Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21221 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2014, 06:27:54 pm »

Thomas continued walking briskly yet silently up to the plane soon approaching the group that was further from the plane than the others, and tapping who he assumed was the leader of that group on the shoulder.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2014, 07:06:07 pm »

Spoiler: Intuition Check! (click to show/hide)

You identify the leader with ease, although you have to reach up to get McKenzie's shoulder. He turns around with a smiling expression.

"Oh hey! Look who decided to show up. You must be the guide, right? Thomas... Volda or sumtin?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2014, 07:15:04 pm »

Leaf reached a hand up to stroke Mirage, still smiling as he watched the other pokemon.
"A gym battle sounds interesting, what do the rest of you think?" he waved towards Thomas as he approached them "Hello"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2014, 07:16:30 pm »

"I think a gym battle could be quite nice! Oh, and you're guide? Nice to meet you!"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2014, 07:25:44 pm »

"Volya, and yes, I'm the guide. Speaking of which though, I hope you've managed to arrange a boat or some akin to if we're getting anywhere else in the chain. Otherwise, it's just going to be a long swim just getting anything close by, much less Sonorous."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2014, 09:11:31 pm »

"A gym battle? That sounds like a wondrous debut for m us! And a great first arc for the documentary. Speaking of the documentary, I think we should we get ready to film the press conference yes?" Lina said looking over at the camera.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2014, 01:40:39 am »

Franklin shakes off his initial hesitance quickly, and adopts a confident smile. Saxton was cut from the same cloth as him, albiet a bigger, meaner piece of the same cloth, so Franklin had a good enough idea of how he worked. The trick was to remain confident, without coming across as cocky.

"Heh. I'm sure these kids will do just fine in putting a green gym leader in her place..." He declares softly, before turning to the newcomer, "and I'm sure the league will set the kids up with a boat if they want footage of all the islands, right McKenzie?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2014, 02:52:05 pm »

Saxon grinned a little bit out of the side of his mouth at Frank's mentioning of putting the new Gym Leader in her place. Or perhaps he was smiling at the fact that he would be receiving challengers. It was hard to tell whether he heard Franklin's muttering or not. Regardless, he cuts in before McKenzie has time to speak by throwing his hand out and walking into the middle of the group.

"Yeah... She's right fresh. You'll want to go easy on the gal. She got lucky when she got the job and..." Glancing over at McKenzie, Saxon continued. "...as for a boat, you don' need anything fancy to get over to the island. Old puffy shirt here hasn't been able to link up an island ferry system just yet. I've been raggin him about dat, but nope. You'll have to find your own way to each of the islands. Heh! Shouldn't be too hard I reckon. Just check in on down round dockside; I'm sure you'll find someone round those parts to help ya out if ya ask em pretty please. A few of the boys down at yard are from Tonic Island originally before they moved here. Not much opportunity on a dead island like that ya see."

Here McKenzie finally butted in to get a word. His face seemed flushed with annoyance.

"I'll have something arranged eventually, but yes. You'll have to find a your way around the island chain at least for a little while. Now. If you'll excuse me I need to see to it that everything is ready for the conference. I'll try to make it quick. I wouldn't hold Saxon here any longer than I have to."

With that he turned and started marching down the airfield. The bodyguards followed him in suit. Saxon turned to watch him go, his great big form producing equally great big belly laughs that shook. Saxon then turned back and addressed Lina, his voice slurring in a long thick drawl.

