Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17436 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [11/??] - Night of the Evil Clouds
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2014, 08:29:28 pm »

"An inventory of what you have available would be appreciated. I can offer one of our repair drones, intact, as trade if a trade is preferable, such as for information regarding what you call 'the warp' and 'warp crystals.'"

"Am I to understand that you have no vested interest in holding territory on Alzeran?"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

"We ended up here by mistake in the first place, due to the will of the warp. The warp is the magical field surrounding our castle, it connects to alternate realities streaking as far as the end of creation. spawning things that only the generations of people raised in Zipworld could deal with. Warp crystals are commonly formed as one of the occasional objects, wither on their own, or embedded in the things we find. When broken, they create a miniature warp, and summon yet another random object, or effect nearby. Outside of the Castle's Warp field though, there is no telling what a warp crystal could do."

"Currently, our main inventory is a flock of blue chickens, an eldrich cube, a large crayon, and a device that seems to produce cookies in clear defiance of conservation of mass. to name the interesting things of the week.  I must say, the drone could certainly come in handy among our tinkerers, if It is fine of us to non-destructively figure out what makes it tick so to speak, we are a curious sort after all."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2014, 09:47:48 pm »

"We would be interested in the cookie, uh, generator, if you wouldn't mind. We can of course provide one of our drones and operating and production instructions permanently as trade; I'll ask the engineers to prep one from the assembly line."

"Would you be willing to house one of our physicists to discuss and study the warp? I have a volunteer here, Kendra, who is interested. She could also answer some questions about the drone if any come up. We would provide her equipment."
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2014, 09:56:41 pm »

"Ahh, it is a shame if we were to part with the morale boosting power of, well, unlimited cookies, but we have parted with more fantastic treasures, so I accept such a trade."

"We would more than welcome her, but do inform her that as I mentioned, we have been adapting to the warp's peculiar effects for generations, she may return a different species, gender, or not at all if the warp has a particularly nasty spike. It is unlikely of course, but the risk is there. the only real guarantee is that she will not die from any of it's effects, The warp as far as our age old records show, has never directly caused a sapient being to die, no matter the 'pranks' it pulls. Having an intelligent mind to work with the tinkerers on our remaining warp crystals would be a boon indeed if she accepts."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2014, 10:22:09 pm »

"I've discussed it with her, and she is willing to comply, but has one extra question; whether or not incidents resulting in transformation into different species result in loss of sapience, and the frequency of disappearances."

"I can send a shuttle over as soon as you give the go ahead."
I make Spellcrafts!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »

...Discussion!

Surround-us:what?
Cloud-sky-some, sky-ship-not-ours-many}far-most
Land-sky}near-one, sky-ship}near-few
This-way:land-sky}small-far, sky-ship}one-far
That-way:land-sky}big-near, sky-ship}two-near
Go:which-way?
That-way!
That-way!
That-way...

Consensus!

Move south

((Akylon, I think I worked out a bit better/more clearly how I intended Growth to work; it's a stat that can be used to grow new weapons or defenses, repair things, build specialized stuff that isn't a weapon/defense, or boost castle stats(other than Growth, obviously). It's gained at a passive rate of 1 per turn, and takes a turn to use(it doesn't use up deployment stuff or anything, it's just that whatever I want it to get done with isn't finished until the start of next turn). Existing castle stats and weapons/defenses/etc. can be recycled to produce growth, without loss, at the following exchange rate: 1 Growth point per castle stat point, 1 growth point per 10 weapon or defense points. Recyclying happens at the beginning of the turn, so the item recycled is still lost but the growth points are not available until next turn(thus keeping a reserve can be handy). Repairs cost 1 growth to restore twice it's worth in integrity(which, for weapons/defenses, means 8 integrity points restored, rather than 20, and means 2 non-combat(4 combat) integrity points for the castle) and take a turn just like production does.).

That sound fair/balanced/reasonable to you? Some stuff could give more Growth, and some stuff could cost more, or produce more passively, etc., or drop my reserves, etc.))

((Additionally, is Adaptive Armor Plating still okay? I realized it's 50 points, not 40. I could change it, if you wanted....))
((I had sorta come up with a system for balancing massiveness and whatnot, but I've already taken long enough with this post...))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2014, 02:37:40 am »

(Sounds quite strong to me, actually)

Devastator airship

Head West
Fire primary flamethrowers at the sea to create a protective cloud of steam
Fire all Torpedoes West
Deploy poison cloud from G16 to G19
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:54:37 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2014, 03:18:05 am »

Watch and wait.

