Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DnD3.5 A Cold Beginning [5/5] IC: The beginning began  (Read 3261 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: DnD3.5 A Cold Beginning [5/5] IC: The beginning began
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 08:39:51 am »

Edgar advances cautiously, skirting the bones and keeping as quiet as he can. He holds a hand over the fire, feeling the heat off it, trying to get an idea of its age. Next he peers at the bones, checking for any teeth marks or scraps of flesh left. All the while he ensures he keeps an eye on the barrels.
 Try to gauge the age of the fire. Also examine the bones - if there are any teeth marks etc... run a knowledge check to try and identify them, or at lest their type. Also keep an eye out for any prints.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 09:57:59 am »

Whilst Edgar checks, Klikklak stays ready, just inside the room, letting the practiced scout do his work. It feels best to keep silent, so he lets Edgar and Janik decide which way to go next. If they turn to ask, he points to the left with his chin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »

Thrush otherwise stays alert...she looks around, noticing this room must have been carved by...someone, a long time ago.

Action: Wait for Edgar to do his thing...examine the room to see if there is any more detail.

((someone should probably light a lamp, I think? We might be missing things in the dark...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »

Janik stands ready to defend against anything that might pop out at them, but otherwise lets the rest of the party do their thig to determine the path.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 10:02:14 am »

Examine the room as well. Might find something they don't.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 03:25:55 pm »

Edgar inspects the fire and bones beside while the others peer about the dark chamber or stand about. The fire seems to have been smouldering a while - at least a few hours, though you couldn't say how long, precisely. The bones have alternatively been chewed by some beast - you guess maybe a wolf or dog - or scraped clean with a knife.

Without the ability to see well in the dark, the chamber has only the embers of the fire glowing in the middle. Izalith peers into the darkness, but sees nothing. Thrush's low light vision help her pierce the dark, but it's still gloomy, even for her. She does, however. spot a frozen puddle around one of the decrepit barrels. Otherwise, nothing leaps out at her.

Janik stalwartly stands guard, that noble defender. Kilkklak doesn't do much different.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 10:28:20 am »

Edgar opens the barrels, ready to jump back if anything dangerous is contained within. If not, he examines the corridors leading onwards for signs of passage.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 10:30:59 am »

Thrush wished someone would draw a light already-they were probably missing things in the dark, even her. She didn't need to carry one, usually, and hadn't even been able to buy a candle when they left the city...

She edged toward the barrel, staff stretched out. Ho, hum. She hoped nothing was hiding in the barrel.

Barrels were good hiding places.

Action: Poke the puddle, then tap the barrel with my quarter-staff! Can I figure out what it is?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 10:23:40 pm »

"I don't suppose anyone sees anything? I'm kinda blind right now... Oh! I have torches!!"

Attempt to light torches on the fire. Barring that use flint and steel.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 01:43:03 am »

Move next to Edgar and Thrush as they inspect the barrels. Sniff them when open.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2014, 10:04:56 am »

Move next to Edgar and Thrush as they inspect the barrels. Sniff them when open.

The Kobolds tail swished past Thrush's bony legs in the darkness, causing her to jump.

"*Hssss!*

Don't scare me like that, lizardguts!"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2014, 10:25:55 am »

Edgar's head whipped round in annoyance. Regardless of how true or not his tales, were, his senses were certainly sharp.
'Quiet. They have some kind of beast. For all we know it's already tole them we're here.'
He made sure to keep his own voice as quiet as possible.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2014, 10:46:58 am »

Edgar's head whipped round in annoyance. Regardless of how true or not his tales, were, his senses were certainly sharp.
'Quiet. They have some kind of beast. For all we know it's already tole them we're here.'
He made sure to keep his own voice as quiet as possible.

Thrush nods, shrugging her feathers.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2014, 01:32:03 pm »

Janik keeps on guard, nodding to the others.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 08:06:53 pm »

Izalith manages to get the torches lit after a long while in the embers. The flame is blinding, and you take a while for you eyes to adjust. Shadows dance across the uneven walls, riddled with cracks and crevices.

In the light, you can see the leaking barrel has leaked a greenish liquid - well, solid now. The smell of incense fills the air when a torch is held near the ice, letting some melt. Maybe it was used for rituals? Aside from that, you find some knives, rusted to uselessness, and 13 gold pieces sitting in a small bag.

At the sound of voices you all turn to face the doors. The door on the left starts to open, and you catch a glimpse of a figure who freezes when he spots the torchlight, though hsi backlighting prevents you picking out any features. He slams the door shut and the sound of a bar being dropped into place echoes through the chamber. You hear him shouting, muffled, and fading as he and any companions presumably run to tell others. 

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4