Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16277 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2014, 06:35:49 pm »

The proposer may make the decision to suggest heterodoxy or orthodoxy - so be sure to say which you favour in the proposal.  Heterodoxy will sate the heretics and piss off Suul, orthodoxy will heighten tensions with the heretics but keep Suul propitiated.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2014, 07:04:22 pm »

"I believe we can arrange that then. I send a Skillful Clericto your proposal then."
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »

Pangaea finishes a document she has been working intently on.
"I have produced a summary of our known resources and the current crises. Here's the declared resources of each councilor."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Here's our total known resources."

"And here's a tabular summary of the crises."

"I hope this will be useful. As you can see, we still haven't been told about Kyle's and Cinad's contacts. In fact, I'm not sure Cinad is even around to tell us anything. Has anyone seen him lately?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2014, 09:01:48 pm »

Cinad walks back into the Council room, holding what seems to be a plate full of foreign pastries.

"Just been out to see some bakers in the Foreign Quarter of ol' Sheepstead. Did I miss anything of import?"

Looking at the reports on the table, Cinad concluded the obvious.

"I be seeing that we've made a mistake. Ought ta rectify that, eh? This heresy business has gone off for too long." Cinad grimaced. "Now, I don't like admitting defeat, none of us do, but this heterodoxy has taken root and grown. We've not the resources to oppose it and Suul is unlikely to be sendin' aid to rid us of it. I think we should be perhaps thinkin' of tolerating these 'heretics'. Perhaps we could...make some changes to our official stand? I be proposing that we at least think about it. Indeed, a Wrathful Priest (2 Piety, 1 Might) has already approached me about his beliefs. He is very...convincing."

"As for our other problems...The Poisonings and this Exodus could be solved by well...helping them along. I will be frank; if we can be siding with the heterodoxy people, we could shunt off any influences from Suul. Those Orthodox men in our proud Library could be...silenced and we'd not have to listen to the old bishop in Suul any longer. My king, you could make your own theological decisions...or leave it to your trusted advisors, of course. If we'd tolerate the heretics, I'm sure, those agents would be happy to come back. I'd offer agents for these but until we be getting a vote on our official stance on this theology dispute, I'd rather not waste a man."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2014, 11:01:09 pm »

"I notice a distinct lack of Chancellor Cinad declaring his assets. I also notice that Cinad has admitted to supporting the Mounish heresy. I further notice that this heretic is in charge of our foreign ministry and wants us to convert to the heretic faith of the national enemies currently trying to subvert our spy network." Mehlenna looks around the room with an unamused expression. "Need I say more?"

"I am willing to back any proposal supporting the Orthodoxy with both ministries (Piety 2, Knowledge 1) I control and the Pious Elder (Knowledge 2, Piety 1). Given the entirely baseless, but none the less prevalent concerns regarding my own political ambitions, I won't be making the proposal myself. But I do strongly urge that whoever does make the proposal ask the King to remove this clearly treasonous heretic from office."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2014, 11:27:16 pm »

"Oh very well my dear Mehlenna. I've a Wrathful Priest (2 Piety, 1 Might), Devour Swindler (2 Guile, 1 Piety), and an Erudite Noble (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette). Oh and aye; I won't be denying it that the heresy is a wee' bit amniable. But tis' not a thing of the heart but of the mind; we lack the resources to be of fighting them off. Suul won't be sending us aid to fight the heretics off and expects us to be doin' it all by our lonesome. I say we could do better by appeasing them for now. Perhaps in time, we can subvert their cause and make em' loyal to our dear king. Besides, I'm sure there are quite a few throughout the Coast more than a little miffed with Suul's doctrines. But if you lot be wanting to remain influenced by that old man of Suul, then I won't be arguing against it. Our dear king has appointed you all for a reason. "
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2014, 02:58:30 am »

"But if you lot be wanting to remain influenced by that old man of Suul, then I won't be arguing against it. Our dear king has appointed you all for a reason. "
"It less remaining remaining loyal and more we won't survive if they were to attack. I don't think they would, but I wouldn't risk it at this time."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2014, 06:49:22 am »

"Harriet! I think that noble could be of use. Could you please send him over? I think it is best for the kingdom if we do this.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2014, 08:07:59 am »

"Harriet! I think that noble could be of use. Could you please send him over? I think it is best for the kingdom if we do this.
"Didn't I say that I would? I will send Lord Carl (The Corrupt Noble 2 Guile, 1 Etiquette) over.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2014, 10:48:36 am »

"I'll contribute my Stylish Banker (2 Gold, 1 Etiquette) to the cause of dealing with the mad fanatic."

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »

"I have updated the summary. Here is the state of things at present."

Resources per councilor

Total known resources

Summary of crises

Current proposals
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:34:01 pm by Mopsy »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2014, 06:53:21 pm »

The king's chamberlain wanders over and gives you a massive hug, then returns to his paperwork.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2014, 07:09:23 pm »

"Thank you, Sir Chamberlain. It's nice to meet another friend of rational organization."

Pangaea straightens her face, puts her summary aside and surveys the chamber.
"I support anyone who is ready to let highly controversial, non-emergency issues rest until the kingdom is no longer coming apart at the seams.

Like I said, the Poisonings are awful and I'd like to deal with them immediately. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, we won't be able to muster enough resources for a reliable solution right now. It might still be worth trying, but I'm not sure enough to recommend it. You can check my analysis yourselves, if you want to.

Sorting out lesser problems first is the other option. There's not much I can do about the Agent Exodus that I haven't already done, but the Holy Expert (2 Gold, 1 Piety) can work miracles with money, making Dangerous Fanatics disappear into thin air. I'll write this into the summary right away."

Candidate proposal for the Poisonings

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2014, 08:26:06 pm »

Kyle walks in looking triumphant.
"I have found my list! I don't know why the cook had it but that's neither here nor there. So, I have favors with The Effortless Cleric, Archibald IV (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette) The Learned Knight, Greg the Learned (2 Knowledge, 1 Might) and The Erudite Noble, Steven the Pleasant. (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette)

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »

Pangaea pinches herself, then updates her summary, then goes to bed.
"Welcome aboard, Sir Johnson. Goodnight, everyone. More good works tomorrow."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16