-communication}ideal
Maximum-information;minimum-time
Hive;Cruiser;Aeros;Beta:=:Hive-unit;Cruiser-class;Aeros-habitat;Beta-module
Alpha-module}elsewhere
Grand-Hive}far
Grand-Hive}ideal
Grand-Hive}goal
Hive-prerogative-one;[survive]
Hive-prerogative-two;[adapt]
Hive-prerogative-three;[grow]
Hive-prerogative-four;[multiply]
Hive-prerogative-five;[overcome]
Hive;Cruiser;Aeros;Beta-goal=communication-Grand-Hive}reestablish
Grand-Hive}wonderful...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2014, 09:07:06 pm »

Hive-communication}ideal
With the least amount of spaces! :P

It does make more sense to read now though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »

Hive-communication}ideal
With the least amount of spaces! :P

It does make more sense to read now though.
:P
They don't normally communicate verbally, and I've been trying to show them as not having minds that work quite the same way as ours. It's a total democracy of sorts, a pseudo-Hive-Mind created by everyone agreeing to do things before they're done. To facilitate this, of course, they need to be very efficient at discussion and communication. Usually, it's a system of scent markings and pheromones with accompanying body language, verbal language(used in the same sense as body language; it's simply not enough info to convey what needs to be said, after all...) and minor psychic stuff with the crystals.

I've also been trying to give each color a personality of it's own in the debates before consensus is reached.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2014, 11:53:29 pm »

> comms team reports signal traffic between castle zipworld and inbound vessel.
Orders:

- continue preparations for combat.

- Send message to Zipworld:
King Portsummon, my comms team has noted radio traffic between your castle and the vessel approaching from the north. My xenobiology team isn't sure how to approach the problem at the moment so I've opted to remain silent. I was wondering if you have any idea what they're doing, how to address them and such."

- send message to devastator airship:
"You have fired upon my vessel and so I intend to retaliate if you do not stand down, which I advise you to do immediately."

((And then Alzeran asploded and everyone died. The end.))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:12:49 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »

Things to do near thanksgiving:

1. Thanksgiving. - Done
2. Update skycastles.
3. Obtain event rewards from new Warframe event. - Done
4. Not be entirely distracted by Persona Q. Maybe.
So after failing to actually do this list in order, assuming i don't have something important happen tomorrow there will be an update. I don't think theres anyone missing an action that I remember (aside from the Laputa, which is already covered via chicken siege), but if there is, then post!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

Continue mining and growing armour.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2014, 01:19:43 am »

you seem to have forgotten ??? and profit. But the meme seems to check out otherwise...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [9/??] - Night of Evil Clouds 3: Cometted to Devastation!
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2014, 04:03:40 pm »

you seem to have forgotten ?? and profit. But the meme seems to check out otherwise...
Nah, if I was going for the meme that would've involved actually using trade chat for more than a couple minutes. (and the only thing I'd want to get from it at the moment is melee slash-boosting Buzz Kill anyway, everything else is just effort, or too expensive to trade for atm.)
Also, replies to Rolepgeek:
((I'm gonna be adding more fluff and description to the sheet, and probably reposting it several times with the new developments, as time goes on.))
((If I add a modifier to the Squadrons such that they lose Destructiveness as they take damage(since as each ship in the squadron dies...), will I be able to get a commensurate bonus for them?))
As long as I know where the most recent sheet is, sure; I use a link list in evernote to keep track of them. Not sure for the second, while I do have a vague area written down for weapon stats when damaged, its not particularly done and currently just uses up all the stats as one health pool, with destructiveness being eaten away last since its at the top of the list.

Turn 7

Event roll: 1
The comet notices a disturbance in the Borce and heads towards Alzeran instead of its orbit, ignoring the complaints of astrophysics. This may or maynot be alarming to anyone in particular, since its too far away to tell where it might hit yet.

Quote from: Laputa 1.5 news
...and with that we're back, now in the secondary office, outside the siege. Temporary welcomes to all of you still paying attention to Laputa 1.5 news! Unfortunately, our camera crewmen fell behind and probably got captured by the besieging chickens during the escape from the main office in the outer areas of the castle so we're down to audio-only, but on the plus side we can now double as a radio channel! Hello to anyone else with a radio receiver on their sky structure! We are the Laputae News.
Theres much to talk about, including reports of a comet heading towards the planet. That should be quite the spectacle! But first and continuing to be our main story, the Chicken Siege. As you may have guessed from our not at all panicked move, the chicken swarm have managed to fling quite a few enraged navy blue chickens over the wall after having a significant number of delicious casualties. Eventually they also figured out how to open the gate, so the defense has moved towards the courtyard and inner castle. According to a number of tips, their demands haven't changed a bit. Continuing on, baron-related rumors have hit an alltime high for ludicrosity, and the weatherman is lamenting our loss of video...
The winds shift again, this time blowing northwards and picking up considerable speed, while the beginnings of a new dawn start to sneak over the horizon. Its still pretty dark out though.

