Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: DnD3.5 A Cold Beginning [5/5] OOC - waitlisting  (Read 18398 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: DnD3.5 A Cold Beginning [5/5] OOC - waitlisting
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2014, 09:53:43 am »

*blows off dust*

Look, I found a vintage Taricus blunder!

See, it's still got the original crease-and if you look close, you'll see Australian tears embedded in the lining...

War Wind had a plan...he took the time to take a quarter of his healing potion before charging into the fight, and patiently waited for it to take effect, then drank down the bubbly potion, before charging out of his hiding place, completely bare of armor, weapon or clothes. He was truly invisible, for a few seconds, but Thoggas potion quickly lost power, and he became visible...all too soon. Thogga shook his head sadly.

Wr Wind was spotted by the Spider-Elves right away. There was there no where to hide in all this mud! Arrows and slingstones rained upon him as he slogged forward sluggishly. He kept going, slogging forward slowly as stones, arrows and thrown axes begin scoring hits on him. Blood gushed from his wounds as they tore the unarmored scales from his body, and yet he did not stop. He had almost reached the bridge reached the bridge when he saw Elve'raema raise her staff. She smirked, winked, and a blast of frost erupted from the staff and enveloped him...War Wind took it head on, and was instantly turned into a frozen statue, his final look perhaps that of calm. His last thoughts before his soul fled his body were about how foolish his charge was-unarmored and without a weapon-however brave it might have seemed at the time.

*War Winds body has been frozen solid by the Cryomancer-Witches Magic. Sadly, his life and his quest have come to end, here, in the primordial Fungal Swamps below Esteros.*

War Wind +4 HP, -10 HP Dead, dead, dead...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2014, 10:38:58 am »

Right, so regards backstories, I believe Edgar, Thrush, and Klikklak will have met (we're working on that atm). We can bring in Janik as the instigator if he were to have hired a ranger (moi) who then brought along some friends. Which just leaves Izalith to be worked in.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2014, 10:52:11 am »

Yeah right now, the party timeline goes something like this.

1. Thrush gets attacked at the Dragon Creek Bridge

2. Edgar saves her from a drawn neck

3. Klikklak either...

...A. Helps Edgar, who he is traveling with-thereby making three, GOTO6
...B. He's not there, GOTO5

4. Thrush goes her own way.

5. Klikklak stumbles into a tavern on a quest of his own, by himself, meeting Thrush and Edgar, who are traveling together. They all know each other-Janik joins the group, making four.

6. Klikklak is traveling with Edgar-they stumble into a tavern on a quest of their own, meeting Thrush. Thrush notices Edgar, and they agree to work together. Janik joins the group, making four.

7. Izalith joins the group. TBA.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:09:12 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2014, 11:24:06 am »

You have exceeded the limit of 20 personal messages per hour.

MY PLANS ARE FALLING APART.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »

Just seen the request for marching orders.
Edgar will try and stay in the middle of the party - 2nd or 3rd of the 5 if possible, so that he can keep an eye/ear out for anything suspicious. If combat breaks, he backs up, trying to get at to cover a round's worth of movement away from the actual battle. From here he attacks with his longbow.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »

I should be home within a few hours. I'll do the backstory then. Sorry for the wait.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2014, 12:56:09 pm »

This will start sometime around Saturday.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2014, 06:00:56 am »

Edgar will try and stay in the middle of the party - 2nd or 3rd of the 5 if possible, so that he can keep an eye/ear out for anything suspicious. If combat breaks, he backs up, trying to get at to cover a round's worth of movement away from the actual battle. From here he attacks with his longbow.

But does anyone else have as good spot/listen as you?

Naturally, Janik is the biggest meatshield in the party, with a blistering 22 AC(during defensive stance, 20 otherwise). Whenever combat begins he'll charge into the middle of the biggest group of enemies, swat one with his sword, then enter defensive stance. Then full attack with his sword and shield or charge again until no enemies are left.

I think we are both the sort of PC that would want to go at the front. Are we both going to just sort of charge in and smack things? Neither of us are likely to want to be the rearguard, but then I’m likely to want to protect the squishy types.

Quote from: Marching Orders
Klikklak will only use his sling in combat against opponents he cannot physically reach.

Where possible he will march at the front of the group, although he is sensible enough to let anyone with scouting ability go first.

He will charge where possible into melee, otherwise will move into melee against the most threatening looking enemy. If there is a more powerful enemy he will try to cooperate and flank this enemy. He will strike 2 handed, and will use -1 to hit for +2 damage with Power Attack if the enemy is Medium or larger.

If anyone requests help in combat, he will finish off his current opponent and immediately move to their assistance.

If there is an enemy that could kill a party member, Klikklak will Detect Evil to make sure it is Evil, then caste Smite Evil before attacking it.

I want to adjust these a bit to make sure he doesn’t get in the way of our missile/magic types or get himself swamped but this will do for now.

I've put the above into my Other Notes on my sheet.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2014, 09:33:11 am »

But does anyone else have as good spot/listen as you?
Nope, simply put :P

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2014, 10:01:07 am »

Our skill ranks go something like...

Izalith: Search, Survival, Swim, Knowledge (Nature)
Janik: Knowledge (Nobility), Knowledge (History), Craft (Weaponsmith), Ride, Climb, Jump
Edgar: Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Survival, Hide, Spot, Use Rope
Thrush: Sense Motive, Use Magic device
Klikklak: Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Ride
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:15:58 am by Dwarmin »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2014, 10:09:29 am »

You forgot climb and jump Dwar :p
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2014, 10:16:45 am »

You forgot climb and jump Dwar :p

Well, yes, it is an incomplete list!

Thrush also gets pretty nice sneak skills, but I didn't list them because she's unlikely to develop them.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2014, 10:13:37 pm »

IC up.

Any last minute changes to your sheets, make 'em now.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2014, 04:10:15 am »

Ok, dropped my kobold skin cream for a CLW. Should have been a half cold dragon given the setting but the idea of vomiting noxious acid gas fits the character much better.

Shall we go in then?

Gigla - could you link the OOC in the IC? 

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2014, 05:43:53 am »

Umm.... I don't actually have a wolf mount. I was considering it for when I got an animal companion at level 3 (I think) :P

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15