"Ya... I reckon you'd better get that there camera ready dearie. Old puff and blow there wouldn't want to miss having a single camera on him. Hehe heeeee!"
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2014, 07:24:50 pm »

Leaf gave a small wave to McKenzie as he left, he paused for a moment fidgeting with his hands before he spoke.
"So how big is the conference going to be?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2014, 03:03:47 pm »

Saxon idly scratches his bearded chin and looks out at the crowd.
: "Ohh... I'd reckon dere's only a few reporters here right now. A lot of em got flown in all fancy like for show."
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2014, 07:11:40 pm »

Leaf's eyes drifted towards the crowd, his smile growing slightly wider as he did so.
"Ok then, are we going to go up there soon?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »

"JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Suddenly the bulky form of Spielzburg appears at the entranceway of the airplane as if to respond to Leaf's query. With rolling front flip somersault thing, he explodes from out of the plane and comes to a skidding, running stop before he can accidentally hurt someone with his seemingly impossible gymnastic skills. Bluk skitters away in fear and retreats to Korrie with wide eyes of fear. Johan claps his tiny hands in a highly amused fashion. Mirage, having been surrounded by enough eccentrics in his lifetime doesn't react much more than tightening his claws a tiny bit and keeping a careful gaze on the frightening, yet undeniably jolly large man. Spleizburg's body remains in motion for a few seconds in such a fashion that it would seem he would be about to fall, but by some miracle by obscene sky overlords he manages stand upright. A large teethy grin stretches across his face and he begins to prance about happily.

"OOOOOoooh! Ze cameras! I can hear zem roll! Come! Come quickly mein liebchens! Ve muss get ready! Du!" Spielzburg points dramatically at Frank and produces the film camera. "You ver elected to hold ze camera, ja? Dann hold ze camera! Ve vouldn't vant to miss ze footage, ja? JAAAAAaa!!"

With the camera unceremoniously dumped upon Frank. Spielzburg claps his hands and ecstatically jumps. Small shockwaves are produced as Saxon looks on in mute horror and confusion. But Spielzburg is dead to the world. Behind his eyes there is something not quite all together human. But there is no such time to dwell on such thoughts for he quickly begins to start ushering the party to the end of the airfield with periodic pokes and prods of his gelatinous hands.

"Come zu mit! Come zu mit! Ve're starting here zoon ja! Faster! Valk mit me liebchens! Eins, zwei, DREI, eins, zwei, DREI! Ach, zee how much FUN ve are having!"

Whether by your own volition or not, you eventually find yourself at the end of the tarmac. While your attention was distracted by Spielzburg, a few wooden chairs had been set up for each of the trainers minus Frank. A press conference podium had also been set up, with various microphones and other implements sticking out of it haphazardly like a bouquet of metal flowers. Spielzburg quickly finds each of the kids a seat muttering a few words in a broken language that you can't quite understand without putting too much effort into translation. At long last, he breaks off from you all and marches to the podium. A few locals have gathered in to watch the spectacle while the reporters hush and huddle; writing furiously into their notepads as Spielzburg approaches the podium. His arms swing in massive, long streaking arks and his face appears on the edge of bursting. He grabs the podium and quickly bellows into the microphones with the fury of a thousand happy producers. The microphones squeak a bit as somewhere a frightened intern manning the soundboard desperately attempts to lower the volume.

"HAAAAAAALLOOOOOOO!! Wilkommen zu the Muse Islands! To day, ve are pleazed to announce ze newest documentary from Spliezburg Productions, Ze Muse Region Chronicles! Zoon, you vill be able to ze the Muse Region mit your very eyez as eef you vere there yourself! Vatch mit wunder as zese fine liebchens explore ze fine beauty of ze island! Cringe in fear as zey battle fearsome foez and Gym Leaders zat the ze vorld has not yet zeen before! Look in awe as zey become stronger az trainers, und perhaps... Ze furst champions of ze Muse League!" A few muffled gasps escape the crowd in confusion. "Zat ees right! Zese trainers have been entered to be apart of ze first annual Muse Region Conference! Only time vill tell if zey vill become worthy of thee title, boot who knows ja?! JAAAAAAA!! Und now, a vord from our sponsor... President McKenzie ladies und gentlemen!"

Polite clapping issues forth from the crowd when Spielzburg removes himself from the mike and McKenzie takes his place on the stand. He walks up to the podium with confidence and poise. A cheeky little grin makes it's way onto the side of his face.

"Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I am President McKenzie of the Pokémon League's Department of Annexation. It is my absolute pleasure to be with you all today on this fine, splendorous island. Now, as some you may know, for the last couple of years we at the Department of Annexation have been working with the local governments of the Muse Islands to finally induct them into our fine association. It's taken time. It's taken a bit of elbow grease. It's taken some generous funding from our superiors way up there on the Indigo Plateau, but we're nearly there. This year, I am pleased to announce the first annual Muse Region Conference will be taking placed on the Island of Eternity, Sonorous Island! This tournament of course will be used to decide the first Champion of the Muse Region. But that's not all..."

"Even if they lose in the tournament, all applicants will be put into consideration to become an inaugural member of the Muse Region Elite Four, a position of great pride and honor that encompasses all of the best features of being a trainer. Only the best candidates will be considered for this position, so all worthy trainers should give it their all to be the best that they can be so that they may participate in the upcoming tournament! Now..."

"I would like to thank these youthful trainers sitting in these chairs right over here. These trainers will be playing a key role in my vision for the Muse Islands. As you may know, not much information is readily available about the Muse Region. It remains in many senses, one of the last great frontiers of the world. Their job is to illuminate that mystery, to help foster the connection between old and new. Together, they will show the Modern World a new land with many new possibilities ripe for the taking. And for that; I thank them from the bottom of my heart."

McKenzie initiates the applause and motions for the trainers to stand up. The response is modest, but the crowd itself was modest so that was to be expected. Spielzburg gives the most enthusiastic response; his hands flying together like a thunderclap as a pair of manly tears glide softly into his soft beard. McKenzie takes his place back at the podium and makes one final address to the crowd.

"Finally, I thank you all for coming out today. I have some business to attend to on Sonorous Island, but stay tuned for the finalized date, time, and location of the first annual Muse League Pokémon Conference. To those listening in on at home, I want to see as many of you trainers there as possible. Let's make this first conference one to remember! Go, fight and be the best that you can be!"

More applause, a bit more passionate this time erupts from the audience. The security guards aren't quite able to keep the reporters back and strain against them like an ocean tide. McKenzie throws two V-Fingered fists into the air and turns for the plane. Spielzburg, the bodyguards, and Saxon follow in quickstep. The local security are no longer able to hold back the tide as they pour onto the tarmac. They run towards you!

...And pass right by. They seem far more interested in McKenzie than you all right now. McKenzie and co quickly disappear into the plane which begins to take off whether the reporters like or not. One desperately attempts to cling for the plane for that exclusive interview, but interviews be damned. McKenzie had a job to do. The plane lifted off the ground and the reporter lost her grip close to the ground. She skitters for a small ways, but continues chasing the plane even though the effort is beyond futile.

One particular reporter pulls out a Pokeball and hops onto a Pidgeot in hot pursuit of a story while the other landlocked reporters look on in awe at his preparation. His intrepid intern with a Pidgey is not so lucky and fails to achieve lift off.

It strikes as you as a good time to leave before these story mongers lay eyes on you.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2014, 08:32:40 pm »

'Right, I think it would  be a very good time to leave now. I'd rather not have to face a few journalists that I elbowed on the way in, especially if they want payback."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:34:12 pm by Taricus »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2014, 08:37:28 pm »

Corrie holds the terrified Eevee in her arms, Bluk shivering because Spielzburg is terrifying.
"Haha! Maybe, these reporters do seem a little more... eccentric than the ones I've seen before!"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:40 pm »

"Hum? But wouldn't it just be a perfect way to announce to the world the start of our adventure with at least a small interview or newspaper article? Although perhaps they do seem a bit excitable. Although hey! If you are the guide, do you know where we could possibly procure the use of a boat to transport us to Tonic Island? It seems like that might be the first stop on our tour here! Well, that or whatever passes as the largest town on Secund Island." Lina says, still looking over at the crowds of reporters with wonder in her eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29