Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: DnD3.5 A Cold Beginning [5/5] OOC - waitlisting  (Read 18366 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: DnD3.5 A Cold Beginning [0/5] OOC
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 11:07:30 am »

What roll scale?
For each stat, roll 4d6, drop the lowest. You can swap two and reroll one. (I think that's how it's done, isn't it?)
There are a number of ways it is done. If you mean the default method from the player handbook, you roll 4d6-drop-one six times then assign each one to an ability score as you like. You get to reroll the whole thing "if you scores are too low" ("Your scores are considered too low if the sum of your modifiers (before adjustments because of race) is 0 or lower, or if your highest score is 13 or lower.").

Dread Necromancer.
Technically, Dread Necromancer isn't an Evil class, just non-Good; the book itself says most Adventurer Dread Necromancers are Neutral.

Then it's your lucky day. Wolves don't need an exotic saddle, since they're practically the same as riding dogs.
Except mechanically, where they're generally worse.

Also, a small thing from the book I noticed and disagree with, Osiris would be all for raising the dead if they would be doing what they did in life. That's literally what all Egyptians were preparing for with their death rituals.
Unless I am vastly misremembering things, the Egyptians were planning to have an afterlife, not be Undead; considering they thought the state of the body impacted the state of the ex-tenant in the afterlife, I would imagine they would see turning corpses into murderous parodies of themselves powered by energy anethema to all life as utterly abominable.
But undead don't need to be murderous. And the Egyptian afterlife is literally like a continuation of life. So, if an undead were to be made to do what it did before then it would be cool.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 11:17:08 am »

Maybe I should explain a little more about life and death in this world.

When you die, your soul leaves your body (obviously). There, it evaporates, close enough, and becomes positive energy if you're good and negative energy if you're evil. After a while, it gets reborn into a new body as a new soul. Rarely, a soul can hold itself together, and be reborn with it's memories and abilities intact, or persist as a ghost. It used to be the gods helped this process along, and a lot of the duties of the Icons were dealing with... blockages, so to speak. Of course, the gods aren't doing much nowadays, and the system is trying to creak along on it's own.

Most people wouldn't like the idea of their remains being animated, it's true. A lot of intelligent undead are murderous because they're animated through evil energy - distilled out the souls of those who do evil. What you're made of doesn't always determine who you are, of course, but it's generally a good rule of thumb.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 11:22:08 am »

When you die, your soul leaves your body (obviously). There, it evaporates, close enough, and becomes positive energy if you're good and negative energy if you're evil. After a while, it gets reborn into a new body as a new soul. Rarely, a soul can hold itself together, and be reborn with it's memories and abilities intact, or persist as a ghost. It used to be the gods helped this process along, and a lot of the duties of the Icons were dealing with... blockages, so to speak. Of course, the gods aren't doing much nowadays, and the system is trying to creak along on it's own.

Most people wouldn't like the idea of their remains being animated, it's true. A lot of intelligent undead are murderous because they're animated through evil energy - distilled out the souls of those who do evil. What you're made of doesn't always determine who you are, of course, but it's generally a good rule of thumb.
So would the spell that lets you talk to the dead not work or something? Because that is part of my guy's thing before he raises the dead.

Also, is mummification part of alchemy or a skill on it's own?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 11:41:26 am »

Now that I'm thinking about it... I think I'll sit this one out.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 11:57:56 am »

Now that I'm thinking about it... I think I'll sit this one out.

May I ask why?

So would the spell that lets you talk to the dead not work or something? Because that is part of my guy's thing before he raises the dead.

Also, is mummification part of alchemy or a skill on it's own?

Nah, the spell just concentrates the soul a bit so it can talk. It's part of why the dead don't often have very helpful things to say - they're more confused than you are.

Mummification? I would say it's a skill on it's own. Not too much to do with alchemy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 12:01:06 pm »

Okay.

In case you're wondering I'm doing some Egyptian themes for this guy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:27 pm »

DM: I'm thinking about playing a Sorcerer; would you allow me to eventually take levels in Incantatrix?

Also, would you allow a visit to the Otyugh Hole (CS)?

Also also, how many flaws and traits?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:13:40 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 12:35:26 pm »

Not going to be able to work on my sheet for a while. I'm going out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 12:54:27 pm »

DM: I'm thinking about playing a Sorcerer; would you allow me to eventually take levels in Incantatrix?

Also, would you allow a visit to the Otyugh Hole (CS)?

Also also, how many flaws and traits?

One flaw, one trait. I'll have a look at the other stuff in a but.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2014, 12:55:34 pm »

so, what about my class? Is it ok?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 12:57:48 pm »

Seems alright. You can use it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 12:59:08 pm »

Cacaw!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=593827

Stats:           http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/37118/
Rerolled WIS: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4692903/

So, is a Kenku Warlock okee?

http://dndtools.eu/classes/warlock/

+2 Dexterity, –2 Strength.
    A kenku’s base land speed is 30 feet.
    Great Ally (Ex): Kenkus work exceptionally well with their allies. When successfully aided on a skill check or attack roll by an ally, or when aiding another, a kenku applies or gains a +3 bonus on its check or attack roll (instead of the normal +2 bonus). Furthermore, a kenku gains a +4 bonus on attack rolls against an opponent flanked by an ally (instead of the normal +2 bonus).
    Mimicry (Ex): A kenku can perfectly mimic familiar sounds, voices, and accents. This ability does not enable the kenku to speak languages it can’t normally speak. To duplicate a specific individual’s voice, a kenku makes a Bluff check; a listener familiar with the voice being imitated must succeed on an opposed Sense Motive check to discern that the voice isn’t genuine.
    Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d3).
    +2 racial bonus on Hide checks and Move Silently checks.
    Low-light vision.
    Automatic Languages: Common and Kenku. Bonus Languages: Auran, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling.
    Favored Class: Rogue.
    Level adjustment +0.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »

I dunno. Just not really up to a bunch of homebrew I suppose. I might come back as a Replacement though.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2014, 03:17:45 pm »

Partially complete sheet (equipment and fluff missing).

Would anyone be willing to act as a mule for my woefully weak character?

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2014, 03:24:03 pm »

Actually, I'm more in the mood for a sorcerer. Meet Robin Toma, the currently soulless blaster.

Some of the things I can see suggests the magic-blooded template is a relic from 3.0, and it seems very powerful as well for a measly -2 wis.
Can I do it if I chop off the spell-likes? I just wanted the +2 Charisma.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15