Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16271 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 08:01:39 pm »

I shall send petition the Bishop (Piety 2, Etiquette 1) to aid Sir Kyle's proposal as well.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 09:44:23 am »

"As things are, then...

Mehlanna Blusterant proposes a solution to the Corbettite Gospel Crisis, supplying the aid of her cousin, Angry Cleric (2 Piety, 1 Might) Samuel Blusterant.
  This proposal is supported by Cinad, who adds the services of Ada, Sword of Montenni, a Mercenary (2 Might, 1 Gold) from the Storm Coast.
  Harriet Bradley also supplies the aid of a Gentle Knight (2 Might, 1 Etiquette) to assist in retrieving the book.

Kyle Johnson proposes a solution to the Sleeping Sickness Crisis, supplying the aid of an Erudite Noble (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette) to research a cure.
  Wolfgang Arnoldsson supplies the aid of a Gentle Knight (2 Might, 1 Etiquette), although what use he will be I am currently unsure.
  Mehlenna provides the aid of the Bishop (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette) of Zema in resolving this crisis.

If you are ready, I shall submit this to the king."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 07:28:12 pm »

Can I play too? Here is the character I'd be playing:

Name: Pangaea Homologue
Description: A roundish, black-haired woman of about thirty. Wears an archaic blue stola embroidered with conic sections.
How she came to court: Eldest daughter of an influential merchant, she has devoted her life to the revival of science and philosophy. What this kingdom needs is reason and progress, flowering under the guidance of a well-informed administration. For the time being, she's the representative of the Chamber of Commerce.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2014, 12:11:06 am »

"I imagine that Wolfgang will want to specify that he wants his knight to go on the quest for the Gospel, not to cure sick people. Surely."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2014, 12:16:09 am »

Kyle seems to be containing laughter.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 04:59:41 am »

Pangaea hurries into the chamber and begins scanning the official record.

"We mustn't shrug off the pillaging of state institutions by a frenzied mob. Our family chaplain is a clever man (The Cunning Chaplain, 2 Piety, 1 Guile) and I'll request that he joins the mission to Weyland. Hopefully he can explain to the Jarls that abetting grand theft is no way to serve the state or the faith."

She continues her reading.

"...more than half the guard! This disease is a disaster, one that will require the council's undiluted attention. May I suggest that dealing with the sickness be put off until the Gospel has been brought back? Haste is the mother of failure!"

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 07:57:33 am »

"I imagine that Wolfgang will want to specify that he wants his knight to go on the quest for the Gospel, not to cure sick people. Surely."
"I over stated the usefulness of my knight I'm afraid. I add my gentle Knight to help with the book."
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2014, 10:31:06 am »

"Understood.  Here is the list of propositions that will be brought to the king.  Unless any final changes are made, the king will implement them and we shall see how successful they are...

Mehlanna Blusterant proposes a solution to the Corbettite Gospel Crisis, supplying the aid of her cousin, Angry Cleric (2 Piety, 1 Might) Samuel Blusterant.
  This proposal is supported by Cinad, who adds the services of Ada, Sword of Montenni, a Mercenary (2 Might, 1 Gold) from the Storm Coast.
  Harriet Bradley also supplies the aid of a Gentle Knight (2 Might, 1 Etiquette) to assist in retrieving the book.
  Wolfgang Arnoldsson supplies the aid of a Gentle Knight (2 Might, 1 Etiquette) to fight in any battles.
  Pangaea Homologue supplies the aid of her family's Cunning Chaplain (2 Piety, 1 Guile) to assist.

Kyle Johnson proposes a solution to the Sleeping Sickness Crisis, supplying the aid of an Erudite Noble (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette) to research a cure.
  Mehlenna provides the aid of the Bishop (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette) of Zema in resolving this crisis.

Let us hope your decisions are wise."

[/quote]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 12:21:02 pm »

OOC question for Iituem: Should each player post to announce that they're ready to present the list of proposals to the King?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 01:26:08 pm »

"As it stands we will never cure the sleeping sickness like this. I'd like to ask that anyone who can render assistance would please do so."

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 01:57:14 pm »

"As it stands we will never cure the sleeping sickness like this. I'd like to ask that anyone who can render assistance would please do so."
"I wish I could, my dear fellow. Alas, my resources are not suited for this kind of task."
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2014, 02:48:28 pm »

Pangaea looks up from her book.
"I'm ready to provide Piety and Knowledge to the group that would be working on a cure, but only if at least one more councillor steps in and makes a solid contribution."
OOC: By "solid contribution" I mean at least two units worth of relevant resources.

She turns to Wolfgang.
"What are they suited for? The suspected Embezzlement and the Missing Diplomats worry me, and if there was support, I'd propose an investigation into either issue. I know a certain Guileful individual who is intimately familiar with disappearing valuables."

Then she squints at the sun.
"...but we should finish up today's business now and continue these discussions tomorrow. The King needs proposals, not what ifs and maybes."
OOC: Starting now, I will be AFK for the better part of 24 hours. If Iituem wants to end this round, I have no objection.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:52:26 pm by Mopsy »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2014, 03:44:10 pm »

"I could probably assist on the Spies. Other than that I don't really have any solutions."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2014, 03:47:34 pm »

"I withdraw my proposal on the sleeping sickness."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2014, 11:56:19 pm »

OOC question for Iituem: Should each player post to announce that they're ready to present the list of proposals to the King?

OOC:  That would probably make it easier.  When a player is done with proposals and support, best if you just state No further actions.

Quote from: Submitted Proposals
  Wolfgang Arnoldsson supplies the aid of a Gentle Knight (2 Might, 1 Etiquette) to fight in any battles.
  Pangaea Homologue supplies the aid of her family's Cunning Chaplain (2 Piety, 1 Guile) to assist.
Total Force: 7 Might, 4 Piety

July passes quickly enough as Samuel Blusterant gathers what soldiers and clerics he can from the castle's forces and sets north for Weyland.  Along the way the group was besieged by bandits and hostile Weylanders, but the leadership of the pair of Gentle Knights is enough to keep the enemy forces at bay.  When the party at last reached the town of Weybridge it was not force but grace that prevailed.  The Jarl of Weybridge, McKinley, held those who had stolen the gospel under his protection, but Blusterant and the Homologue family chaplain were able to sway him with arguments of faith.  The chaplain elected to stay behind with the Jarl, but as a gift of his interest he returned the gospel.  Blusterant and his men returned to triumphal cheers from the citizens of Sheepstead.  The Gospel's return has provoked a flood of scholars come to view the texts.

The Lost Gospel required 6 Might and 4 Piety to successfully resolve.  The quest was a success.  The Strength of the Royal Library has risen to 3.

Crisis Worsens: The Sleeping Sickness

Without a cure, too much time has passed.  The vast majority of those who fell to sleep will now never wake.  The defences of the realm are crippled for their loss.

This crisis has auto-failed.  The Ministry of Defence is weakened.

August

As August arrives, you are summoned to the council chambers to review the issues of the day.  While mourning the loss of many of his men, the young king takes a moment to commend Mehlanna Blusterant.  He offers to grant her a favour for her sterling service, whatever she might request.

Spoiler: Crises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Government (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16