Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21235 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2014, 08:37:31 pm »

No surprises here.

You make it back easily to the rest of the group.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2014, 08:38:53 pm »

Lina gets up to her feet as Thomas makes his way back to the group.

"So mister guide, did you manage to find a place to get some good shots?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2014, 08:46:32 pm »

((An earlier time would probably be better for me. I could maybe do Thursday or Friday with that time though.))

Leaf approached Mirage, smiling slightly as he knelt down beside her.
"You ok?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:17:22 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2014, 09:19:39 pm »

((Well, guess what just got fixed? :D I'll be able to make any session any time I'm not sleeping.))

"Well, I found pond that would be pretty good for a shoot, plenty of pokemon in the area. I saw a few poliwag in the pond myself, and there's quite a few bug types in the area. Also a couple of flying-types, judging by the feathers I found, one with jet black and one with red and black on it. Also a couple of larger pokemon as well, but given the traces of them, I have no idea what those would be."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2014, 10:00:37 pm »

((Eet happens. First off, updoot! The show is done and I took Monday as a good gorge out and game day. So now, I am moderately refreshed and prepared to start looking about how we can work in a game board night for the catching/exploration session. There only two days that are absolutely out for me on a weekly basis, Sunday and Saturday. I'd like to start it up around 8-9 EST, which allows me to get to bed at a decent hour.

But I need your guys times first before I can plan much of anything. For the first session, I'd like to try to have everyone in attendance and a bit of time before hand to show those who are not familiar with Maptools the ropes. If necessary, I can try to arrange something earlier so that players can at least plug in their characters into the campaign and learn basic movements and stuff.))

(There is a chance I could play any night except Thursday.)

Lina sit down on the grass after leaf runs off after their guide. She gathers Johan up into her lap before turning to Corrie and Frank.

"I'm glad that we are going to start filming. Although I wonder Frank, if maybe me or Corrie should try to handle the camera? I'm not sure how easy it is to work with, but I also don't know if you're going to be able to get good shots if it turns out that you need to protect us from some particularly fierce pokemon."

Franklin offers a sad shrug. "Most of my fighting ability is with a knife, and they wouldn't let me take mine through customs. Until I get a new one, my Pokemon will be doing the heavy lifting, so I might as well run the camera... And honestly, my enforcer has major issues with bug types. I think I would like to track down some of those birds so I have something to deal with any creepy crawlies that threaten you lot in the future."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2014, 09:23:33 pm »

: "Rrrrr..."

Mirage seems to growl a little bit as he stares across the water in a confused and worried manner. Suddenly, a small wave comes up and pushes right up to your feet. Mirage takes off after the water as it recedes in a curious manner. A few moments later a second, larger waves pours over Mirage and takes her by suprise! She retreats in confusion with a wide eyed fear of the strange little waves. It occurs to you that Mirage might have never been this close the ocean.

Lucky for her, she retreats back to Leaf before any other waves could attack and shakes the seawater off of herself in a flurry of fur and salt water.
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2014, 10:30:24 pm »

Corrie merely shrugs.
"I... think... I might want a flying type pokemon, though really anything will do! And I certainly wouldn't mind getting little Bluk some training."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2014, 08:44:35 pm »

Leaf let out a small laugh and picked her up after she had shook off,
"Probably best if you stay away from that for now, lets explore the beach a little more than head back" he began to walk across the beach trying to spot anything around the area.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2014, 08:23:21 pm »

Continuing from earlier...
Having almost everything she needed thanks to Lil' Dom, Corrie went searching around for a fisherman she could buy a pair of fish from!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2014, 10:50:08 pm »

Corrie's adventure is interrupted by...

Adventure Recap Time!!

Soon after walking out into the field, the gang found a wild Rattata to be peering out at them from outside the bushes. Lina did her best to attract the Rattata, but unfortunately angered it on accident when Johan wanted to give it a fiery hug! Not very pleased by this, the Rattata called on some of it's friends who proceeded to do battle with the party. Lina got a bit too close to action and ended up injured when one of the Rattata hit her pretty bad with a tackle. She held out though and ended up catching Gregory; a Relaxed Rattata! One of the Rattata had intended to flee before it joined the battle, but Thomas chased it down and hit it with a Rock Smash to knock it out and officially ended the battle. A few words of concern were passed about and Lina took some time to bond with Gregory.

After reentering the town, they got their Pokémon healed up and were contacted by Spielzburg. For their footage, each party member received 2500 Poke to their accounts! Discussion was made about where to stay for the night and the party decided on camping on the outskirts of town. Thomas, Lina, and Leaf picked out a campsite while Corrie went to go to get some food. After speaking with Lil' Dom for some sweet sugar and rice, she then went to go find a fisherman to buy some fish off of.

Frank on his part may choose to helping to set up camp or following Corrie around. Either works by me. Back to your regularly scheduled session!

---

Spoiler: Fishquest (click to show/hide)

You look around a little bit, but you get the idea you might be barking up around the wrong tree at the market. Fish spoils fast if it's not preserved or taken care of quicker than most foods. Perhaps they are selling it elsewhere. The docks come to mind of a good area to look. Fisherman probably have to take care of their food quickly lest it spoil, so it would make sense that they would try to sell it as close as possible to their workplace.
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2014, 11:21:54 pm »

Corrie didn't want to spend TOO much time finding food, but this entire meal simply couldn't happen without the fish! And if she had to go to the docks to get it, so she would!
Corrie goes off to the docks in search of fishermen selling.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2014, 04:17:14 pm »

Spoiler: Perception! (click to show/hide)

Without utilizing a map, the process becomes a bit more stressful than it should have. You head towards the western side of town towards the coastline, but you momentarily fail to find the docks. There are few nice looking houses in the area though. Cutting north up the coastline you see a few piers. Various vessels of different size and shape are stationed there as some of the tan-skinned locals go about their business. A few stop what they are doing to gawk at the strange girl wandering about the town.

You can't spot any obvious signs of the fishing industry.
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2014, 04:47:33 pm »

Perhaps asking Lil' Dom for directions would have been a bright idea... ah, well. At least Corrie could probably ask around; she knew that she had some amount of skill when talking to people.
Find someone who looks kind/open enough ((intuition??)) and then ask them where I could find any fishers selling.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »

Spoiler: Intuition! (click to show/hide)

You find someone... Granted not a whole lot of these guys look all that friendly. The sailor merely grunts and jerks his head back over to a small shanty. Inside, a woman is sitting there and descaling some fish at a feverous pace.
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2014, 06:11:21 pm »

Thanking the sailor, Corrie makes her way over to the woman with the fish.
"Hello! I'd like to buy a couple of fish from you!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29