Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21232 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Tonic Island
« Reply #330 on: February 02, 2015, 07:54:13 pm »

Corrie whistles as she looks at the big flock, walking up to one of the Mareep and gently putting a hand on it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2015, 08:06:45 pm »

Franklin shrugs, picks out a random Mareep, and approaches it with the camera for a close up. "I don't think we have a concrete timeline as for when we challenge Celesta. I think some of us want to... I wouldn't be opposed myself, but we should also film some of the local wildlife out in the rocky areas, and that might be hard to do on a late night fluff run."

The large man kneels down in front of the Mareep he had picked to film, and points the camera at it. "Honestly, I think we might be better off visiting with the wildlife a bit first. We saw Celesta use what looks like a flying Pokemon on the bridge, so I suspect Rock Pokemon will be both easy to find and useful against the gym on this island."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 02, 2015, 10:47:35 pm »

"Hum, maybe that's a good idea... Do you think that there will be those type of pokemon in that mirror cave that that Lily told us about?" Lina asked as she knelt down to pet the Mareep.

"They are such fluffy pokemon up close. I don't suppose you know what their wool is used for, generally?" She directed to the rancher.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2015, 04:32:12 pm »

The Mareep seem fond of Corrie and Lina. You have to pet carefully to in order to avoid riling up the mass of electric wool, but you get the job done. Johan goes after the fluffy sheep Pokémon as well, which they don't seem to mind. Bluk seems to mind a little bit however as he cleans his immaculate coat. Corrie can tell from experience he's a bit jealous.

Frank however, succeeds in only freaking out the sheep. The Mareep he approaches takes a few halting steps back with wide eyes of fear as the camera lens focuses deep into little blue face with it's black eyes. As he kneels down for that close up, the camera picture blurs just a little bit. Despite being guarded against water damage, it would seem that static fields can disrupt the camera lens. The Mareep however, is not amused by this. It "baa"s loudly and tumbles over in a such a noisy manner that catches the attention of Giles.

: "Hey now. Don't be riling them Mareep up too much. They don' mean no harm, but get em jostled on accident and they may shock ya all the same."

: "Now, to answer your question, we do just a little bit. Every so often or so, we get a ship that takes the wool and take it Halu-Halu City. There they'll either de-charge the wool for electric proof clothing and cloth goods production like they used to or they'll go ahead and run it on their generator magnets every so often in order to increase general output of the plant."

: "I hear there's some Gym-Type lady in Unova or something or other who uses straight electric wool in some her outfits. Apparently, she's rich enough to buy it by the boatload for her whatchamacallit shows and-" He scratches his chin, clearly confused about something or another.

: "Humph. Now that don' figure our right. I've got a gal missing."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2015, 04:45:09 pm »

"One of them is missing? Do they normally wander off? Or do they stay together a lot? Should we be worried?" Lina said as she walked over to the upset Mareep. Once she was several feet away from it she knelt down the grass and moves as non threateningly towards it as she can, talking softly to it to try to calm it for the camera.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2015, 11:17:05 pm »

Session Summary

During this last session, the party assisted Giles in finding one of his lost sheep Pokemon, which had wandered off from the main herd. Through his guidance, they found the sheep up on top of cliff side. Little Mary however, was no longer quite so little. The Pokémon that saw there was a Flaaffy that was much larger than any Flaaffy should be and was covered in dense electric wool. As it moved forward, it loosed a Thunderbolt that incapacitated Giles. Leaf, Corrie, and Lina quickly grabbed him and brought him to the center, while Frank and Thomas fought the large sheep. Through great effort and a deluge of stat debuffs, they were able to faint the great beast before it could cause anymore harm.

Meanwhile, it took the other half of the party an insane rush to get Giles to the local clinic. His skin had gone cold and clammy with sweat as he was laid upon the operating table. Agnes quickly went about performing chest compressions as Lily gently pushed for Lina and the rest of the party to leave. They met up at where the Flaaffy was and set about burning the wool in order to create handholds on it's pink skin. They took down the mountain once more as the evening sun disappeared and the moon took it's place in the sky. Lina and Corrie acquired minor bruising, but they were able to get the Flaaffy to the ranch house. A pawing noise could be heard coming from inside...

