Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21229 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Tonic Island
« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2015, 08:22:42 pm »

: " Mister Giles... He... He owns the Mareep...  He's... Probably shearing them right now... But he knows the hills better than most... If... By chance... If your Pokémon need healed... Miss Agnes... She takes care of Pokémon sometimes... We... Ah... Haven't been connected yet... Would you like to meet them?"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:55:22 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2015, 12:14:01 pm »

"Oh! That would be lovely to get to see some of those up close! Unfortunately I think we'll need to see to our pokemon after that fight, this Miss Agnes, you said she can take care of pokemon? Can you tell us where she is so we can get a checkup?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2015, 01:01:11 pm »

: "Oh... Of course... Just this way..."

Celesta leads you down a small path back towards the bridge. A larger building was erected here.

: "She... Miss Agnes. She lives in there... Just knock... And... I'll cover any bills... As thanks..."

She turned without waiting for a reply and slowly began to make her way back up to town. Lux the Togetic offers a little wave and follows after her trainer as well.
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2015, 08:49:02 pm »

Leaf smiled towards Celesta as she began to leave
"Thank you, see you later" he then walked back up towards the door and knocked.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2015, 09:33:43 pm »

Spoiler: Perception (click to show/hide)

Lina knocks upon the old wooden door, but you doesn't get an answer. You listen for a bit, but you can't hear a thing. Perhaps no one is home...?
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »

Spoiler: Spoiler Alert (click to show/hide)

The session began with Frank heading north and seeing the Fluffy Hatsaleswoman who had just flown into town. After having it explained to him that this island was technologically inept and that she was here to see her Grandmother, the focus switched back to the clinic, where Leaf and Lina were finally able to get the attention of the old woman inside named Agnes. After explaining they were guests of Celesta, Agnes took their Pokémon to be healed, but it would be some time before they were completely recovered. The Fluffy Hat Saleswoman barged in at that point in order to visit her Grandma and spoke with the rest of the party that remained there. She told them a bit about Glitter Cave, which is the cave that the Hooligans were undoubtedly interested in. Again, they were pointed to Giles, who both owned the sheep and knew quite a bit about the island.

So they met up with Frank and went to his home. Unknowingly however, they angered the nearby Boufa, a Bouffalant who charged at Lina and smashed her through the wooden door. After much confusion, Giles comes out and speaks to the party. Though he is reluctant to help any sort of "foreigners", he agrees that the party are guests of Celesta and that it was his fault that Boufa hurt them. As such, he agrees to show them his ranching and wool operation as recompense. After Lina has her injuries tended to of course.

---

((It will take about 6 hours to ensure that all injuries are completely taken care of. If there are any actions that wish to be taken in the meantime, feel free to post them. Otherwise I'll begin tomorrow by having Giles show you the ranch.))
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 30, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »

You wait the whole 6 hours in order to rest and revitalize. By the end of it, all Pokémon have recovered their injuries and the bandages help Lina forget about the whole buffalo charge through the door. After the little mid day rest, there are now around 4 hours of daylight left.

True to his word however, Giles is kind enough to allow you a small tour of his facilities. He shows you the barn where he lives, including the massive bin of Electric wool. Though reluctant to talk about his work to foreigners, the old rancher eventually loosens about it and gets chatty about his work with Mareep. You end up learning a little more about Mareep than you ever needed to know in the hour that he spends on showing you the barn.

Finally, he tells you that he's going to show you a bit of the fields where they pasture during the day. But before you can get too far, the white-hatted wonder that is Lily the Fluffy Hat Saleswoman calls out to the party.

: "Hey! Wait up a second! I need to ask you kids a favor!"
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 30, 2015, 05:08:39 pm »

Lina waves at the Lily and moves towards her.

"Hey! Nice to see you again! What is it that you need?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 30, 2015, 05:26:14 pm »

: "Oh it isn't much. Grams has insisted that I help her with her knitting tonight since she was so busy with you and your Pokémon. So, I'm going to have to stick around on the island tonight and help her out. But! I also need to find some fluffy down for my hats, otherwise it'll be a little while until I can get business. If you see any of the stuff laying around, could you go ahead and grab some for me? I bet I could make it worth your while."
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2015, 06:12:05 pm »

"I don't see why not, sure! Although what is fluffy down? You mentioned that you got it from a bird...? If that birds from a interesting place maybe we should film it at some point!"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2015, 10:46:27 am »

Leaf smiled and joined Lina in her conversation,
"I'll help too"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2015, 11:46:17 am »

: "Goodies! Two pairs of eyes are better than one! Fluffy down... Well! The best way to describe it is that it's the leftover materials from when the Cotton Bird Pokémon molts. They tend to build up just a little bit of extra feather for the winter season and then they develop a even more extra fluff for their nests during the mating season! But, since we're in the middle of the roosting period now, so a few of them have started to shed their winter and mating season coats. See those rocky peaks over there?"

She points over towards a rocky outcropping around the northwest tip of the island.

: "That's where they make their nests. The fluff sort of falls of naturally, and when they're done here they fly off towards to other islands to rejoin larger flocks. They're usually pretty friendly, so you should be able to get a good shot of them. Their cries are absolutely gorgeous!"

: "If we're all settled here, we'd better be getting a move on chil'dren. I'd like to show you the ranch today yet and you can hunt down those littlest birdies another day."
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2015, 06:12:14 pm »

Franklin checks the sun, and silently ponders Lily's request before speaking. "It might be pretty close to dark by the time we are done filming, and it sounds like Lily is asking for this stuff by tomorrow... otherwise she could just get it herself after helping her grandmother knit. Who has a flashlight? I have a glowing Pokemon, but Bonnie might not be enough light for all of us."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 01, 2015, 06:58:17 pm »

Leaf continued to smile towards Lilly
"We'll do our best" he turned towards Franklin "I don't have one sorry, I was going to get some night vision goggles but I didn't have the money. Lets look around the ranch."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 02, 2015, 07:47:52 pm »

"Hrmm? Reckon' I'm right lucky there. Alls I have to do is grab myself a Mareep and let it follow me a round a bit. Their tails work mighty well at brightening up a dark night. Anyhow, follow me here and we'll check out the ranch..."

---
: "Well heh heh! Here we are!"

Giles takes you out into the hills a little ways and introduces you to his flock for about thirty minutes. There are a great many of them out in the fields, at least over fifty, as well as a few Pokémon he identifies as Flaaffy. Thankfully, these Pokémon don't seem particularly interested in murdering you. Most are showing either indifference or pleasant curiosity to the parties presence as they strip the fields of grass. Gile's able to identify each of them by name and number, even without looking at the little tags that some of them have in their ears.

There seemed to be other Pokémon as well near the outlier of the herd, small cotton ball Pokémon and pink radish like Pokémon with little bits of grass sticking of their forehead. You're not near the real rocky bits just yet, so you don't see any signs of the blue birdies.

: "Don' be afraid to pet em or nothing. They're right friendly critters. If you don't mind, I'm just gonna do a quick count of the herd real fast while I'm here. Then we can head on back I' reckon. You guys and gals are plannin on challenging Celesta t'morrow, right?"
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29