Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21242 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Birds will kill everything you love
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2014, 10:43:10 pm »

The nurse nods.

: "Halu-Halu is the largest city on the western half of the chain. It's not as big as Bluewater or Rondo, but it can hold it's own."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 26, 2014, 09:12:24 am »

Leaf's smile widened as he saw the new cocoon before him, carefully he picked it up.
"It's ok now, you'll be safe" he began to walk back to the desk but hesitated as he saw how busy the nurse was and heard the story about the Swellow. He decided to stay where he was for the moment and wait until the Swellow was taken care of first.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »

It took a few minutes, but eventually the nurse ceased wrapping the Swellow and bandages and successfully put a muzzle on the birds beak. She wasn't about to take chances today. Once done with that, she took the parties Pokémon and healed them for you within an hour.

All party Pokémon are healed to full health and relieved of injuries!

: "Thank you for visiting the Pokémon Center! Go and excel in all things!"
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2014, 04:47:48 pm »

Leaf smiled as he took his pokemon,
"Thank you" he stretched slightly as he looked around everyone else "What should we do now?"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2014, 05:08:28 pm »

"Well, I guess our plan was to look around, and film, the town. After that I guess we should for a ferry to another island... I know we were thinking about Tonic island.... Buuuuuuut what if we instead went to Halu-Halu?! The biggest city this side of the chain must mean the biggest shopping area is side of the chain! Certainly that would be more interesting to most people then some little gym?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 28, 2014, 05:12:55 pm »

"Halu-halu is on the other half of the chain." Thomas interjected. It would be an onerous trip just to get there, and we'd likely have to stop o every island from here to it."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »

"... Are you sure your qualified to be our guide? I'm not sure what island Halu-halu is on, but if it's on the western side of the chain, it couldn't be more then a single tiny island away. Maybe not even that!" Lina said as she pulled out her pokedex and opening up the region map on it, offering the map for Thomas to see.

Spoiler: pokedex (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2014, 11:26:41 am »

"Well anyway! Ignoring that, don't you guys think it's time to get some footage of this town? We could split up to try to find the most interesting and important bits, meet up, and then record them all?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2015, 07:25:13 pm »

At Lina's bequest, the documentary team spent an hour or so recording the town. The market was as busy as ever, though now there were no more fluffy hats available and the occult old woman was not around. The shopkeepers were slow to react to the idea of being filmed, but a little bit of sweet talking and urging from Lil Dom got them to start talking about their work on the island. You were able to learn that quite a few of them are natives of Requisce Town on Tonic Island. According to them, Requisce Town has been struggling for quite some time after the deaf of the town's de facto leader passed away. If he were still living, he would have been considered of the first picks to become a Gym Leader. Instead, his granddaughter Celesta now holds the title. The general opinion of her is that she's an innefectual leader at best, only chosen because she was his granddaughter.  Because of that, they came to Shanty for the promise of a better life; away from the aging and overbearing population of elderly, paltry provisions and a leader that is ill-equipped to deal with real issues. A few of them, such as the fluffy hat saleswoman return on occasion to visit their parents and to purchase raw materials such as wool and cotton, but the general consensus is that the town is well on it's way to being permanently forgotten.

---

Still, an ineffectual Gym Leader was still a Gym Leader. You take off for the docks to find a ferry to Tonic Island. That is when a manly form stops you.

: "You. You are the documentary team. Is that correct, yes or no?"
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2015, 07:41:14 pm »

"Uh yes, yes we are actually. Why did you want to know?" Thomas replied, taken aback somewhat by the appearance of the man that had asked them the question.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2015, 07:51:43 pm »

He furrows a mighty brow and stares down at Thomas. The man gives off an intimidating presence. He gestures to a ship off in the distance at the side of a roughly hewn pier.

: "I'm your captain. Get on the ship."
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2015, 07:37:08 am »

Leaf put a smile onto his face as they were approached by the man,
"It's nice to meet you, did Spielzburg organise this?"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2015, 09:40:57 am »

Lina takes half a step towards Frank before responding.

"Whew, I'm glad something was already arranged. I wasn't sure if we would have enough money to hire a ship on our own... Did Speilzy hire you to take us all over, or are you just our ride to Tonic?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2015, 10:04:57 am »

((Huh. Could have sworn I posted for this, but it would seem it never got sent.))

Captain manly issues forth a black wad of tar and launches it into the ocean before replying curtly.

: "No."

After a brief interlude of silence, he adds on.

: "The witch requested that I send for you. She's onboard. Waiting. As I am I. Any other trifling questions?"
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2015, 10:59:21 am »

"Ah. So it's a strange man, that we don't know. Who wasn't sent to us by our boss. Who claims to be working for a witch. Who wants to take us all on his boat and presumably out to a secluded part of the ocean. Well. The only trifling question I have left is Would you go with yourself, or maybe better, let your kids, if you have any, go with the strange man, in that situation?"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29