Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21247 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Birds will kill everything you love
« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2014, 10:46:39 pm »

The party, fed by fish and filled with it's powers decide that the best way to spend their last few minutes of the day is to hunt birds. But before they can do that, a Tiny Wurmple sneaks up on the party. It's friendlier than most, eats some of the rice, and proceeds to climb up Thomas' arm. Leaf and Corrie spent a brief moment bonding with the creature and contemplated whether a trainer owned it or not. Meanwhile, it proceeded to wander back into the wilderness. Or so, that was it's intent. Out of the sky, a Swellow dive bombed it, grabbed the Wurmple and proceeded to drag it off into the wilderness!

The party chases after the bird to it's roost, where the Swellow proceeds to play with it's food. Leaf, having bonded with the Wurmple for a short time goes to it's rescue. After a brief scuffle, the surprisingly tough bird is brought down to earth through the concerted efforts of the team. It's revealed to be a bit smaller than usual and it's feathers a bit underdeveloped than most. There is some argument of selling the Swellow for money or eating it, but in the end it was deemed too small and too tough of a bird to justify dragging it back.

After spending an hour healing up their at a local Pokémon Center, they settle down to sleep. Fortunately, the weather cooperates. It's a bit of a cold night unfortunately. Leaf and Lina are able to recover their HP back, but unfortunately they still retain their injuries gained from battle.

((I ended up checking the Rest part of the book. It'll take a bandaid or something like that for trainers to completely recover from their injuries unless they are consistently resting for a day or two. I'll homerule it as 5 injuries being the threshold where injuries start to get bad enough to start to manifest mechanically, as well as being unable to recover HP while resting. For trainers and Pokémon, this'll be hard to come by unless you really take a beating, but injuries will start piling up if you aren't careful.))

But otherwise, it's an easy night. Frank takes the first watch to teach his Taillow how to be a lean, mean, fighting machine.

---

The sun hadn't quite risen yet when Leaf and Thomas awoke. The ground upon which they had been sleeping is cool and moist. Water droplets cling to them and the rest of the party like a fine spray. Friendly smoke was rising out from Shanty Town in fine, thin drifts.

This was the first morning on Secund Island, and the first morning for the party in the Muse Islands.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2014, 02:42:07 pm »

Frank yawns and stretches, wiping the sleep out of his eyes. "We best head to town then. Cash in the film from last night and find something to do until the market opens. We were planning on shooting some shopping scenes today, right?"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2014, 02:57:13 pm »

Lina woke up slowly, sitting up and looking around in confusion for a few moments before remembering why she was sleeping out in the wilds.

"Whew. First thing we're going to need are some tents... Sleeping outside is too rough! I wonder if we can find a cafe selling breakfast? Otherwise just getting some general shots of the town wouldn't be bad."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2014, 04:01:23 pm »

"I doubt a place like this does anything as fancy as a cafe."

Franklin shrugs. "But if we can find breakfast, I wont object."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2014, 04:17:41 pm »

"Well. I guess we should at least wait until Corrie wakes up. I'm going to go do my morning exercises with my pokemon, I'll be back in a bit."

Lina lets Johan out of his pokeball, and using him to light the way she heads off a bit from the party and then lets out Gregory and the Taillow. Petting the Bird on it's head she says "Hey cutie. I'm glad you joined the team! Hum... What do you think of the name Sophie? I think it fits! Well then, if we're going to fight together, we had better get ready. Lets see what you can do! Johan, Gregory, you contuine where we left off last time!"

((I'm going to try to apply my training features to my pokemon, ace training: speed to Taillow, Special attack to Johan, defense to Gregory. Both training features to all three.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:12 pm »

Snoooore... snooooore...
Corrie might not be a morning person.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2014, 04:53:19 pm »

"Well. I guess we should at least wait until Corrie wakes up. I'm going to go do my morning exercises with my pokemon, I'll be back in a bit."

Lina lets Johan out of his pokeball, and using him to light the way she heads off a bit from the party and then lets out Gregory and the Taillow. Petting the Bird on it's head she says "Hey cutie. I'm glad you joined the team! Hum... What do you think of the name Sophie? I think it fits! Well then, if we're going to fight together, we had better get ready. Lets see what you can do! Johan, Gregory, you contuine where we left off last time!"

((I'm going to try to apply my training features to my pokemon, ace training: speed to Taillow, Special attack to Johan, defense to Gregory. Both training features to all three.))

((Not quite. They can only be effected by one type of training regime at a time. You'll have to choose between Brutal or Inspired training for each one.))
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2014, 04:56:56 pm »

((I have the ace trainer feature that allows me to apply two))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2014, 05:19:14 pm »

((I have the ace trainer feature that allows me to apply two))

((Carry on.))
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2014, 05:46:17 pm »

When Leaf woke he walked slightly away from the others in the group, after he found a place that was slightly more secluded he let out Mirage and his new Wurmple. He smiled down at the two of them,
"Mirage this is our new friend, she'll be travelling with us."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:07:43 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »

Mirage gave her new friend a cursory sniff. Her new friend stood as tall as it could on it's back legs and gave the Zorua a playful bop in the nose before waving it's tiny legs back in forth in a such a fashion that it reminds you Spielzburg. In a good way.

: "Pleeeeeeaugh!!"

The little bug then tries to march off into parts unknown, but Zorua thankfully cuts it off before it can get snatched up by another predator. The Wurmple is evidently quite pleased to see it's new friend again and starts dancing and squealing all over again.. Mirage gives Leaf a tired look. This is going to happen a lot...Isn't it?
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:23 am »

Leaf smiled and raced over towards the two pokemon, he patted Mirage on the head.
"Thank you" he then turned back to the Wurmple "You really should stay close, we don't want you getting in to trouble again."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2014, 06:55:07 pm »

The Wurmple doesn't seem to understand a word that you are saying. But she seems to be amused by the effort and dances a some more. Mirage lays it's head down on the ground in defeat.

Off in the distance, a lone figure seems to be staggering it's way to the group.
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2014, 07:23:26 pm »

Lina came back to the group with her pokemon in toe. Looking over at the still sleeping forum of Corrie she frowned.

"Isn't she awake yet? We got things to do!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2014, 07:29:57 pm »

Still sleeping... like a log, too.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29