Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21264 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Birds will kill everything you love
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2014, 02:01:16 am »

It only took but a moment, but Wendy's plucky demeanor melted away. An angry scowl filled her face and her hands

: "You've gotta be shitting me. I did not come all this way from Kalos to be shut down like this! I need this scoop! Whooo I'm gonna scream."

She shoves her face into her hands and screams loudly before counting to ten. When her face reappears, she picks her mic back up with a twitchy smile.

: "Oh boy. I'm so sorry for that. I've been working this case for weeks, and have had just a lil too much coffee and stress on the brain! Hehehehe! Hee...  Ever since those flyers went up, I've been trying to figure out just who this President McKenzie character really is. He's certainly a busy bee, setting up this documentary and all that. Spielzburg is a pretty big director but... The weird thing is, nobody really knows who he is. McKenzie I mean. He appeared on the scene about a year ago. As you may or may not know, the Pokémon League Association periodically takes on a new territory or region. It's a tradition that started with the Kanto-Johto conference. Seeing the success of the Pokémon League Association, Hoenn requested to be chartered as new region. This is where the Annexation department got it's start. The Pokémon League Association couldn't balance their day to day duties with the new task of setting the framework for a new region. So, they created a new department called the Department of Annexation. That department played a key role in getting Hoenn up to standard by ensuring Pokémon Centers, Marts, and Gyms were being built in addition to the construction of the Ever Grande City. Given that the Ever Grande conference was still exists today, you can assume they did a good job. They would later do the same thing for the rest of the regions as well, although Unova and Kalos have only come along relatively recently."

: "For the last, oh I don't know, twenty or so years, they haven't been too active. There have been a few prospects, sure. Orre is a good example of that. They did a nice half job there. But they've mostly flopped. It's a big world out there; it's only natural that not every region is going to think that the Pokémon League Association is right for them. Then around two years ago, some of the board members over at the Indigo Plateau considered dissolving the Annexation Department. Right after that. this McKenzie figure showed up on the scene and apparently convinced the board to give the department one last shot under his leadership. They promoted him to President of the Annexation Department and now he's trying to annex the Muse Islands into the Pokémon League Association. My problem? I ain't got a damn clue who he is or why they hired him in particular. I've been spending the last few weeks trying to figure that out. And what? Nadda. Nothing. Zip."

: "My job is riding on whether I can get this story to work or not. I need this story. The night before the conference was spent by prepping my questions till the sun rose last morning. He then flew off in a plane. I spent all last night trying to interview the locals, but nothing. This Saxon fellow seems to keep everyone on a short leash. I can't crack any of them."

The reporter looks around nervously from side to side and clenches her hands together. Her eyes are filled with a wild, almost feral expression of fear.

: "Listen, I don't mean to make you paranoid, but I got this strange feeling that there's something else going on here. Like a conspiracy or something."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2014, 02:49:48 am »

Franklin can't help but smirk. Saxon was up to something. Figured he wouldn't go clean. "Have you tried the old lady selling souvenirs from the east at market yet? She doesn't strike me as the type who would easily be intimidated or kept on a leash."

This reporter could be useful to him in getting to the bottom of the situation. Frank just had to get her alone to point her in the right direction. He wasn't good at speaking evasively, and didn't care to have a discussion with the children about his past activities until he knew them a bit better, so for now it was best not to expose them to what he wanted to tell Wendy.

Hopefully Leaf would break off and do his own thing before he had to leave the reporter's side.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2014, 10:41:05 am »

She tapps one finger on her chin patiently for a few seconds, considering the idea before speaking.

; "I suppose I could give it shot... Old ladies do tend to have the gift of gab. And I've found that history isn't well recorded in this region. People tell stories and- Oh boy. Going down again."

Wendy leans and plops down into the dirt before her mouth kissed the earth again by force.

