Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21238 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Birds will kill everything you love
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2015, 11:18:05 am »

"Witch as an insult, or literally witch?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2015, 11:41:49 am »

"Ah. So it's a strange man, that we don't know. Who wasn't sent to us by our boss. Who claims to be working for a witch. Who wants to take us all on his boat and presumably out to a secluded part of the ocean. Well. The only trifling question I have left is Would you go with yourself, or maybe better, let your kids, if you have any, go with the strange man, in that situation?"

Spoiler: Staredown (click to show/hide)

The salty seadog gives Lina the kind of look that could kill. Lina, although perhaps without not some inner trepidation is able to keep her poise without cracking a bit or any sort of show of fear. After a few moments his gaze softens into a certain kind of look of respect.

: "No. No I wouldn't. But I've been asked to bring you to Tonic."

"Witch as an insult, or literally witch?"

: "Both. To be certain, she's a right old hag. But she also said that she knows one of you. Same goes with the loudmouth with the microphone. They're both waiting."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2015, 05:30:19 pm »

Thomas merely nodded meekly at the captain, before scurrying off onto the boat and taking a seat.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 06, 2015, 10:37:50 pm »

Like a boss, Thomas makes his way onto the ship. He can be assured that he's gotten into the captains good graces by doing so. The vessel seems to be a combination of both old and new technologies hobbled together into a bastard child of what used to be a yacht and a speedboat. The wooden deck of the ship groans unpleasantly as it tests your weight. On the rear of the ship, water jets dip low into the salty water motionless as the pitter patter of waves strike the bow. Upon the hull of the ship, emblazoned on the side in bright red letters is the ships name, The Dread Meridian. The middle of the ship is occupied by a single large cabin, while just a bit forward and about that lies the navigators cabin. As Thomas steps onto the ship, he can see in through the double doors of the large commons cabin where an old woman is getting grilled by a none other than Wendy McClure. The interview goes on unsuccessfully as you nonchalantly take a seat. Kolya follows close behind Thomas and teleports up onto the table before him. (??) As soon as Wendy sees Thomas enters, Wendy pounces like a Persian who had just seen a fresh meaty Rattata.

: "Finally! It took you Slowpokes long enough! Now, spill grandma!"

The old woman chuckles and flashes a yellow smile. In her hand, she wields a candle producing a heady incense that hangs about her like a cloak of gray fog.

: "Kukukukukuku! Hello young man. I'm ever so glad you could join us today. We've not yet met, but you may call me Matron Memoria. You are Thomas Volya, of Return Island. A native of Tarantell Town, correct?"

---

Out on the shore line, it strikes you as a good time to also shimmy your way onto the ship. As Thomas makes his way onto the ship, the mysterious captain follows as well and board the vessel after him. But before you strike out and cross the pier to the Dread Meridian, you can hear the steady annoyingly high pitched droning of a young woman and the tromping sound of heavy footfalls. Off in the distance about 50 yards out, you spot her. Clad still in that garish purple outfit and wearing an absolutely adorable fluffy hat, Jill Stone was approaching. This time however, she has back up in the form of two figures clad in black suits, sunglasses, and a ties. She looks around desperately and points in anger and breaks out into a sprint. She begins to shriek wail, her banshee voice managing to drown out the friendly sounds of waves as nearby natives look for cover.

"YOU!!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER THIS PODUNK, BACKWARDS, SILLY ISLAND FOR YOU! STOP RIGHT THERE REDHEADED, NO GOOD, WURMPLE FACED, SOOT GIRL! I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU!!"
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Party Ship!
« Reply #289 on: January 06, 2015, 11:07:19 pm »

"Hahaha, run for it!"
Corrie tugs on Lina lightly (not being very strong) as she runs in the direction of the ship (but not too terribly fast, either.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 06, 2015, 11:25:40 pm »

Lina picks up the pace with Corrie, calling over her shoulder "Sorry kid, but we got places to be and people to see! All very important documentary stuff you understand?! I'll sign any autographs you want later!"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 07, 2015, 01:14:44 am »

"Yes, that would be right. Except it's no return island if I can help it. Anyway, why do you ask exactly Memoria?" Thomas replied inquisitively, somewhat unfazed about how the woman had seemingly knew who he was just by looking at him.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 07, 2015, 06:52:31 am »

Leaf took a step backwards as the girl came marching towards them,
"Calm down"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2015, 05:08:20 pm »

The girl wasn't merely marching, she was in a full on sprint and gaining ground fast, her face become a like a large blushing cherry. She was about 35 yards out now and gaining. Leaf's attempt to calm her seemingly had no effect at all. Mirage tugged at Leaf's pants legs with her tiny teeth as if to drag him to the ship. She saw the writing on the wall.

"DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME YOU FICKLE-BELLIED COWARDS! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!? I'M A FUCKING STONE!"

---

Terribly fast or not, the ship was close enough that the two girls were able to beat the captain onto the ship as he lazily made his way onboard. They would quickly see the main cabin and could hear the conversation going on inside where Thomas had taken a seat.

--

: "No, I'm certain it was Return Island. You must have not paid enough attention to your elder's boy. Hmmph. Wild youth like you have so little care for the glorious histories of the islands. At any rate, I ask as it is good to double check your sources. My visionary eyes are not as strong as they used to be."

Matron Memoria looses a cackle and extends her bony hand.

: "Care to cross my palm with a bit of silver?"
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2015, 12:15:51 am »

Lina turns around and shouts out towards Leaf "Common Leaf! Lets get going! She's not the type to ever listen to anything you've got to say!" As she saw who the two people in the cabin were a look of recognition came across her face "Hey, you're that reporter that we brought back into town aren't you? Should you be asleep by now or something?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 08, 2015, 05:32:08 am »

Leaf hesitated for a moment but with the encouragement from Lina and Mirage he quickly headed towards the ship.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2015, 11:00:10 pm »

"Hmm? No! A reporter never rests until the truth is unearthed! I did take a nap, but I woke up to the nurse fiddling around with some bird. So I went to the market to track down this lady like Frank suggested."
"Kukukukuku! Why hello there dearie! You must be Lina. And that must be your friends as well. Hehehe... While the young man keeps deciding, would either of you ladies perchance indulge an old maid in a bit of fortune telling?"

---

Leaf and Frank both make it onto the ship. The captain slips up a pair of stairs into the navigation deck. The engines at the rear of the ship sputter to life and the boarding platforms are retracted. At the end of the pier, Jill's face is blood red and incredulous she starts marching off towards the end of the pier.

"NO! NO NO NO NO! YOU CAN'T JUST IGNORE ME LIKE THAT!"

As she does so, Mirage scampers up to Leaf's shoulders and gives him a friendly nudge before laying her eyes upon Jill. (Pokémon Edu: 6!) Unfortunately you have no idea what she's trying to tell you.
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2015, 11:38:29 pm »

"Huh? You know Franky? I had no idea he was into the whole mystic mumbo jumbo stuff, doesn't seem the type. Anyway, it might be interesting! Sure! How much do you charge for a reading?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2015, 02:59:07 pm »

: "A mere 100 Poke, a price affordable by both paupers and kings."
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2015, 03:04:34 pm »

Lina nods, takes out her money and passes 100 poke over to the crone.

"So do you like read my palm or something then?"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29