Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21216 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2014, 08:55:41 pm »

McKenzie nodded up and down only half listening to the conversation.

"Yeah... Yeah. That's great! I'm glad that you kids had fun. Unfortunately I can't stay long, but I wanted to give these to you personally. With grandeur of a man of power, he snaps his finger at the body guard to his right. He brandishes a briefcase and pops it open. Four Pokedexes lay inside. McKenzie picked up one and tossed it into the palm of his hand. "Alright... So! This is as you imagine is Pokedex. It can keep track of all your vital data and stuff like that... Pokémon information... I'm sure you'll figure it out. Here you go dear."

McKenzie places the Pokedex into Lina's outstretched hand and continues talking.

"There are four Pokedexes here and I've already seen it arranged that your guide has one as welll. Mr. Ziti, that means there is one extra for you. Last one to the right with the black sticker, that one's specially made for you. We'll be starting the press conference here soon enough. None of you have to do any talking. I'll take care of that. I don't plan on taking too long, since I've got a meeting out on Sonorous Island with that guy over there." He points to the chubby man standing off to the side. "It's nothing that's too worrisome. We've just got some things that we need to sort out. Adult' stuff. Anyways, feel free to take a Pokedex for now."

---

The agent from before stares at Thomas with a scowl. He approaches and whispers to Thomas in a low voice.

"Just go on in. I've given instructions to keep an eye for you. The guards will let you pass." The agent pauses. His left eyebrow raises quizzically. "You're early by the way. Good job on that."

After giving Thomas a polite pat on the back, he fades back into the crowd and pulls out a pen and a pad of paper.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2014, 12:36:03 am »

Frank waits for the others to take their dexs before collecting his own, giving McKenzie another nod, and examining the device.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2014, 05:21:34 am »

Somewhat reassured by the agent Thomas started pushing his way through the crowd, sharply elbowing the kidneys of the more stubborn members of the press in his way up to the security guards.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2014, 09:46:48 am »

Nearly all members of the press are stubborn. It's sort of their job. As a result, many of them end up with sharp elbows in their kidneys. Hah! Take that society!

Meanwhile, the security guards stoically continue holding the line against the reporter tide. When they spot Thomas approaching, they make a small hole so that he may pass through.
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2014, 12:30:43 pm »

Leaf accepted his pokedex with enthusiasm, a bright smile on his face as he examined the device.
"Thank you"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2014, 01:26:06 pm »

Linas smile goes down a few notches when the man ignores her, and then down even a bit more when he tells her that she 'doesn't have to speak' during the press conference. But still she accepts the pokedex and sends out in the cheeriest voice she can muster a "Thank you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »

With much more actual cheer than poor Lina, Corrie nods enthusiastically as she receives her pokedex.
"Thank you very much!"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2014, 12:23:38 am »

McKenzie smiles broadly and nods in appreciation.

"Heh heh, there! I'm glad you like them. Now let's see here." He looks over to spot the fourth companion off on his lonesome. "Hmph. Hey Saxon, why don't you come over and greet these kids. You might be seeing them around a bit."

In reply, the large bulking behemoth in a suit grunts in reply before making his way over. His cane clinks a little bit in the dust. Pulling out a hankerchief and wiping his face, he begins to speak.

"I do declare Mister McKenzie that I can hardly see the point of... Oh." He stops for a second and looks appraisingly at Frank. A tingle of surprise seems to enter his face. But it disappears quickly. His demeanor as a whole however seems to change dramatically for the better. "Hrmph. Where was I. As I was I can hardly see the point of saying hello to these... Fine individuals when undoubtedly we would be having a better occasion to say hello than this... Passing time. Yeah? But in the meantime... Th' name's Saxon. I run the Shanty Town Gym on the northern end of the island, a lil joint I call the Rook's Nest. Drop on by when I get back. If ya' think you're strong enough anyways. Hohoho... At the very least stop by for a drink. I wouldn't mind chattin it up a bit."

His lips stretch into a grin, and his eyes linger for a small time on Frank. The effect is unnerving but brief. He soon turns to the kids as if nothing had transpired and tips his hat.

"It is a pleasure to see such young faces getting interested in being a trainer... D'ya mind if I see yer Pokémon?"
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2014, 12:35:10 am »

"A Gym leader? How Fascinating. And I don't mind at all Sir." Lina says as she takes out her pokeball and releases Johan next to herself. She bends down and pats Johan on the back. "Say hello to Mr Saxon Johan."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2014, 07:29:06 am »

"Nice to meet you. I would be glad to show you my pokemon" With a smile and a fluid motion he released Mirage from her pokeball
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2014, 11:04:27 am »

"That won't be a problem at all! C'mon Bluk."
Corrie cheerily takes out her pokeball and sends out her little Eevee.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2014, 11:39:03 am »

Franklin returns the appraising look. Is Saxon somebody who he might recognize, or did he merely decide that it would be prudent to be nice to the kids with the big bodyguard?

Regardless, he moves his hand to his Pokeball in case of trouble, but doesn't deploy his Inkay. The man, after all, was addressing the 'young faces'.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2014, 04:48:56 pm »

Spoiler: Intuition Roll! (click to show/hide)

*Pop**Pop**Pop*!

All three Pokémon are simultaneously released from confinement. Bluk immediately starts to groom itself, ensuring that it's puffy mane remains clean of any trace of dirt and grime. Johan looks menacingly sweet at Mirage and reaches over to give it a hug. Zorua seeks out the high ground; namely, Leaf's shoulder. It clambers up with relative ease, it's tiny claws digging in just a little bit. Having lost a chance to hug the illusive fox, Johan turns it's attentions to it's surroundings. He emits a small squeak and a burst of flame before toppling backwards upon seeing Saxon. The Gym Leader roars with laughter.

"Heh heh haaa! Well, seems to me you have some right cuties there kids. Seems to me though they've never been in a proper fight. Maybe yall should hold off from challenging me just yet. Wouldn't want to hurt em on accident. I fear I'm just a lil bit above your skill level as trainers. That goes for you too big guy! Heh ha!" Saxon reaches around and gives Frank a nice big friendly pat on the shoulder. His hand feels heavy like a rock. "I'll be back on the isle in... How many days again?"

"Two three... Maybe a bit more than half a week? I'll try to speed the progress along if you'd like, but tt'll take a few days to get all the details settled out."

Saxon waved his hand in a nonchalant manner.

"But of course... But of course. I suppose in the meantime, you kids could consider hopping the ferry over to Tonic Island. The Gym Leader there is a fresh one. Heh heh... She'd do well to actually battle for once insteada riding her grandfather's legacy." Frowning, Saxon digs his cane into the ground. McKenzie shoots him an angry glare and his mood improves considerably about the subject. "Well uh... What I mean is that she's just about as fresh as you kids are. She uh... Inherited the job after the old man of Tonic Island passed on. If by chance you do want to take the Muse League challenge, I'd start with her. But that's assuming that's yer line of interest lays in that vein of though. Bah! How I ramble on so. I'm like my old lady, crooning like a Murkrow and nosing into everybody's interest. Heh heh HA!"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:22:59 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:50 pm »

Thomas ducks through the small hole the security guards made in their line for him, slowly approaching the group standing out infront of the plane.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »

Like an amorphous mass, the security guards cover up the hole. A few of the reporters seemed miffed about the incident, but that's just fine. They'll just have to deal with it. Up ahead the airplane looms.

There seems to be two groups of people engrossed in conversation with each other. Perhaps these are the people you're supposed to be guiding?
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29