Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17422 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [10/??] - Fighting in the skies
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2014, 04:14:04 am »

Get in Close Range and try to circle the enemy castle. Fire Angel-Fire Cannons in their general direction. At the same time, unleash a Siege Swarm with orders to attack the Water Cannon Alpha. Toxic Spitters are to continue secreting their load. Divine Shields and Ritual of Fertility are to be activated.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2014, 09:44:30 am »

There is war.
We are not threatened yet.
We will be. This is one-king sky.
We should prepare.

Krakkus produces explosive drones from the assimilated birds - one use, but highly powerful.
Explore the ruins - and island - further.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »

This seems cool. I can try it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [10/??] - Explosions!
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2014, 03:36:22 pm »

Go ahead and do so if you want, Rolepgeek. Things haven't gotten too complicated yet.

Turn 4

Event roll: 6
Dr. Cogginton, Fluxxstone, and the Devastator Airship each get a Boxed Rain. If you open the box, it will rain the first word it hears after being opened on anything below it for 2 turns. The box will vanish as soon as it ends and is invincible until opened. There is a thruster on the bottom, and when thrown in the air the box will hover.

The Laputa just sits there, doing not much in particular. They do notice the sun is setting however, and that the wind is unchanged.

Castle Zipworld, being the sort of place that likes to eat, begins breeding the chickens after herding them into another room. But they also like Science, and add the paradox-sided thing into the room as well as the grapefruit-sized orange. Now there is simply some time needed to see the result of their Sciencing.

The golf-club sized crayon is found, after it accidentally gets broken in half like crayons eventually do, to have 4 Warp Crystals buried in it. After they're extracted and the crayon is melted a bit to be put back together, its now the size of a tall cup. The golf club is found entirely mundane and boring however, and is added to the pile of normal things the castle has as the Castle continues to be buffeted northeastwards by the wind, now being in C1.

Heaven's Acropolis gets its first reports in as the drone orders are sent off, although the north-heading ones alter course to follow the Fluxxstone after it bursts forward in an unexpected sonic boom of speed northeast. The plants are significantly different from terran standard to the point of being their own classification, although not incompatible if some modification was made to acclimatize the plants in storage to the altitude and unusual soil. Mineral reports range from useless ('There are some rocks here, not much else') to interesting, as there appears to be deposits of iron, copper, glowrock, and crystallized aether scattered throughout the island. The animals, at least the few that have been spotted so far, continue to be difficult. The east drone squadron reports confirmation of hostile long-range action northwards, while the north(east) drone squadron has trouble reaching the action, but can confirm that there are sky castles in motion to the northeast and dangerous projectiles.

Dr. Coggington shoots off a steam-powered salute to the fallen poultry before beginning to analyze the ruins in detail. Unfortunately, if there were any clues here, they are at best, vague partial words on an inside wall. 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-' is the longest and most legible, but also the most useless of the glyphs, after much time is spent attempting to cobble together a translation. The architecture was impressive however: Outside of being worn down to current levels, it looks like the building never quite fell over, as it originally took up the entire length and breadth of the island somehow. +1 steam

Kolima continues to flee the fighting in the windward direction, noticing the large mechanical sky castle of sorts that is slowly becoming a problem due to its location and Kolima's negligible maneuvering speed without wind. Like the Laputae, they also notice the setting sun.

Krarkkus, having finished roaring, produces explosive drones from the birds, using some blood from the Deep Organs. Exploring the ruins reveals an excess of symmetrically shaped objects among the buildings, while exploring the island reveals a bit of copper. Also, a lot of grass, and some small shrubberies.

Fluxxstone charges towards the fight with a massive disruption in nearby space as Raw Fluxx is poured into the engines of Fluxxstone! It then fires an assortment of attacks towards the fight, but misses. -5 Raw Fluxx, +3 Raw Fluxx, new total 3.

The Devastator Airship rearms its torpedoes, notes the small scout drone squadron, and fires northwards again! However, the combination of Fluxxwarp and everyone booking it end up with the torpedoes impacting the Orbiting Fluxx of Fluxxstone instead and exploding several of them!
Spoiler: Damage! (click to show/hide)

Castle Arrip flees/fights in the windward direction, gaining a significant amount of distance from a combination of castle propulsion and matching wind direction as a new arrow type is successfully tested, although at the cost of significant metal: 5 pounds of metal shaped into a oval shape with breakpoints engraved in strategic places. While it does catch fire upon being launched, it does not disintegrate before it hits the target. Instead it fractures along the engravings into a mass of burning shrapnel on par with a flak cannon, but the collateral damage from the successful test both kills a yet-uncounted number of Eiral civilians and doesn't reach the Hand of God due to the wind direction. Regardless of the trouble, all weapons and defenses are kept at active status and attacking the heathen avian eaters. -1 population, +20 metal

The Hand of God on the otherhand, is trying to be strategic as the Queen orders trying to circle around their foe instead of ramming, but also directing a Siege Swarm to attempt an attack on the water cannon that deluged her Hallowed Choir! The Ritual of Fertility arises as the Hallowed Choir takes a break to find all their fellow singers. +2 Pop from BMs

The Eiral manning the normal water cannons are infuriated they got hit first, and fire the cannon-spells with more vigor than strictly necessary. The resulting broadside of water bolts pounds on the Divine Shielding one after another until one penetrates, and the ones after manage to hit the hive's integrity, smashing metal and spraying biomass and water about, wrecking numerous busts and paintings of Queen Kekerezzar and knocking over several of the religious statues!