Krarkkus continues to absorb the copper, though it is having less effect as more is mined and fed. The wind shoves at the skybeast to be budged north, but Krarkkus will not. +3 additional Integrity

Kolima's blacksmith, after being given the hunk of Platinite, nods and walks off to his forge, then slams it with his hammer once. It then vanishes, followed by a bit of hammered wood and some hammered stones. A few minutes later, he returns to where he was before and presents a Platinite Crown, Platinite Warhammers, and a fairly big Platinite Mirror. A fire is quickly put out after the mirror has a light flashed on it, and the mirror covered. They also get a significant shove by the wind, and combined with their previous attempt as moving islandwards, leads them to O3. This close its fairly clear that the island is being taken over by the large steampunkesque skycastle directly east, but there is also...chickens?

Dr. Coggington recalls his ninja chicken followers (and also his navy blue chicken followers), and focuses on having the magnificent integration done by sunrise.

Hive Cruiser Aeros Beta begins to have issues flying southwards as the wind picks up, but the engines are more stubborn than the wind still, and E14 is attained as their position. The squadrons, after compensating for the increased winds, have no problem moving about, as they have more thrust with less weight to move than the cruiser. The small objects are thrown off towards the north by the wind, and seem to have malfunctioned after flying for so long; they do not deploy, instead falling out of the sky. Weaponry and Defenses are activated, disassembled, all manner of different words. Landing Gear are grown in preperation for investigation of the island. +13 new growth, 1 of 1 growth used this turn.

Fluxxstone continues to chase down Castle Arrip, but the High Council appears to be tangled up in argument: Arrip does not fire back! All they do is continue heading windwards into L4! +1 Raw Fluxx, +40 metal

Spoiler: Turn Combat, Part 1 (click to show/hide)
The arguing proves to be their undoing. While the powerful magic water cannons that slew the Hand of God lay silent, the wrath of the Fluxx tears the aerial rope castle to shreds! The Longbow of the Apocalypse is not destroyed by the fluxx, oddly. The warped and folded space near it instead causes it to vanish, and it reappears on Heaven's Acropolis, giving a researcher's assistant a concussion as the heavy overemphasized and overengineered longbow rematerialized right above her head. Fancying a collection of defeated leaders, The Omnipotent Overmind of the Fluxxstone captures the Arrip High Councillors before they fall to their deaths, and sends them to the same room Queen Kekerezzar is held in. Should be an interesting meeting for all involved.

Castle Zipworld and Heaven's Acropolis arm up, pause talks, and head east to face The Devastator Airship as it replies the way it does best: Aggressive negotiations. The wind argues successfully against the warp once more, and Zipworld ends up in C18 instead of moving towards D19, while the Airship just manages to reach its intended target of J18 and the Acropolis is blown north to G17 while the engine crew asks for new orders.

Spoiler: Turn Combat, Part 2 (click to show/hide)

A massive barrage of weapons fire spews forth from both sides, the lasers being absorbed by the Retribution Capacitors while the missiles are shot down by a spectacular display of point defense! The drone squadrons strafe in every direction, riddling the Airship's armor with holes and dodging fire from the crewmen on deck, and spotting the forgotten Enraged Chaos Duck! They pull back to some distance after awhile however, to avoid the artillery fire the smashes and decimates the crew on deck, while blowing up the Retribution capacitors! The Enraged Chaos Duck sees its chance after the artillery impacts and comes back up from under the ship, slicing up every robotic crewman it finds with its wings of blades! Eventually the crew from belowdecks come up armed with heavy weaponry and kill the duck dead; the weapons are also heavy enough after some suppressive fire to force the drones to not come back for another strafe, so they head back to base. -2 Pop for Devastator Airship

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color Legend (click to show/hide)

Castle Arrip got hit on all of its defenses instead of getting massively overkilled due to application of 'dont be a jerk to people who missed the turn like Laputa', even though I was predicting a kill as soon as the crit appeared. (The Devastator Airship on the otherhand got saved because gm manipulation: I assumed you'd rather lose your capacitors and armor than lose your armor, your blaze protocols, and all your structure :) ) Also, while reading the actions, I saw your late edit, Eric! I counter with this link and how bad a pun the new title is. :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:19:16 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2014, 05:19:36 pm »

Move right once again, and fire when in range.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2014, 05:37:17 pm »

NE 1
Study the fighting skycastles in an attempt to pick out weaknesses.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2014, 05:49:19 pm »

Begin turning towards the south west. Contact Dr. Coggington. See if I can't salvage the wreck of Castle Arrip.

"Hello. I am the Omnipotent Overlord of the Fluxxstone. And you?"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2014, 08:39:41 pm »

Dr. Coggington Directs speakers skyward towards the Fluxxstone and broadcasts "Unable to respond, urgent matters require priority."
Final preparations are made to launch southwards as soon as the assimilation process is complete. Meanwhile, all cogs that can be spared from the assimilation process are directed towards analysing and predicting the comet's path.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »

Set up the mirror as a heat ray weapon with a big light for night time.
Tell some people to begin training with the warhammers to fight off invaders.
And give the blacksmith the crown and promote him to head smith.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:02 pm »

Dr. Coggington Directs speakers skyward towards the Fluxxstone and broadcasts "Unable to respond, urgent matters require priority."
Final preparations are made to launch southwards as soon as the assimilation process is complete. Meanwhile, all cogs that can be spared from the assimilation process are directed towards analysing and predicting the comet's path.
Look into ways to project a sad face into the air

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22