Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaiming my fortress - starting on top of a tower  (Read 1150 times)

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaiming my fortress - starting on top of a tower
« on: October 26, 2014, 07:26:26 am »

[Prologue]So, I lost my human town to goblins after seriously thinking no enemies would be coming and letting my military wither away before the siege came. What goblins didnt kill my merry men did instead, as my swordman killed a butcher in his anger, and my military then killled guards who tried to take him to prison and so on, fubar storm. When half of the population was dead (70 living) I abandoned the place.[/Prologue]

I reclaimed the fort only to find out that my starting wagons and people are standing on top of an archer tower. Luckily I had built hatches there so it was no problem... and of course then there are elves standing on my roofs, not wanting to leave the place. Maybe they'll bring me luck?

http://i.imgur.com/CqXHqQn.png

I dont know, I thought I would spawn at the edge of map or something, not in the middle of my town.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:31:23 am by Kuikka »

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming my fortress - starting on top of a tower
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 07:39:30 am »

I had similar situation, it was hilarious. But i was forced to deconstruct part of my roof, then deconstruct wagon nad build stairs to floor.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:36:52 am »

On a probably related note, my adventurer just materialized in tree canopy when exiting fast travel.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:26:07 pm »

On a probably related note, my adventurer just materialized in tree canopy when exiting fast travel.

hmm... so, apparently my guys didnt figure out how to squeeze a wagon inside a tree, so they chose the second best option...