: "I'll... I'll get around to it. Right now, I might need a nap. As a rule, I try to limit myself to two and a half hours of sleep per day when I'm on a case. It's more efficient for the modern working woman!"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:01:44 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2014, 10:48:04 am »

((I think I've finally settled on a color for corrie; blue isn't taken but matches her attire :p))
The loooong speech is finally enough to get Corrie to wake up.
"...Murrh? Whats goin' on?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2014, 11:59:22 am »

"I've found that once you push your body past a particular point, going depriving oneself of sleep is a battle of diminishing returns..."

Franklin helps Wendy up. "You got a campsite or hotel or something I can get you too?"

(I think Frank, Leaf, and Wendy are walking towards town and no longer in camp.)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2014, 12:59:43 pm »

Corrie has woken up to a nearly empty camp. Oh no! Some others may still be around, but for the most part everyone else seems to have wandered off!

---

Wendy's long speech was indeed long enough to draw the majority of the group away from camp and into Shanty Town as they walked. A golden haze started to fill the eastern sky. A few islanders were just beginning to mull about for the beginning of their work day. Some paused to watch the strange sight taking place in the middle of the road, but Wendy for her part didn't seem too upset having Franklin help her up and causing a scene.

: "Well aren't you charming. Thank you for the offer, but I don't need any help of that sort. Out here on the western islands they don't have a whole lot in the way of accommodations as far as I know of. Here's a tip though. I was told the nurses at the Pokémon Center aren't against letting people crash on their lounge couches for the night. They're too tenderhearted to have it any other way. If you can help me that far, I can take care of myself."
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2014, 01:59:01 pm »

"Alright. I can get you there. Leaf, I'm going to drop her off and check in with the others at camp. Try to stay out of trouble, okay?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2014, 02:01:15 pm »

Leaf smiled,
"I will, don't worry"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »

Bit by bit, Franklin and Wendy pulled away from the group. She turned to him with renewed vigor as soon as they were out of earshot.

: "Alright. I know that look. I saw it on your face the moment I mentioned Saxon. You know something about him. Spill."
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2014, 02:26:46 pm »

Franklin lowers his voice. "I'd rather not be your source on the matter, I don't want to be on his bad side more than anybody else, but I'll point you in the right direction. I'd look into his criminal history in the Indigo Regions if I were you. I don't think he has any convictions, but you should be able to link him to Team Rocket, which might make for a good story."

He offers a shrug. "If you find nothing, it means somebody is covering shit up, which would further point to a conspiracy, no?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2014, 02:47:02 pm »

"Uuuuuh? Where'd everyone go...?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2014, 02:52:29 pm »

Her eyes narrow vividly.

: "Don't play this game with me. You know him personally don't you?"
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2014, 03:56:56 pm »

"Ish. I used to know him professionally, and knew him well enough to know I didn't want to know him personally. He is scary enough that I don't want to give you anything which could be easily be traced to me, and as far as I know, he and I would be the only people on this rock with the dirt you'd want. They are keeping me in the dark, I am curious, and I'd hate for you to lose your job, but the Juicy Details are not worth me sticking my neck out."

Franklin sighs, "'sides, I don't think any of the old Rocket horror stories I could tell you would have anything to do with what the Pokemon League is up to now."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

: "You're not the only one they're keeping in the dark these days. But, I'll bear that all in mind. A good journalist doesn't give up her sources and can read between the lines."

After walking a few more meters, the pair arrived at entrance to the Pokémon center. Ms. McClure turns to Franklin with a sly grin as she reaches her hand back into her pocket. After a few moments of fumbling, she pulls out a shiny little business card.

: "I haven't said it yet, but thank you for the interview. Once I'm back into shape, I'll be heading over to have a talk with that old lady you told me about. The one in the market. In the meantime, here's my card. I'd like to have another chat with you later if that's alright by you. What's your name?"
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2014, 04:42:06 pm »

Frank returns the grin. "Name's Franklin Ziti. Try to keep it out of the story. I'd be glad to talk to you again though. I don't think my group will be on this island for more than a couple days tops, but if the League is making such a big deal about the documentary, we shouldn't be too hard to track down. Now get some sleep, okay?"

He then turns around and heads back to camp.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29