In the aftermath of that, the fact that the Alpha cannon did next to no damage wasn't really noticed.

Edit: Herpderp, forgot the map.
Spoiler: Late Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color Legend (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:18:11 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2014, 04:05:55 pm »

Another burst of speed, trying to get above Castle Arrip. If I do get above, then have a slave open the Boxed Rain over Castle Arrip, and say "Acid". Fire all weapons at the Castle Arrip. Send a message to the Devastator Airship.

"Missiles, which I've determined came from your ship, have recently struck me. I do not take kindly to ordinance buried in my flesh. Given the Fluxx present in the environment at the time of firing, I'll assume for you sake that this was a mere accident, due to you not being used to firing in folded space. HOWEVER. Should another warhead from find its way into my skin again, there will be spilt blood. And, for reference, I don't have blood."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2014, 05:10:06 pm »

Send 2 warp crystals to the tinkerers, see if they find out anything neat. Study those 2 to the point of destruction/dissection if necessary. Save the boxed rain.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:27:01 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »

Orders:
Send eastern drone squadron to investigate that freaky green cloud of gas' composition and determine its origins. North drone squadron to maintain visual contact of the fluxxstone and other castles it interacts with.

Construct base camp on island for research team. Afterwards, release anchors and drift.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:37:40 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2014, 07:54:19 pm »

Try to fly over to that island with my amazing crew of butterflies.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2014, 07:56:23 pm »

Name: Hive Cruiser Aeros Beta
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weapons:

Defenses:

Edits: Did I do it right this time?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:13:37 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2014, 12:12:14 am »

Dr. Coggington Shall attempt to incorporate the magnificent architecture into itself. But shall do so slowly so as to examine new pieces as they are uncovered. And send some of the inscriptions to the chickens and see how they react...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2014, 12:43:51 am »

(The Ritual of Fertility refers to the damage taken by me, btw)

Get in Close Range and try to circle the enemy castle. Fire Angel-Fire Cannons in their general direction. At the same time, unleash a Siege Swarm and both Skirmisher Swarms with orders to attack the Water Cannons. Use a Shard Priest Conclave Toxic Spitters are to continue secreting their load. Ritual of Fertility are to be activated.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:04:19 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2014, 11:14:20 am »

(The Ritual of Fertility refers to the damage taken by me, btw)

Get in Close Range and try to circle the enemy castle. Fire Angel-Fire Cannons in their general direction. At the same time, unleash a Siege Swarm and both Skirmisher Swarms with orders to attack the Water Cannons. Toxic Spitters are to continue secreting their load. Divine Shields and Ritual of Fertility are to be activated.

The shields are already broken, unless the ritual also repairs broken defenses. You've got 12 castle integrity left in combat (since castle integrity is doubled for combat damage and you've already taken 4), 3 integrity in the Hallowed Choir, and 3 in the Ritual. And a +7 to pop from the ritual (6.5, rounded).

@Rolepgeek So, the weapons and defense are all actually a fraction of that strength that adds up? That makes...incredibly weak things that you have very few of. The Assault squadrons each have a destructiveness of 1.2, which isn't even a dX, its just constant scratch damage if it hits at all. The Siege Squadrons are weaker individually than the water cannons, you have less of them, and they aren't even able to pull of a crit at total power. The total massiveness they're using for this swarm of scratch damage is only a fifth of the max, to top it off. You sure you want to go with that?
Also, Growth looks like a placeholder and I'm going to assume its not there unless you've got something to specify with it, and you've only used 28 of 30 castle stat points.

Otherwise, it looks fine.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:16:07 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2014, 06:55:24 pm »

No, they were supposed to be treated as one weapon, it's just that as I build additional squadrons they'll get boosted somewhat proportionally, and might be able to get split into multiple weapons of lowered destructiveness and massiveness later on by splitting squadrons into groups.

But I can change that if you want...

Growth was sorta meant to be dependent on having growth material available(partially; water and generic plant growth also works, though slowly), which can include recycling parts of the castle, and I wasn't sure how many points to give it.

Edit: actually, I think I will change it a bit. It doesn't make all that much sense as it is now and it doesn't give the possibility of squadrons doing different things, which is the point, so...

SECONDEDIT: That look better, Akylon?

Do you want me to describe what they each specialize in?

THIRDEDIT: OH WAIT

Did I completely misinterpret everything?

Is Massiveness the only stat that serves as a limit on starting points for weapons deployed and shit?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:16:59 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »

((Woops; just copied and pasted my last action without thinking. Editing.))
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

Is Massiveness the only stat that serves as a limit on starting points for weapons deployed and shit?
Yep. I think everyone here made that mistake at some point :P
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22