Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16299 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2014, 05:00:30 pm »

Harriet shrugs "I lack anyone who can truly help in the sickness. Or any of the current issues."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:50 pm »

Harriet shrugs "I lack anyone who can truly help in the sickness. Or any of the current issues."

"Lord Dunk could probably offer some additional Gold to lure back our runaway spies. I'm sure Cinad would appreciate that. Wouldn't you, CInad?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2014, 06:33:32 pm »

Shaking his head, Cinad looked glum at Pangaea's question. "Unfortunately, I lack the connections to be helping with this disease...of course aid with the spies is always welcomed."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »

Given the lack of support, I withdraw my proposal. We cannot move forward with the cure without first finding someone diplomatic enough to administer it.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2014, 10:17:25 pm »

Given the lack of support, I withdraw my proposal. We cannot move forward with the cure without first finding someone diplomatic enough to administer it.

Pangaea's fingers trace the embroidery on her dress.
"Well, in theory there are the scholar Chthonophilos from me, the Bishop of Zema from you and the erudite noble that Kyle had in mind. Yet even with all three of them involved, success would be far from certain. A month ago I thought that waiting for the right opportunity was a wonderful idea. I don't any more. Still, assuming that there are no undeclared assets, waiting might once again be our best option, rationally speaking."
OOC: The contributions of those three contacts plus the Royal Library amount to 6 Knowledge and 2 Etiquette. Might be enough Knowledge, probably not enough Etiquette.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2014, 02:33:55 am »

"Due to reasons, like lack of support, I will pull my proposal for now.

That said, Lord Dunk(2 Piety, 1 Gold) shall assist with the spies.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2014, 02:37:29 pm »

Pangaea returns to the council chamber after a few hours at home.
"Greetings. The contacts that I engaged to work on our current proposals have been discussing their respective tasks. It turns out that they both believe they'd do better in the other's mission. If no-one here objects, I'll let them trade places, meaning that 'Slippy' the reformed Handy Burglar (2 Guile, 1 Gold) will support the effort against the Exodus of Spies, while my Renaissance Spy (2 Guile, 1 Knowledge) takes charge of the rowdy Weylander Emissaries.

Beyond that, I have no new information or suggestions for the council. I'm ready to take our proposals to the King. What do you think?"

OOC: No further actions.

Edit: Typos.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:43:59 pm by Mopsy »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2014, 03:35:43 pm »

OCC: No further actions

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2014, 04:22:02 pm »

OOC: No further actions.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2014, 04:25:27 pm »

OOC: No further actions
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2014, 08:48:11 pm »

OOC:no further actions.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2014, 11:00:02 am »

Quote from: Proposals Submitted
Cinad proposes a solution to the Spy Crisis, employing Sparrow, a Pious Thief (2 Guile, 1 Piety) under his command.
  Mehlenna Blusterant offers the support of a Weaponsmith (2 Gold, 1 Might).
  Wolfgang supplies the aid of a Scribe (2 Gold, 1 Knowledge).
  Pangaea Homologue supplies the aid of a Handy Burglar (2 Guile, 1 Gold).
  Harriet Bradley supplies the aid of Lord Dunk (2 Gold, 1 Piety).
Total Resources: 7 Gold, 4 Guile

Pangaea Homologue proposes a solution to the Weylander Emissary crisis, supplying the aid of a reformed Spy (2 Guile, 1 Knowledge) to assist.
  Mehlenna Blusterant supplies the aid of a Moneylender (Gold 2, Guile 1) to assist.
  Cinad supplies a Scribe (Gold 2, Knowledge 1) to assist.
Total Resources: 4 Gold, 3 Guile

Spy Crisis
Sparrow, one of the loyalist spies, heads out with his friend, a Handy Burglar, in search of the lost spies.  Together, the pair of them are able to track down the majority of the old spy ring, but the former spies are less than inclined to return.  Sparrow and his ally do not do this alone, however.  With the aid of the many treasures of Lord Dunk they provide plentiful bribes to those brought back by money.  For those who desired better tools to work with, the Weaponsmith provided the pair chests of high quality equipment.  And for those who fled the country because crimes of the past might catch them without the king's protection, a Scribe had provided copy after copy of pardons for those 'loyal' to the king.

By the time September arrives, Sparrow has returned to Sheepstead with a full list detailing the location, occupation and identities of all the spies of the realm.

Required Resources: 7 Gold, 4 Guile
With the success of this Crisis, the Ministry of the Interior grows stronger.

Weylander Emissaries
One of Sparrow's old companions met the heavily drinking Weylanders, propped up by the support of a local Moneylender willing to lend the emissaries substantial quantities of money for drinking and whoring while the Spy showed them the best places to go for female entertainment without trouble from the local watch.  Throw in several forged letters of credit from a Scribe and the emissaries returned to Weyland with a glowing commendation of their time here.

As a gift of gratitude, Jarl McKinley sent back an iron circle wreathed in olive leaves, a classic sign of peace and companionship.

Required Resources: 2 Gold, 3 Guile
With the success of this Crisis, the Foreign Ministry grows stronger.

Crisis Worsens: The Vasiri Ambassador

The Vasiri Ambassador is dead!  The sleeping sickness has claimed him, and news of his death has reached Vasir.  The Duke of Vasir is blaming Elbreth for his death and relations between our states have soured considerably.

The Vasiri Ambassador Crisis has auto-failed.  The Foreign Ministry is weakened.

September

September arrives and while the country has suffered troubles, overall things are on the rise.  News of heresy filters into the ears of the court, aided by the renewed spy network of the Crown.  The country is stable, barring the remaining victims of the sleeping sickness, and no crises threaten to destabilise it immediately.

The king is enthusiastic about this time of relative security and wishes to bestow favours upon Cinad and Pangaea, whom he holds responsible for the kingdom's recent successes.

Spoiler: Crises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Government (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2014, 11:41:10 am »

Kyle look perturbed.
"I had heard that the sleeping sickness was bad but... all these deaths by it..."

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2014, 04:05:36 pm »

"Your Majesty, it seems that there are plots against our kingdom, brewing beneath the surface of society. We must cast light on these dealings. If Your Majesty so pleases, I will lead the Ministry of the Interior in their efforts to uncover the truth."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2014, 04:42:10 pm »

"The Blusterants have always been a family of devout Suulians. This heresy is simply shocking! I propose to have the Mounite heretics rooted out, flogged, and then offered a monetary reward for the names of their fellow heretics. After the flogging, of course. To this end I will supply my Moneylender (Gold 2, Guile 1) to supply funds, both for the bribes and to purchase new, extra spiky flogging equipment."

"I am also willing to devote the Bishop (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette), an Erudite Noble (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette) and of course the resources of the Royal Library to any similarly pious cause."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16