Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16284 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25:12 pm »

I still don't get why you'd support anyone proposal unless you got a promise for help in return.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2014, 03:39:14 pm »

OOC:  A note to Cinad.  Remember that you can only supply one Resource to a single Proposal (discounting Ministries).  So you can't stack all of your cards on the same problem.

((Oh right; edited.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2014, 06:05:31 pm »

I still don't get why you'd support anyone proposal unless you got a promise for help in return.

Because some of the win conditions are sneaky.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

"It seems that I am owed a favour from a Moneylender (2 Gold, 1 Guile). No doubt he would be of benefit to the Weylanders and their... celebrations."

((Sheb: Some players have legitimate reasons to want various ministries to do well. For example, my win condition requires that certain ministries remain strong all the way until the end of the game. As a result, I have a reason to make sure crises effecting those ministries are resolved quickly. Presumably, other people are tasked with destroying ministries...))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:00:59 pm by Grek »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 06:24:05 pm »

Thinking to himself for a time, Cinad volunteered his Scribe (2 Gold, 1 Knowledge) Lenzo for Pangaea's proposal.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 06:34:51 pm »

"May I suggest a solution to the Spies problem. My Scribeand my Noble Merchant. I hope someone else can provide some guile for this task. More gold wouldn't be bad though."
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 06:40:43 pm »

OOC:  Lukinator, you can only supply one resource to one proposal.  You can split your resources amongst several (one to each), but you can only put one man on each proposal.  We'll explain this away as multiple would get in each other's way, but it's pretty much a mechanics limitation to keep the game balanced.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2014, 06:48:11 pm »

OOC:keep the Mercahnt
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2014, 12:54:49 am »

((I think that I have no further moves for the turn.))

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2014, 06:15:03 am »

Pangaea's eyes widen slightly as Mehlenna and Cinad make their announcements.
"I am grateful for your support, Cinad and - if I understand you correctly - Mehlenna. The services of my not-a-Spy (2 Guile, 1 Knowledge) are still available to those who need them. He could be useful for dealing with either the Spy Crisis or the Missing Diplomats, but he can't do both jobs at once."

OOC: Please post the resource value of your cards along with their names. It's easier to assess the situation that way.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2014, 06:54:10 am »

"May we have hi in our spy crisis? Guile is just what we need."

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:59 am »

"Excuse me, Wolfgang, but are you supporting Cinad's proposal or making your own?"

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2014, 03:50:25 pm »

"Excuse me, Wolfgang, but are you supporting Cinad's proposal or making your own?"
"Adding to Cinad's."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2014, 04:27:42 pm »

"As present, then...

Cinad propose a solution to the Spy Crisis, employing Sparrow, a Pious Thief (2 Guile, 1 Piety) under his command.
  Mehlenna Blusterant offers the support of a Weaponsmith (2 Gold, 1 Might).
  Wolfgang supplies the aid of a Scribe (2 Gold, 1 Knowledge).

Harriet Bradley proposes a solution to the Missing Diplomat crisis, offering an Assassin (2 Guile, 1 Might) to assist.

Mehlenna Blusterant proposes a solution to the problem of the Vasiri Ambassador's Sickness, employing the Royal Library (3 Knowledge) to assist.

Pangaea Homologue proposes a solution to the Weylander Emissary crisis, supplying the aid of a reformed Handy Burglar (2 Guile, 1 Gold) to assist.
  Mehlenna Blusterant supplies the aid of a Moneylender (Gold 2, Guile 1) to assist.
  Cinad supplies a Scribe (Gold 2, Knowledge 1) to assist.

That is all."

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2014, 04:46:26 pm »

"Adding to Cinad's."

"In that case, I'll add the support of my expert inveSpygator (2 Guile, 1 Knowledge) to your proposal for stopping the Exodus of Spies. Just a moment, please."
Pangaea sits down and quickly writes two short letters, both in cipher. She instructs one of the council messengers to take them to Villa Homologue.

"Please pardon my lack of attention, Wolfgang. The sickness, the toll it has taken, it troubles me deeply."
She looks straight ahead, lost in thought. Then a shadow is cast over her face.
"...!"
"..."
"Yes, the sickness. It's still spreading, to the Vasiri ambassador, of all people. That is what should be on our minds right now. I don't specialize in medicine or diplomatic protocol, but I've been in close correspondence with the Scholar (2 Piety, 1 Knowledge) Melan Chthonophilos. Perhaps he could be of some help. Does anyone else know someone who might contribute? How about that Bishop you mentioned, Mehlenna? What about you, Harriet? Cinad?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16