Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21228 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 03:32:00 pm »

Lina flashed a smile at Franklin "Good idea Mr Bodyguard! Make sure to get my good side! This is a lot more exciting and involved then I thought this would be, it's sounds like a proper adventure! Perfect." With that she picked up Johan and sat back down on her chair. "I don't think I have any questions then, we'll definitely make this the best documentary ever!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 pm »

Corrie scratches the back of her head lightly and smiles.
"Alright, I get it! Any suggestions for really good places in the islands for, like... natural beauty and whatever else you want us to emphasize?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 05:11:55 pm »

Leaf smiled as Mirage jumped up onto his chair, he headed over towards the pokemon and sat down beside it.
"Sorry she's not good around new people". He fell into silence as the two people spoke, at the end of their talk his smile was even wider. Unable to really think of any questions his gaze went towards Franklin as he spoke "Are you sure?"

"Well, I'm not sure you want the sort of situation where you would need a bodyguard on film anyway..."

Franklin scratches his chin. "If it is as simple as turn on and point in the right direction, we might even eventually find a Pokemon to do it..."

Lina flashed a smile at Franklin "Good idea Mr Bodyguard! Make sure to get my good side! This is a lot more exciting and involved then I thought this would be, it's sounds like a proper adventure! Perfect." With that she picked up Johan and sat back down on her chair. "I don't think I have any questions then, we'll definitely make this the best documentary ever!"

The man offers a quiet smile and a nod.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 05:29:29 pm »

"Not really, I got what you were saying for the most part. Just leaves where the rest of them are arriving here since I haven't been on this particular island before." Thomas said, nodding once in compliance.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 06:06:51 pm »

Johan sprawled out in Lina's arms while Mirage dug in next to Leaf. His trainer would think he would be being social. Really all Mirage wanted to do was to put another body between him and the Magby. Spielzburg smiled broadly and shrugged his shoulders at Corrie's question. The rest of his buddy shrugged with him and jiggled and quivered like a horrifying mass of gelatin when his shoulders went back down.

"Jaa! Das ist ein gutes question. Eet haz no real answer I'm afraid, but I can give ein hint or tsoo. Zees ees mein area oof experteez! Furst, speak to ze locals. Zey know better zan me vere all of zee good zights are. Zecund, you have ein map. Vell... Not yet. Boot, ven you arrive you vill get a Pokedex. Eet doos have a map! You can use eet to feend places to go. Feenally, just plain explore! Soom of mein bestest shots vere vound ven I vas looking vor nothing at all. Ich habe faith in du!"

---

: "Airfield west of Shanty Town. Forty-Five minutes. Enough time to see at least one place on the town. But I would make it quick. They'll be here faster than you think. If there are no further questions I shall take leave of you. President McKenzie himself will be leading the ceremonies."

Checking to make sure the Nurse wasn't in earshot, the agent leaned in close enunciated his words quite clearly to Thomas.

"I'll only say this once. Don't. Be. Late."

Then like a flash he was out the door.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:19:50 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 11:47:04 am »

Leaf absentmindedly stroked Mirage as she snuggled up next to him,
"If you're sure then, I would understand if you wanted to be visual at some point though."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 02:57:10 pm »

Thomas blinked after the agent lent in, and quite clearly made it known to him that he wasn't to be late. Forty-five minutes to get acquainted with the place before the crew of the documentary arrived, and he had to be there when they did lest the (Assumed) consequences came to fore.

Still, with the windfall, and the pokedex that could use a little redecorating, Thomas assumed the only thing he lacked was any proper equipment for what lay ahead. Grabbing his bandoleer and messenger bag and putting them on himself, grabbing the single 'ball attached to the bandoleer and letting it's occupant out.

"Alright Kolya, we have two and a half thousand to blow in forty-five minutes. Anything you think we're going to need, or am I just going to go all out with it?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 05:21:19 pm »

*Pop*

"..."

Kolya looks up at Thomas. The Abra was a bit more than vaguely annoyed that it had to be woken up for such a petty trifle. But it was something that it was used to at this point and the Abra dealt with it's trainers quirks with patience. For now. There would come a time where he would get back at him for this. Soon. For now, Kolya seemed to shrug before flashing an image of yoghurt into Thomas' mind. Having not quite mastered the art of the human language, it was content to try to use images to convey it's complex wishes. Kolya hadn't sent Thomas an image of yoghurt because it had a hankering for yoghurt. All that it really ever wanted was to keep the spoon. But nooooo. He was always throwing the little white spoons away when he was done with them.

It was enough to make poor Kolya cry sometimes at night.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 04:36:39 pm »

Unfortunately for Kolya, any subtleties his transplanted image had was mostly ignored, or altogether missed it's mark, as Thomas shrugged. "Sorry, I'm not getting any more of that stuff after what happened after." He replied, zotting up the Abra unceremoniously before heading out of the pokecenter, head off down through the twisting and turning alleys of the shanty.

Thomas eventually reaches one of the local markets inside the town.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 05:26:10 pm »

Eventually doesn't take long. Less than five minutes actually.

A short walk down the road and the Local Market was beckoning him to enter. Bright stands of red and white were set up in haphazard displays of color and light that gleamed in the midday sun. Shopkeeps kept their goods displayed in the open air; strings of berries and little snacks. Others sold a few assorted odds and ends, mostly items of poor quality. One old woman off in her own little corner of the market seemed to have set up a little occult shop with a homemade sign proclaiming, "The Oddities of the East!"

Unfortunately, due to the chaotic nature of the Marketplace, it was going to be hard to actually find what Thomas actually wanted. But perhaps with a bit of searching he could find something.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 11:40:12 pm »

For the first thing, Thomas start walking around the various stalls, still becoming accustomed to his new surroundings; the sounds, the lights and the people. The somewhat foreign environs took time for him to acclimate, leaving him stumbling around the market like he was a tourist.

At the very least he had an idea on what he was looking for: A hunting store or something close to it.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 03:24:41 am »

Leaf continued to stroke Mirage as they flew along towards their destination, he was silent for a while as he looked around his new partners then finally he spoke.
"So where is everyone from?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 05:37:15 am »

Having whisked Bluk back into her lap, Corrie responded cheerily to Leaf's question:
"I'm from Lumiose City over in Kalos! My papa's a chef there."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 09:05:52 am »

((Perception Check! Roll(3d6)+1= 10!))

It takes you a bit longer than usual, a frustrating 10 minute search the market. 30 minutes remain. As it turns out, hunting isn't a very popular sport on such a small island. However, further searching does yield that at the very least someone has set up a small-time fishing stand.

A small board out front lists a few small items. A few of the items to be a bit more expensive than usual... Supply and demand you suppose.

BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:17 am »

"I'm from the great Castelia City, in Unova. How about you, Uh, Leaf?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29