Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17430 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [11/??] - Night of the Evil Clouds
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2014, 09:10:53 pm »

That would be an incredibly amusing way to do it. Let the little blue chickens take control when the pilots are napping. :P

Obviously don't screw them over. That's just not fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2014, 03:24:18 am »

((Sorry; had exams for the past few days.))

Fleee East! Use Angel-Fire Cannons and Toxic Spitters to cover our retreat. If we get away safely, undergo repairs.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2014, 04:07:36 am »

Returning to the game to find that your people are slaves at the mercy of the fowl aristocracy that had engineered your castle into an exaggerated range of roosts and green fields and other chicken-friendly environs... It would seem not entirely inappropriate.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [10/?] - Night of Evil Clouds 2: Reckoning
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2014, 09:42:02 pm »

Turn 6

Event roll: 3
A comet has appeared. Castle Arrip, being heavily distracted by repairs and defensive fire, doesn't notice it yet.

Quote from: Laputa 1 news
The Laputa continues to hold position, not due to new commands in engineering, but because it has become under siege by the herd of navy chickens, who had become smarter in secret. They are demanding action, piloting controls, rule over the sky castle, or all of the above. Lesser demands include fancier roosts and more space to graze. An assortment of quickly and arbitrarily-polled Laputae have no idea as to the right response and Baron Andrews has not been heard from ever since the call for diplomats. The diplomats are also under siege by the chickens for sounding moderately important by the way, although its more of a containment than a siege now that its been explained they represent other sky castles, not the baron. Rumors about the baron's vanishment range from the rather dumb (picture of a online message suggesting 'Like, he fell asleep super duper really early after partying like, all night') to clearly over the top conspiracies (scene of a public space with a mad Laputae shouting 'The chickens assassinated him with the eggs! Avoid all poultry and egg-based products!') We'll continue to cover the siege as we hear of it, unless someone shows us more interesting news or Baron Andrews reappears, but for now, back to the weather...
The winds have continued to blow west, and it is still night.

Dr. Coggington continues to grow in architecture, this time with some flat areas probably useful for grazing. Or more steam-based machines and gears.

Castle Zipworld discovers that if you pick up and examine the warp crystal insides off the table from different angles, you get different results entirely. One of these results involves seeing yourself discover you seeing yourself seeing this from this particular angle, and another one hasn't had has involved a time paradox. Placing the crystal back on the table afterwards just goes back to seeing the expected inside of the crystal. Meanwhile, engineering decided to idle on purpose this time, and as a result holds the castle in place (relatively) despite the wind.

Krarkkus, after being fed a sizable amount of mined copper, surges forth on the armor department and gains 5 integrity.

The Devastator Airship, as usual, is not particularly happy with anyone nearby and shoots at them. The missiles and rockets fly off, but the flamethrowers do little, since if you're high enough to use cloud cover as a defense, you can't really reach the sea with flamethrowers at the same time, if we're even above the sea or not currently. They also manage to evade the nearby evil cloud by flying west to I17.

Heaven's Acropolis' messengers work overtime, needing to coordinate a number of significant actions at once. First of all, all the research equipment is tied down while the evac cars arrive. While most of that is completed, the rest is just stuffed into bags after the cars arrive early. Next, contact is reestablished with Drone A-1 near the edge of one of the purple clouds. Not drone squadron A-1, Drone A-1. It reports major structural damage and transmits an almost uselessly scrambled report on the event that transpired in the purple cloud due to damage and total loss of all other squad-drones, and requests emergency pickup ASAP before engine failure.
An examination after its retrieval reveals this was the drone furthest back in the formation, and only gained the designation of Drone A-1 by virtue of surviving long enough for its systems to recognize the squadron had been obliterated. Whatever was in the cloud attacked it with what looks like almost random smashing and slashing attacks, no attempt at targeting critical components or even other forms of attack outside of 'crush destroy smash tear', as one of the examiners so eloquently put it.
Meanwhile, Drone Squadron B, having missed the targeted missiles just barely due to overestimating their speedup time, turn around and ram the gas missiles, sending them northwest. However, the torpedoes ahead the gas missiles are missed by the squadron entirely as a result. Two of the three torpedoes are shot down by precision laser fire, the last one doing little damage. (4 integrity out of 24 castle battle integrity, to be precise. It was an aerial torpedo.) The auxillary capacitor is engaged to the engines for a moment, and the great flying fortress whooshes forwards, reaching further than usual even against a solid wind and ending up in G18.

Hive Cruiser Aeros Beta moves south to E13 and spots small objects headed towards it, gaining a point of growth in the process but starting to poke out from under the clouds.