Edit: Look for a metalsmith in my population too if I can.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:52:54 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2014, 08:08:28 am »

"Mine the copper. Krakkus can use it for haemocyanin to produce more blood."
"He seems to be reacting to the combat. More blood is pumping from the Deep Organs."
"Supply him with what is needed."

C4
Mine the copper.
Krakkus uses Blood to reinforce his armour plates.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »

> Commander of drone squadron B reports sighting of incoming projectiles
    Origin: aggressive airship to the east.

Orders:

- Recall research team from island. Ignore the equipment, recover the personnel.

- Attempt to intercept missiles using Drone Squadron B or precision laser weapons systems. Hope to god one of them works.

- Move eastwards to engage hostile craft, put 1 capacitor charge into engine systems.*

Captain Tholin to King Portsummon:

"-hold on, there is another craft, location L17, that has just fired in our direction, what looks like missiles. I'm going to engage them. I apologize, but our negotiations will have to wait."

*(1d4 bonus to propulsion for 1 turn.)

using for pre-engagement manuevers:
1 capacitor charge (to propulsion systems.)
1 drone squadron (B, near devastator airship, intercept gas launcher's projectiles)
1 precision laser system (intercept gas launcher's projectiles, if drones fail)
- evacuation cars (retrieve personnel from research camp)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:38:46 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2014, 04:51:30 pm »

Idle this turn, Continue tinkering with remaining Warp crystal.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2014, 07:18:14 pm »

((Akylon, I think I worked out a bit better/more clearly how I intended Growth to work; it's a stat that can be used to grow new weapons or defenses, repair things, build specialized stuff that isn't a weapon/defense, or boost castle stats(other than Growth, obviously). It's gained at a passive rate of 1 per turn, and takes a turn to use(it doesn't use up deployment stuff or anything, it's just that whatever I want it to get done with isn't finished until the start of next turn). Existing castle stats and weapons/defenses/etc. can be recycled to produce growth, without loss, at the following exchange rate: 1 Growth point per castle stat point, 1 growth point per 10 weapon or defense points. Recyclying happens at the beginning of the turn, so the item recycled is still lost but the growth points are not available until next turn(thus keeping a reserve can be handy). Repairs cost 1 growth to restore twice it's worth in integrity(which, for weapons/defenses, means 8 integrity points restored, rather than 20, and means 2 non-combat(4 combat) integrity points for the castle) and take a turn just like production does.).

That sound fair/balanced/reasonable to you? Some stuff could give more Growth, and some stuff could cost more, or produce more passively, etc., or drop my reserves, etc.))
So, you can use the previous turn's Growth to adjust things, but not the growth from the turn you are on? It sounds ok, and similar to some other Powers but with more detail.

((Additionally, is Adaptive Armor Plating still okay? I realized it's 50 points, not 40. I could change it, if you wanted....))
((I had sorta come up with a system for balancing massiveness and whatnot, but I've already taken long enough with this post...))
I'd thought I'd checked all of them, but if it is over then yes, change it please. Also, adding onto what seems like an already long post is one of the good uses of spoiler tags! :)

Also Kaladin, any particular reason why you wouldn't have a metalsmith? Because otherwise I'm going to go with probably yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »

((When I said I'd taken too long I meant I had other things that were demanding my attention and couldn't go into detail with it like I wanted to))

((It's basically along the lines of Massiveness being needed based on highest state and/or aggregate of stats, Specialization getting a more concrete place, and speed being defined a little better(as well as Destructiveness being somewhat less likely to flop on you and do minimal damage). An additional piece would be that as a percentage of total stats(and thus the wasted space of a weapon), Massiveness would go up as the total stats went up, so you could choose between lots of fairly efficient, but less effective weapons, or a very few low efficiency, exceedingly high effectiveness weapons.))

((Also, as you can tell, my stuff isn't really meant to be all that optimized, and in a lot of cases I try to trade off the increased massiveness/not having used all points I could have in exchange for special abilities or just, I don't know, GM pity/approval of plot-over-mechanics?))

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2014, 02:33:37 pm »

So its been a couple days, and while I'd consider this plenty of people having posted to make the turn, micelus hasn't, the holder of the heavily-damaged Hand of God.

So! If you don't have a post today (or at the latest noon tomorrow est) micelus, I'm going to assume the Hand of God has given up and will (unless you're exceptionally lucky and dodge all attacks aimed at you) be destroyed in combat.

On a less urgent note, is ansontan still here? Because this'll be the third or so turn of inaction from the Laputa.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:35:58 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »

I seem to recall the existence of a thread to request responses from the community to dictate the actions of absent players. It had some degree of insanity, but that was part of the charm...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22