Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17411 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [10/??] - It begins!
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2014, 09:03:25 pm »

Have the Automated Cookie Acquirement and Deliverance Module set up in the Tinkerer's shop to boost the morale of the workers. Then activate 1 warp crystal (if any are currently available).

"Ahh, such a novel contraption will surely please the workers. May the Arengee Smile upon us like this always. Lock those chickens in one of the empty rooms until we figure out what to do with them."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:55:17 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2014, 09:24:28 pm »

Raise the chickens as a food source. Set up the Armoire in the throne room as a sign of our God's blessing to rule.

"Disregard their hue; they taste the same as any other domesticated avian."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:28:03 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2014, 10:17:09 pm »

In shock and horror that the other skyships would dine on their avian cousins, High Counselor Flabort declares war on the Hand of God.
My word, they're eating birds. Go fetch that thing that crashed into the ship for me, and see if you can't get the metallurgists to develop some arrows to go with it.
Right away, sir.
Going above the council's head, sir?
Not at all, I do have the authority to make decisions without the lesser council members; I guess the declaration of war should be debated though. Assemble the council.
Right away, sir.

Develop some arrows specifically made for the LBotA using some metal. 10 lbs should do.
Start moving west.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2014, 10:57:42 pm »

Um.

Disappear temporarily into a convenient fluxx vortex because my weapons aren't rewritten yet.

Never mind, I just multiplied the things I did have by large numbers until the massiveness was close to or at 100.
Begin assimilating the blue chickens. Have one of the newly dubbed Chicken Warriors take the Axeplicationer and become the mighty Chicken War Calculator.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:08:59 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2014, 11:13:05 pm »

Dr. Coggington shall:
Attempt to hold position relative to and within this cloud as we both drift with the wind.
Use the magentatificationer to colour the chickens, their hues shall be glorious!
Invite the chickens inside its workings, offer whatever advice can be managed to keep them alive. The survivors shall becomes ninjas or technicians! Or extinct...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2014, 12:36:15 pm »

((Is it too late to add my defences?

Spoiler: defendy (click to show/hide)
))

Krakkus' blood pulsed as it swam West.

"Krakkus seems to have changed direction."
"Maybe it saw the floating structures to the east and south?"
"Whatever the reason, we can visit that floating island."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2014, 01:47:12 pm »

Devastator airship

-Move towards the North West
-Launch my Torpedos towards the North West
-Launch all poison gas weaponry towards the East
-Eliminate boarders by throwing them out of the craft. Burn them on their way down.

Sidenote: The crew is robotic.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2014, 02:10:46 pm »

Send one of my slaves over to the Heaven's Acropolis, and ask if they'll accept a temporary truce, or face the Fluxx.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2014, 03:08:17 pm »

The truce will be honored for now, but your use of slaves has been noted as abhorrent and immoral. Slave returned regretfully.

Acropolis motions to turn southeast towards f17.

The blue chickens will be stuffed in a greenhouse to begin breeding for future livestock when colonies can be built safely.

Eyes will be turned towards the landmass we hover above to document wildlife and vegetation.

The object is being researched.

((Sorry! Didn't have inter web access last night. I just rewrote the power and weapons/defences definitions on my stat sheet.))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:14:12 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2014, 03:50:42 pm »

Yes, the stats and the defenses and so on are ok.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2014, 10:27:39 am »

Glorious Laputae Laputian Laputa

Announce to the world the opening of diplomatic relations. Invite each other sky-city to send an ambassador to Laputa.
Survey the land below for any available resources and/or ruins.
Build confinement area for blue chickens. Make it as cozy and comfortable as possible.
Research potential replication of the arc blazer.

When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [10/??] - Attack of the...duck?
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2014, 08:15:40 pm »

(Well, you had a 2 in your [Power] Shadestyle, so I'm assuming you started with two crystals. Also micelius, I didn't see a number in your power so I set it to 1.)

Turn 2

Event roll: 10!
Fluxxstone and the Devastator Airship have both been assaulted by an Enraged Chaos Duck. They are twice the size of a normal duck, have blades for feathers, and are fire-resistant; after a slight moment of confusion upon its appearance in this world, the two ducks charge at you from the south!

The one attacking the devastator airship soonafter is thrown off the ship and set aflame, but not before causing a significant number of cuts and lacerations upon the robotic crewmen that tackled it. Oil (or whatever your robots are filled with) is spilled all over the deck, making quite the fire hazard, but probably not any cases of slipping and falling on their robobutts. The Enraged Chaos Duck circles the airship aflame and quacking menacingly instead of immediately trying to regain the deck, and occasionally rams the sides.
The one attacking Fluxxstone is clobbered by one of the Orbiting Fluxx as it closes, and crashes into the surface of the sky castle instead what was presumably an attempt at eating the population. It eventually shakes its way back up however, now covered in lots of dust and missing a few blade-feathers. It is glaring at the Orbiting Fluxx, and occasionally dives after anything that moves within sight of it in an attempt to murder.