Castle Arrip, in a state of almost-panic, quickly rushes the shield research and immediately begins transmuting metal into rope and maybe doing it more than needed. Rope structure #2 is repaired, Rope structure #3 is rebuilt, and a shield of 5 points is formulated from the rest of the metal reserves. Weaponry is fired in hopes of killing their nemesis and fending off the new, strange foe!

Fluxxstone is intent on a killing blow, and doesn't flee from the Eiral water magery. The Fluxx attacks!

The Hand of God, in a ruinous state (except for the Armoire of Invincible Gleam, while still has retained its perfect gleam despite being deluged in magical waters for a significant amount of time and not having avoided some broken shelves from impacts), fire off one more salvo of shot and then flee east as fast as possible, trying to outspeed the demonic bolts of water rushing towards them as Castle Arrip flees with the west wind, which also leads them closer to Fluxxstone. The Queen has a laugh at their choice of direction, remembering the little conversation that wisp of cthonic energy had with her earlier.

Fluxxstone is scoured but not severly injured by the broadside of water bolts, and continues to rip and tear at the rope fortress!

The Hand of God however, is not so successful. The toxic blast barely makes it through the hastily formed shielding before doing negligible damage, the main blaster of Castle Arrip strikes it squarely in the engine, penetrating the metal and biomass, impacting the engine core! The resulting explosion rips apart the Hand of God, flinging the Armoire of Invincible Gleam towards Castle Arrip (it collapses into a still perfectly gleaming wreck formerly known as armoire on impact with one of the rope walls), hurling Queen Kekerezzar towards Fluxxstone (while saved by the angels in time, they did not reach her in time to prevent a plethora of burn wounds from the explosion, along with a concussion from being hit in the head with a bust), and leaving the now un-engined hive to crumble down towards the surface...

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color Legend (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2014, 10:04:41 pm »

Well, head towards an island, and get that blacksmith to make something from my hunk of sparkly metals.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2014, 10:31:42 pm »

Begin moving in a generally rightward direction. Start setting up the Warp cannon. And load the remaining Crystals into it to supercharge it's randomized payload. When/if in ideal firing range, Fire the Warp cannon at the Devastator.

"We cannot very well let beings as polite as your self get wasted by whoever these ruffians are. Can we? And to answer your question. No, It only does that to our enemies..."

King Portsummon states over the old ham radio, as he looks out from his Plexiglass mosaic window at the Devastator airship.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:33:20 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2014, 10:58:48 pm »

Orders:

Recall drone squadron B.
Deploy drone squadrons C through F
Ready all artillery batteries.
Add a precision laser battery.
Total used: (13*4)+(11*4)+3 = 99
4 pop

Deploy repair drone squadron. Prepare to repair damaged systems.
Ensure integrity of ablative plating.
Activate point defense lasers.
Put remaining 2 population on evacuation craft and flee west.
Total: 8+9+6+6 = 29 (I really need to do something about this...)
-2 pop (temp)

"All crews fire at will."

Communications with Castle Zip world:
"We would very much appreciate any assistance you would be willing to provide. As a request, I would especially appreciate if you would assist the crew I am evacuating in the event my vessel does not survive this engagement."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:02:05 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2014, 11:04:14 pm »

"And vise-versa, If my castle and it's subjects should fall, obliterate the remains to the last brick. If so much a mote of dust from Zipworld remained, the warp would remain, uncontrolled. a blasphemy to the generations of lives dedicated to protecting realms from this anomaly."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2014, 11:12:24 pm »

"Understood."
I make Spellcrafts!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2014, 11:14:36 pm »

Hive Cruiser Aeros Beta
Us-now; destination-near
Small-unknowns-flying}go:near-us
Unknowns=threat, respond-deploy}hive-defenses
Affirm;[deploy}hive-defenses]
Affirm-add; [deploy}hive-defenses]+deploy}hive-squadrons
Affirm, request-discuss:sky-ship-not-ours}three-near
Sky-ship}three-near:fighting[two:one?]
Sky-ship-not-ours=unknowns-source, respond-attack}sky-ships
Deny; reason:many-sky-ship, reason:not-sure-unknowns-source
Suggest-act:attack}sky-ship?side-two
Deny; reason:battle-new, reason:need:contact-sky-ship?side-one
Suggest-act:contact}sky-ship?side-two?
Deny; reason:sky-ship-not-ours=maybe-unknowns-source, reason:not-trust-not-ours
Affirm;[contact}sky-ship?side-two?]
Affirm;[contact}sky-ship?side-two?]
Affirm-add;[contact}sky-ship?side-two?]+caution;readiness-attack-if-enemy
Affirm, suggest-act: recycle-weapons-excess, grow:land-burrow-pattern
...affirm;[recycle-weapons-excess, grow:land-burrow-pattern]
Affirm;[recycle-weapons-excess, grow:land-burrow-pattern]

Consensus!