100 Bonus EXP and one Trainer EXP has been awarded. You may distribute the Pokémon EXP to any member of your party.

---

As you open up the ratchet and hastily repaired door to the ranch house, you're greeted by the soft face of a freshly sheared Mareep. You recall it as the Mareep Giles was shearing when you first met him. It backs up in surprise when it sees you, giving worried glances at the large Flaaffy. It's tail flashes incessantly in a halting rhythmic pattern. Otherwise, there is no one else home. There are some stables off to your left, including a large one that you presume to be Boufa's and smaller holding pens for Mareep and Flaaffy. The middle of the room remains open, save for stool. Off to the right of the main area, there is a table that has a few tools and other assorted odds and ends on it. Further right and further in the building you recall is Gile's living area, where his kitchen, bedroom, and dining room and one combo is located.

Kolya and Bonnie are beginning to strain under the amount of weight they are both carrying through Telekinesis. You'll need to find a place to let Little Mary down quickly.
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2015, 01:38:44 pm »

Franklin gives a gesture towards the larger pen. "Lets get it in there for now."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2015, 01:45:54 pm »

"Do... You think we should try to shear it? So it's wool isn't such a issue if it wakes up?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2015, 03:51:35 pm »

"I'd rather not mess with the Old Man's Pokemon any more than we already have. It is back here safe where nobody is going to kill it. I think we have already gone above and beyond."

Franklin scratches his nose, before grabbing the over-sized sheep to move it the final few yards into the pen.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2015, 12:24:51 pm »

Kolya and Bonnie are horribly relieved when you plop the oversized Flaaffy into the pen. Carrying it all the way down the hill seems to have been trying for them. As Little Mary hits the ground, small sparks issue about it's wooly frame. At that moment, the Requiesce Town Gym Leader appeared at the door frame. Her Togetic floated up against her, beating it's tiny wings furiously to stay in the air.

: "I... I saw the door was open... What's going on?"
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2015, 12:50:31 pm »

"Well, we were filming the ranch, but one of the sheep was missing, so we went off with Giles into the hills, and we found it!" Lina says pointing to the oversized sheepzilla. "But it attacked us, it badly hurt Giles, so me, leaf, and Corrie brought him down to Lilys place, Thomas and Frank stayed behind to stop it from chasing us and then subdued the sheep."

Lina looks towards the monster sheep with worry in her face "Do you know anything that could cause something like this to happen? It doesn't seem natural for a pokemon to just become so big and angry all of a sudden."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 14, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »

Franklin decides to let Lina do the talking here, and gives Bonnie a grateful pat on the head before looking for some sort of lock or chain to secure the pen with, just in case the sheep woke up before Giles was healthy enough and otherwise ready to deal with it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2015, 04:36:08 pm »

: "I... I'll... need to check on Giles then... Are... Are you sure it was... Angry...? They're usually... Nice."

Bonnie lets out a happy giggle and turns upside down. The pen seems to have be an old fashion latch where you have to simply swing it down onto the other side of the post to keep the gate shut. (Perception 8!) In the under compartment of the work bench, you find a coil of herding rope. It's not much, but you could tie it around the gate to keep it from opening if someone or something tampers with the latch.
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 14, 2015, 09:08:20 pm »

"It certainly seemed angry. When it saw Giles it immediately let loose a bolt of electricity at him. And when we tried to help him it attacked us... Well... Thinking about it, it does look very overgrown... I don't know if it's possible, but if it could have accidentally loosed that bolt when it only meant to point because of it's overgrown wool... And then thought that we were doing something bad to Giles.... But that doesn't seem that likely."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »

: "...I see..."

Celesta seems doubtful, but doesn't press the issue.

: "...Where is your... Friend?"
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29