Kolima drifts a bit to the east, but not particularly far before the wind begins to pick up and blow northeasterly. The wind is now average, not calm, and the sun is still relatively high in the sky.

As soon as the Automated Cookie Acquirement and Deliverance Module is set up in the Tinkerer's Room (along with a plate for the cookies to land on), a cookie pops out of it. The chickens are eventually routed into a locked room, although the room is replaced with a an equally sized pool after a warp crystal is activated, resulting in a lot of soggy chicken that had to be retrieved and put elsewhere, and a dozen or so drowned chickens.

Sometime later during the Arengee thanking, another couple cookies show up on the plate, and Castle Zipworld sees a few things appear, but no new Warp Crystals.

The Gilded Armoire of Invincible Gleam gleams invincibly and possibly redundantly from its location on the wall behind the throne, as the chickens are moved into what probably could be considered a pasture in this hive of metal and biomass. As Queen Kekerezzar is not favoring any particular direction in particular, the Hand of God's engines hold it steady against the building winds instead. +2 Pop from BMs

The Council assembles sometime between the retrieval of the LBotA and the navigation change, curious what the problem could be. In the meantime, Castle Arrip makes its way to L8, and 10 lbs. of metal are spent on identifying what the LBotA finds acceptable. You end up with a single arrow made from an entire pound of metal that nearly beheads the testing Eiral and almost hits a dozen others after it goes through the test target, flips around, and returns at the same speed, embedding itself in a wall several buildings away behind him. The other 9 lbs. was lost on failed attempts, although whether this one would be considered 'successful' or not is up for debate. -10 lbs, +60 lbs. of metal

The chickens that arrived in Fluxxstone are assimilated into the Fluxx, and then quickly fall back out of it squawking about murder and death and war and eggs. One of them is instead mumbling something about dividing the foe's head from their body and picks up the Axeplicationer. He is dubbed the the Chicken War Calculator by the OO as the sky castle flies northeast, reaching E15. +1 Raw Fluxx.

Dr.Coggington, who perhaps stayed above the clouds too long, starts talking to the chickens and turns about half of them magenta before the Electromagentatificationer runs out of power and needs a recharge. They don't seem to understand him until they've been magentified, except for one navy blue chicken who manages to do a ninja flip over four cogs at once before landing on a reasonably safe strut. Eventually they've all wandered into the depths of the sky castle while Dr.Coggington continues to talk to them, as he also keeps track of the cloud and moves the coloring device elsewhere to be charged. +2 steam

Krarkkus encounters a flock of strange birds flying at high speed away from the floating island as it swims westward through the sky to E4.

The Crew of the Devastator Warship, angry that they're being attacked instead of being the attacker, head northwest towards the other sky castles and fire all the torpedoes. Unfortunately, there is no one to hit in the directions they aimed at, and the Enraged Chaos Duck, despite its aflame status, manages to dodge the massed fire well, and simply dives below the airship once the poison gas launchers are fired and continues quacking menacingly and ramming the bottom of the airship.

Heaven's Acropolis, having agreed to a truce with Fluxxstone, turns about toward a southeasterly heading and examines many things. They examine the chickens, before throwing them into a greenhouse for future livestock. They examine the floating island below, occasionally spotting an animal or flock of birds but mostly only seeing the large flora from this distance. They examine the broken Stormbringer, and in preliminary findings determine the problem is missing components. They even attempt to examine the Enraged Chaos Duck from a distance before its clobbered by an Orbiting Fluxx and falls into Fluxxstone out of sight. In motion, 2 turns until next charge.

The Laputa stays put and puts out a call for diplomats as its inhabitants multitask, building a comfortable confinement zone for the chickens as others manipulate instruments to get a look at the nearby island and a few others debate whether its easier to replicate the arc blazer by examining its function or by disassembling it and making detailed blueprints.

This island does not appear to have any ruins on it, but one of the instruments picks up a large amount of titanium buried in it.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color Legend (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2014, 08:32:39 pm »

Well, this is too slow! I'll get some population to help pull it along!
(-2 pop, +2 speed)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2014, 09:11:42 pm »

Search the new things for anything interesting. And have half the chickens plucked and cooked.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2014, 09:23:19 pm »

((Posting to watch since this is silliness incarnate.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22