Out of the sleek-hulled bio-ship, craft began to emerge, of various shapes and sizes; there were perhaps only four of the largest, but easily two dozen of the smallest and nimblest craft. Whether they were tiny ships or creatures was hard to tell, and it was made harder as the light around the ship began to warp, the glowing crystals studding the outside of the monstrous construction beginning to shimmer with energy as defensive measures initiated, and the stasis fields were tested, causing even the light coming through sections of space to freeze, dimming, blurring, and draining of color those sections for the short time they were held, before flaring with the withheld and captured light briefly when turned off. Small bulges of material blossomed out from pre-arranged sections, as other bulges faded back into the structure of the ship. Inside was a flurry of activity as the Hive hastily began melting down and capturing the materials from it's unneeded weapons, the newly made material from photosynthesis and waste-matter refinement being filtered down to the lower sections to allow the bio-breeders there to begin nurturing of the growths required for a safe landing.

And the Speaker was brought to the primary array of comm-crystals, as the radios on all three ships began to crackle with a new signal...

Request-discuss:communications?

Deploy all four Interceptor Squadrons, activate Stasis Projection Crystals & Mirage Crystals; Reactive-Adaptive Armor is always deployed anyway. Two Interceptor Squadrons investigate small objects that are flying at us and prepare to destroy
Deploy four Shard Point Defense Systems, both Boarding Squadrons, two Siege Squadrons, and three Assault Squadrons. Boarding Squadrons land on the island and begin clearing a landing zone, one Siege Squadron and one Assault Squadron provide aerial support for them, other Siege Squadron and two Assault Squadrons begin moving South-southeast slowly, keeping an eye on the airships.
Recycle the last two Shard Point Defense Systems (70 points; 7 Growth)
Recycle both Chrystallis Bomb Teleporters (60 points; 6 Growth)
Use 1 Growth to build Landing Gear.
Move south, prepare to land on the island.

Contact the Devastator Airship, Castle Zipworld, and Heaven's Acropolis

((I'm gonna be adding more fluff and description to the sheet, and probably reposting it several times with the new developments, as time goes on.))

((If I add a modifier to the Squadrons such that they lose Destructiveness as they take damage(since as each ship in the squadron dies...), will I be able to get a commensurate bonus for them?))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:40:00 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [9/??]
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2014, 02:55:18 am »

Devastator Airship

Unknown vessels are interfering with decontamination procedures. Presuming infected. Proceeding with decontamination.
Orders acknowledged. Engaging Incinerators. Preparing Pacification gas launchers. Torpedoes ready for launch.
Move South:

Fire everything

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2014, 11:42:54 am »

How come your ClF3 torpedo has 20 Destructiveness but only 5 Massiveness, Ebbor?

And for that matter, how come your flamethrowers have 4 massiveness but 6 Destructiveness? Neither of those are 3/4 of the destructiveness...

I wouldn't normally care, but you munchkinized your ship. And it's made to fight biological targets, to boot. So...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2014, 11:57:53 am »

How come your ClF3 torpedo has 20 Destructiveness but only 5 Massiveness, Ebbor?
Compensated for by the fact that they can have a dramatic internal ammo explosion.

And for that matter, how come your flamethrowers have 4 massiveness but 6 Destructiveness? Neither of those are 3/4 of the destructiveness...
I can not into math apparently

I wouldn't normally care, but you munchkinized your ship. And it's made to fight biological targets, to boot. So...

This variant  was made as an example of why limiting weaponry  based on massivenes alone was a bad thing. Besides, your ship isn't bad either.

Build in system to avoid the only limit the game has on weaponry use + fully customizable and automatically increasing stats and weaponry. In addition, starting with double redundant weaponry and armor. (Which combined with the growth system makes it practically undefeatable).

On a side note:

Devastator affirming contact. Enforcing Quarantaine. Infection?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:11:31 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2014, 12:44:10 pm »

Actually I don't think my Squadrons are allowed to work that way, unfortunately.

The redundant weapons were because I figured I'd lose stuff fairly quickly.

As for the Growth, aye, it's supposed to get bigger over time, but it does take a while to use...

The Speaker processes the words given him, relaying them to the rest of the Hive before responding. It understood the general meaning of them -the built-in translation function of the comm-crystals helped with that- but it also knew they had specific connotations that the Hive needed to understand. A disease could easily spell disaster for the Hive if it was not contained and neutralized.
Infection?=unknown, request-infection?-describe
Hive-systems}healthy
Request-quarantine?-describe
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2014, 01:48:34 pm »

((Fun while it lasted; probably should have thought through my stat options.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22