Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 259468 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 2 (14/15) (1 replacement) - Royalty has Arrived!
« Reply #750 on: November 19, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

. . . . don't quote the mod
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 19, 2014, 11:15:16 pm »

SBC, do you think that 4maskwolf would kill you for any lynch that he doesn't agree with, or just for not siding with the majority vote?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 19, 2014, 11:30:17 pm »

SBC, do you think that 4maskwolf would kill you for any lynch that he doesn't agree with, or just for not siding with the majority vote?
To answer this question before I go to sleep: for not going with majority vote. Even if I'm the majority vote, I'll ensure he isn't überkilled by nuke.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 19, 2014, 11:32:23 pm »

SBC: Beyond Mastahcheese, who would you feel most comfortable lynching were the majority to agree on their lynch?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 19, 2014, 11:36:09 pm »

I'm pretty sure that rule means "don't directly use the quote tags with something from the mod". He could theoretically be lying, we don't know.

No, Shakerag. We can't let what we want to happen get in the way with what we know is the correct way to do things. It'd be an easy, effortless lynch, and likely tell us nothing and not help us at all.

4maskwolf: You know I'm not saying that- I've explained this before. You could have effortlessly chosen a different time to do it, or chosen not to do it- you didn't. Stop making stupid excuses like "I have a life" when that has no bearing on your decision to do what you did.
This is a pointless debate. I've been over why I did it, and that seemed a perfectly reasonable time to do it. If my pulling the lever actually did cause the vote fuckery, then I'm sorry, but I didn't know that when I pulled it, and I wish TolyK had responded sooner to the pm.

On the theoretical side, it's possible that the lever had an automated delay built into it, much like levers in DF take a bit to activate their target.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 19, 2014, 11:41:06 pm »

Vector, I believe I'm allowed to tell you what the mod said, since I could be lying as long as I don't use the quote tags.

Cheetar, TDS is still my second scum pick, but they aren't on the same side I don't think. if mastah comes up mafia, probably Persus.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 19, 2014, 11:44:10 pm »

Here is what Tolyk said: "you have been targeted with a nuclear missile. Your sirens are going off left and right."
Generally, it's better to use reported speech (he said that...) for these kinds of things to avoid confusion on whether or not you're breaking the rules. :p
Since it's impossible for a bystander to determine whether or not you broke the "don't quote the mod" rule, you're probably fine. Just keep in mind that guideline.

Votecount soonish.

Ppe:
Vector, I believe I'm allowed to tell you what the mod said, since I could be lying as long as I don't use the quote tags.
Basically, this, but see above.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 19, 2014, 11:44:55 pm »

You could still be lying even with the use of quote tags and a timestamp- it's liable to confuse some people though.

4mask: We have an unresolvable disagreement. Therefore: I still think you're scummy for your decision, as you refuse to discuss it beyond what I believe is a very poor excuse.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 19, 2014, 11:45:55 pm »

You could still be lying even with the use of quote tags and a timestamp- it's liable to confuse some people though.

4mask: We have an unresolvable disagreement. Therefore: I still think you're scummy for your decision, as you refuse to discuss it beyond what I believe is a very poor excuse.
I'm not entirely certain what you're looking for, what question you have.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 19, 2014, 11:46:44 pm »

Current status:
The appointed king is SuperBlackCat
The appointed hammerer is JIM GROOVESTER
Day will end: FRIDAY, 5 PM UTC or so.

Votecount:

Shakerag (0)-
Flabort (0)-
Cheetar (0)-
Jack A T (0)-
Zombie Urist (0)-
TheDarkStar (0)-
Vector (0)-
Varee (0)-
Tiruin (0)-
Jim Groovester (0)-
Toaster (0) -
Persus13 (1) - Shakerag
4maskwolf (0) -  (Cheeetar)
Mastahcheese (0) - (Persus13)
SuperBlackCat (0) -

To Hammer: Majority at Day End
Please note that voting shenanigans are not displayed if they occur.

Not voting:
(SuperBlackCat, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, ZU)

Extensions used:
Vector (1/2)
Flabort (1/2)

Requesting Replacement: Persus13
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 19, 2014, 11:48:45 pm »

The why of your activation of it. Your excuse does not make sense as to the why. 'Why not', while it may be an actual motivation on your part, is not something I'm going to seriously consider- I'd much rather accept you were scum than your motivation for seriously screwing over the town was that you didn't know any better or did it just to do it.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 19, 2014, 11:51:14 pm »

Regardless, if you truly did have no other motivation for activating it then continuing to discuss it is fruitless: I don't accept that as a reason to do what you did.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 19, 2014, 11:53:40 pm »

The why of your activation of it. Your excuse does not make sense as to the why. 'Why not', while it may be an actual motivation on your part, is not something I'm going to seriously consider- I'd much rather accept you were scum than your motivation for seriously screwing over the town was that you didn't know any better or did it just to do it.
Why I did it, most of which I've said earlier:
It could do something good for me.
I was already pissed off at outside things and took it out on the game.
I didn't consider the possibility that it could have far-reaching consequences.
Again, I question why you seem to assume that pulling the lever screwed the town in any way, particularly when I'm trying to use the abilities the box gave me to rectify the unfortunate choice of king.

The other question I have is thus: why do you assume that the lever had ANYTHING to do with king and that the king thing wasn't a prescribed event caused by Toaster's role but not revealed to him initially.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 20, 2014, 12:00:24 am »

That seems to me to still be 'why not', just slightly expanded- 'it could do good things and I'm frustrated so why not'. Why it's probably related to you pulling the lever: Because it would be incredibly stupid for it to have been related to something else, given that nobody else actioned and it was hours from the day's end.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 20, 2014, 12:02:52 am »

What I'm taking away from this, Cheeetar, is that a) you don't believe I have emotions which can spill over into the game and b) you find the idea that I'm pissed off, as evidenced by a massive ranting post the day before which came before I even knew about the mechanism or that I would be acquiring it, and just want to end the game for me and that I am trying to fix a problem that was POSSIBLY caused by my action less likely than the idea that I just pulled it to intentionally screw over the town in a very public and easy-to-notice fashion and just hoped nobody noticed, coming up with a flimsy-ass excuse to defend myself in a fashion completely diverging from every existing evidence of me as scum.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 101