Advanced search  

Author Topic: Waste  (Read 904 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Waste
« on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:30 pm »

Wasteland stretches out to the horizon. Grey stone, rippled by the wind, lays in a featureless plane beneath your feet, a blank expanse. There's nothing close by, the stone beneath your feet the only feature. Sunlight reflects in places, producing radiant rainbows, vibrant greens, reds-oranges, blues, every color in the spectrum but they flash away fleetingly, only appearing as a quirk of the eye.

A few pebbles lay close by, made of a grey stone.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Waste
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:08:42 pm »

Eat pebbles

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »

You eat the pebbles in a complex, endomaterial reaction that leaves the pebbles exactly where they were, because only dumb people eat pebbles and you pride yourself in not being dumb.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 05:27:17 pm »

Pick up a few stones, then spin around a bit and set out in the direction we end up facing.
Take a closer look at this text!

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »

Then attempt to harness the power of the pebbles to grow wings and fly.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:37:08 pm »

Kick ass
Go to space
REPRESENT THE HUMAN RACE!

Our goal
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 05:38:11 pm »

Head away from the Sun.  *Also examine a pebble
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 05:40:54 pm »

You twirl gracefully and fall on your ass. Taking the time, you pick the pebbles up and pull yourself up, setting off in a random direction. Nothing better to do. You trail towards a flash of red that lingers, hangs heavy in the sky-- and the grey stone gives way to unkempt green grass, until you're standing within a garden.
   The beds of carrots and potatoes are neatly arranged between black, smooth stone. Food grows meekly from the earth, braving the warm sun near fallow fields overgrown with brush and bracken. Bean vines climb the fence.
   A small house, grey with decay, leans at an angle over roses, over orchid and mistletoe. A man emerges, serious and grim as you approach.
   “Where have you been?”

A grim, serious man with a goatee lingers on a porch of river stone.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 05:43:30 pm »

Point toward the badlands. Lets go with "Heroic Mime" kind of thing.
+1
+1

Fine, but we have to take the Mime class.

But also Check memory banks for details about man.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:47:15 pm by Lyeos »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 05:43:42 pm »

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 05:45:14 pm »

+1
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 06:00:29 pm »

Turning, you point out towards the way you came, the way you went. A house lies across asphalt, falling into disrepair, ivy consuming it bit by bit. Beyond that is a fallow field, turned over to dirt. The man glances that direction, his face keeping that grim look, even as you make sure not to point directly at the house-- just to the right.

"You always wander off when I need you to help me." He mumbles, turning to head back inside, "Come in, dinner is ready." His tone books no argument, no question, and you follow him into your home. It's quaint, cozy-- packed with various things that couldn't be left outside in the rain or weather.

The man is your elder brother, the keeper of your house. Probably the rightful owner, considering all the work he put into it, his age, all the care he took. But despite his work, it still crumbles-- something to ponder, as you devour your stew with him and his wife at a round, crooked table that wobbles with any weight set upon it.

Night falls, and bed time follows. You bathe, following your nightly rituals, and crawl into your cot in the living room. Your brother and his wife-- well. You slip out when the noise becomes unbearable in the silent house.

The moon hangs heavy, framed by stars and inky sky. Stars riddle it, and no longer can you see the colors radiating outward. Its tranquil, and you feel something stir in your bones. This part of the story doesn't have a happy end, doesn't have the decay abated by heroism and happiness.
You should leave.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:02:46 pm by filiusenox »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 06:02:08 pm »

Into the other house! For supplies and earplugs!