Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21217 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2014, 01:22:18 pm »

Thomas turn look in the direction the sound of footsteps came from, somewhat oblivious to the plane that had quite quickly landed.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2014, 01:25:27 pm »

Leaf was pale as he exited the plane, he forced a weak smile onto his face as he stepped out into fresh air. Glad to be on firm ground again he took in a deep breath and studied his surroundings.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2014, 01:32:39 pm »

Lina shakily exited the plane with the others, taking a moment to take in the airport that they had landed on. After taking it in she turned her head to Franky and asked "Do you think we should start filming now? For the opener of the grand adventure-documentary and all."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2014, 02:10:14 pm »

Corrie shakily bobbed out of the plane, having to make sure she wouldn't fall down the exit stairs. That done, she tried desperately not to be ill and inserted the following card, letters trailing off of the paper:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2014, 03:30:28 pm »

The sudden appearance of the sun stings a little bit, but details about the surroundings come easily enough.

You are all on the end of a dirt tarmac of the Secund Island Airport. Surrounded by an iron fence to keep any Pokémon out, the only other noticeable feature in sight is the control tower and a supplemental office and presumably holding area for trainers and packages alike. Surrounding the airfield, there is sparse foliage that is only broken up by the occasional tree. Leaf may notice that there are however a few stumps of rotting wood here and there. The area had likely been a bit more wooded before they plopped the Airfield down. Coming from across the track, a group of four men seemed to be approaching. A handful of them were wearing navy suits ties and sunglasses, while the other  Two seemed to be flanking the man in the middle, while the fourth and chubbiest one wore a black suit stood off at a small distance. Judging by the darker tones of his skin, you would guess that he's a native. The middle man walks tall with an air of importance.

Off in the distance behind them further yet, a group of people with cameras, notepads, and microphones were busily pushing up against the local security detail that was keeping them back. The plane of course is still right beside you. The Co-Pilot stands there patiently watching the proceedings like a sentinel.

---

You turn quickly, catching the glimpse of a woman's pink skirt. Along with the rest of the woman herself. Clad in a green vest, she smiles at you absentmindedly and keeps walking toward you. A thin pink haze surrounds her and her eyes appear to be a bit glazed over. At the very least though, she seems to be walking, which, judging by her demeanor seems to be an accomplishment for her.

"Heeeeey deeeere pumpkin. Yoou goin to theee airport too?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2014, 04:44:52 pm »

Thomas merely rolled his eyes, before setting back off towards the now stopped plane, leaving the woman where she was as he hurriedly ran.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2014, 04:54:08 pm »

Leaf's smile became a bit firmer as he looked out across the airport. His eyes hovered for a moment on the stumps of the trees but his attention was immediately drawn towards the men approaching them. He gave them a friendly wave as they drew closer.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2014, 05:45:10 pm »

Franklin's eyes narrow as he spots the people in the distance with the cameras and notepads. He turns to the others with a slight frown: "Huh... I was wasn't under the impression that this island was big enough to support such a ...vibrant press core. If they start bugging any of you kids, just let me know. I will take care of it."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2014, 06:01:05 pm »

Corrie smiles and steps so that she's in front where the press is concerned. She claps her hands together.
"Oh, don't worry! I'm quite used to dealing with the press, I've been learning to do so for years!"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »

The entourage closes the gap quickly. The fourth man, the local, hangs back. The man in the middle however returns a friendly nod to Leaf. His dusty hair shining in the sun, he wasted further time into launching into friendly dialogue. He waved his arms out of his duster jacket and patted himself down.

"Greetings! Th' name's McKenzie, President of the Pokémon Leagues' Board of Annexation. And that would make you all the kids who'll be working on the documentary. I trust you had a safe flight, yes?

---

Thomas absconds, leaving the woman in his dust! He arrives at the airfield where a small mass of reporters seem to be clamoring for information. The agent from before I also present. He spots Thomas quickly and gives him a subtle nod toward the airfield.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:16:40 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:02 pm »

Lina moves forward and responds to the man. "Yup, I'm Lina, and the flight was. Quite colorful! It's nice to finally meet you McKenzie." She offers her hand to shake.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:31:41 pm by Criptfeind »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 09:26:49 pm »

Thomas moves somewhat awkwardly towards the crowd blocking the path to the plane, staying behind the security detail patiently.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 10:44:44 pm »

"Aha, well, mostly safe! Spielzburg is a brilliant documentarist, but I think that's really where his talents lie! My name's Corrie Kappel, Mr. McKenzie."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2014, 11:32:33 am »

Leaf kept his smile as the men approached,
"Hello, I'm Leaf. The flight was very interesting"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2014, 01:11:03 pm »

Franklin offers a curt nod, and remains silent. The man was, after all, addressing the kids.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29