Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Kings of Dragon Pass successor announced !  (Read 8452 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Dragon Pass successor announced !
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 12:58:37 am »

However, if you don't have a smartphone (like me), it's on sale for $1.49 on gog.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 01:34:05 am »

NERDGASM!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 03:43:08 am »

I think one of my favorite moments in the game of all time was when my clan beat a troll in an eating contest. Nobody believed we could do it. Even when we won nobody could believe their eyes. All my ring members were like "wtf". None of the other clans would believe that we did it too. I laughed my ass off all over the place.

Since then I've gotten that event once in a blue moon but I've never been able to win again.

I really wish more games would emulate the way King of Dragon Pass did things. Crusader Kings 2 does a very good job of being similar to it. It doesn't have the advisor thing where everyone constantly speaks their mind, which I think gives King of Dragon Pass a lot more personality.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 04:33:49 am »

Very interesting.
About the advisors, i wish there were more games with the same kind of "advisors" that were in the Civ2 council (later civ2 version they removed it, the fools) , it was fun to see them arguing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlTIk80uBPg

Romanul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 04:56:09 am »

I'm disappointed that KDP wasn't emulated more by other games. After all this years and it's still in a genre of its own.  :(

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 08:47:04 am »

*Choo choo* All aboard the hype train!

PTW
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 10:21:51 am »

Ooooh, and by the same team too. Finally something to look forward to!

PTW

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 10:41:47 am »

I always try to contain my hype (especially for AAA titles) but for this game, I'm gonna let myself hyped.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 12:04:03 pm »

I'm disappointed that KDP wasn't emulated more by other games. After all this years and it's still in a genre of its own.  :(
That's OK.  I'm sure that if this does well, we'll get all the cheap copycats and knock-offs we could ever wish for. ^_^

Also PTW.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 12:58:05 pm »

I honestly couldn't believe their company still existed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 01:05:55 pm »

There are a lot of games that had great ideas for gameplay that even today would be considered stunning.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 01:11:44 pm »

I really loved that British spy agency one where if you failed you got tossed out a window.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »

ptw

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 06:47:44 pm »

I really loved that British spy agency one where if you failed you got tossed out a window.

Floor 16. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 01:16:55 am »

Oh man, my clan Umiman4 is having the time of their lives.

Basically my leader managed to form a tribe in a long game. She also became queen. Unfortunately, she died a few months later and we lost the Queenship to some rat bastard ally. I shook my fists and from that day on my clan pledged to reclaim our Queenship regardless of the cost! The strategy was simple:

1. Make a council with only super young people so that they can survive their time on the throne.
2. Make this super young people super talented at everything.
3. Bribe everyone and slaughter the current king.

So for part 1. There's no real way to hire new nobles other than to kill off existing nobles and let the game fill the void for you. So what I did was send off all my superfluous nobles to the troll queen I found in the far north. See, the first time I ran into her, I promised not to return as it was an accident that we found her. She let us go on the condition we never return. I sent my excess nobles to meet her. They never returned. Some say she burnt them alive. Either way, lots of fresh, new 20 somethings joined my stable of nobles. I selected my new council from these guys and girls.

Part 2 was tough. All my existing councilmembers were extremely experienced superhumans. All the fresh newbies were kinda useless. I basically just gambled on quests and events and crazy risky raids to improve everyone's stats. The raiding was quite easy as I managed to breed an army of triceratops-mounted knights. Nobody can last against my triceratops-mounted knights.

Part 3 was a total fluke. A few years into the new rule, the King decided he couldn't handle being king any more and retired. Bam! Bribed everyone more silver than they had ever seen in their lives and paraded my triceratops-mounted knights around to show them I meant business. Now my slightly-older-than-teenage class of awesome will probably hold the throne for 30+ years since they're so young.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5