Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17412 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [9/??]
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 11:44:47 am »

Ah, my bad. Fixing the stats now.
A d6 works for power. The only reason I didn't specify a dice type was because I'm not sure how much a point of power is really worth, but if that seems like a reasonable amount to you, then it's fine.

EDIT: Found the problem. I missed the bit saying -1 pop costs 10 points. Sheet's been edited. I'm now uncomfortably fragile seeming, though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 11:49:09 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [0/??]
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 11:52:54 am »

flabort (High Councilor Flabort of Castle Arrip): This one is pretty neato, with all the magic and rope bridges. :) You've only got 27 points spent though, so like I just answered, you don't need to put those three into Power. As far as I can tell, you make the metal with magic and get about 200lbs. per turn, and spend 140lbs. of that on castle maintenance, so the leftover amount would go into Metal Production [Power] if you wanted to keep track of it like that. So you'd have 60 lbs. in it right now, correct? Also, one of your defenses is over 40 points.
OK, putting those three points into Population and Luck.
And, oh, right. Er...
Changing those defenses..... Reducing the points on both from 60/40 to 40/30, adding a basically duplicate of the second and splitting their specializations.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 11:59:55 am »

@Giglamesh Alright.
@ebbor Noted.
@flameboy If you want to edit it some more to fix it, go ahead. Though you can always just work on becoming less fragile once its started if you don't want to change anything.
@flabort Alright.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 12:08:28 pm »

Nah, I'm gonna go with what I have. I'm living or dying on the RNG right now anyways. I'm willing to bet I won't even see combat before I roll something horrible.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »

Warp crystals also Spawn from the warp, but are less common than the usual Completely random stuff. What points have I only spent 19 of? Stat points? how many do i have, I never found a number.

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:47 pm »

Stat points, yes.

You all start at 5 in each except for Shield (which starts at zero), and with 10 extra points to spend in them. Stats may be lowered down to 1 to gain additional specialization elsewhere, except for Propulsion, which may be lowered all the way down to zero if you wish to be as stationary as a floating sky castle can be, and Luck, which may be zeroed if you’re afraid of RNG events. This gives you a total of 30 points at the start, which you can freely redistribute 28 of at the start.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 12:16:29 pm »

Stat points, yes.

You all start at 5 in each except for Shield (which starts at zero), and with 10 extra points to spend in them. Stats may be lowered down to 1 to gain additional specialization elsewhere, except for Propulsion, which may be lowered all the way down to zero if you wish to be as stationary as a floating sky castle can be, and Luck, which may be zeroed if you’re afraid of RNG events. This gives you a total of 30 points at the start, which you can freely redistribute 28 of at the start.

Better?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 12:20:32 pm »

Yep.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [0/??]
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 03:29:16 pm »

micelus (Queen Kekerezzar of The Hand of God): A pop-throwing hive appears! You've only got 25 points spent, like I answered for flabort points in Power are not part of the 30. What determines the x in 'plus x pop per turn'? The Shard Priest Conclaves low massiveness is acceptable as long as they use much more population than the other weapons. The Bioengineers are a bit overspecialized for a defense (Even if you have it over, the reduction stops at what you get at 20 since I don't have it scaled out any further), but if they don't prevent damage outside of getting hit by it in combat, they wouldn't have any in the first place, wouldn't they? Also, since they're named hangars, I'm guessing the troops thrown out of some of the weapons have an amount of flight potential, or do they just depend on momentum to reach the target before falling and splattering on the ground?

I'll edit my castle later, but as for the hangers, I was thinking that the troops are capable of flight but are launched by some angel-magickey stuff towards the enemy. If the distance is too far, they start flapping and if they get too tired before they reach the castle, they go splat.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 03:53:25 pm »

Spoiler: Kolima (click to show/hide)
How does massiveness work compared to total weapons? Is it we get 100 total massiveness, and then each weapon gets 60 stats? Because that's how I built it, and how it seemed in the rules...

Edit: Fixed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:31:30 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »

Dr. Coggington travels to O3 if diagonals are a thing, otherwise, umm, Q1->Q2->P2 Dr.Coggington started at the roof of the world because starting location came up before the power stat and I didn't think to revise it... Also, it descended from the heavens with no particular regard for what was being descended into...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 08:58:38 pm »

I have updated my ship stat page I posted earlier. I'm using a cell phone to do all this so I can't effectively copy/paste it.

Also, autocorrect screwed up my captains last name. Its supposed to be Areseer, not are seer
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:15:17 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 10:23:25 pm »

How does massiveness work compared to total weapons? Is it we get 100 total massiveness, and then each weapon gets 60 stats? Because that's how I built it, and how it seemed in the rules...
Yes. Same for defenses, 100 total/40 stats. The total massiveness can be upgraded with enough expansion of the sky castle (or sky kraken, floating tree, etc)
As for your sheet, the stats are over by 5 points (0 + 20 + 0 + (10 + 2) + 3), and while I'll need to make the day/night less vague to have that power work, its not a huge deal. The weapons and defenses are ok, but a note: The fluff spread having zero integrity would mean it'll get blown out of the way by any damage at all, so I'm guessing its more of an on-demand thing.

@RAM Yes, diagonals are a thing.

I have updated my ship stat page I posted earlier. I'm using a cell phone to do all this so I can't effectively copy/paste it.

Also, autocorrect screwed up my captains last name. Its supposed to be Areseer, not are seer
Alright, I corrected your name in my list. Also the stats are good now but for the capacitor, what exactly did you want my input on about it?

Also, who hasn't posted yet, if they needed/wanted to since i went over all the sheets? Once everybody is set I'll get the thing going with the first proper turn.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 10:37:14 pm »

Made changes to my sheet.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 11:46:09 pm »

My question was the extent of the effects of the charges from the capacitor. Should one charge provide a +1 bonus to propulsion/integrity/weapon damage, or a +2 or 3 or what? You are the judge, so I was asking you to judge. :P

I just reread your reply to cptn kaladin. My weapons were designed thinking I'd have 100 weapon points of weaponry active at any given time, not mass. I've tested them as they are now, and I realized I will likely be flailing wildly at the air like a dying animal rather than hitting any targets, which renders damage moot. May I also redraw those stats while settling the power?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:48:25 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22