Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21230 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2014, 11:28:48 pm »

Lina smiles broadly and clasps her hands together "Yes, I am more then ready. Do you think we should do a introduction to the documentary, or just leave it about the town so that he can put the footage later on if he wants? In his speech he seemed to imply that our journey would play a part in the movie, so it might be appropriate to give it a more personal touch don't you think?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2014, 11:56:41 pm »

Franklin scratches his head. "I'd say once we get to a nicer town, or find some neutral, clean, indoor location around here, we can shoot some introductions. That way they can arrange the scenes in whatever order they want if chronological order doesn't work for them."

The large man pauses in thought. "Although... Come to think of it, I am still tempted to shoot outside of town first, to try and get some money. Then we can go back to the market and film some shopping; I found some colorful characters there who may make up for the general poverty of the place in terms of screen value."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2014, 02:31:20 pm »

Leaf smiled,
"That sounds good to me, I think shooting outside would be a good idea too. It would be nice to see a bit more of the island"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2014, 10:58:21 pm »

Corrie shrugs, but looks pleased with Franklin's ideas.
"Mmhmm, those do sound like quite the good ideas! Let's do it the way you suggested, outside first."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2014, 03:29:45 pm »

((Merp. OOC post still applies here, but I'll try to still get a hunting ground going so I know what kind of Pokémon to gen up.))

Eventually, the conclusion is made to wander out of town into the nearby wilderness. Heading south as you leave, a pair of young kids run past you. One holds a scruffy Rattatta over his head and is screaming happily at the top of his lungs while he chases a little girl. Neither the Rattatta or the girl is not amused. Normal kid stuff. A few islanders here and there peer out at you through the folds of their small huts. Off in the distance to the west, though you may note a few rather stately looking residences out in the distance on the eastern side of town. As you reach the border of the town a few islanders are working over a log with hand saws and hatchets. They don't pay you much mind. One of the reporters from before seems to be attempting to solicit them for an interview. They don't seem to pay her much mind however.

Beyond that, the rest of the island beckons. To the south, there are a few assorted stumps and fallen tinder from where trees had been cut down for lumber. The area was largely of tall grass that reached up the ankles and small other small shrubs and plants. A small trio of small kids and their Pokémon wander about collecting sticks and other small bits of wood. Further yet beyond them yet a few trees stood like sentinels among the plains. Far, far off in the distance a rather steep hill region loomed. It would take some time to walk to it. To the south east, there was an unpopulated tan beach of silky sand that stretched along the shoreline.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2014, 04:17:08 pm »

"Right, if you could wait here, I'm going to go see what's available. I can't bring you along lest you give me away, unfortunately but I shouldn't be long. Half hour, tops." Thomas said to the group, before dashing off onto the far more welcoming grasslands, eagerly picking up and searching the local area.

((AKA Rolling Survival at 4d6+6 to scout the local area for pokemon and other objects of interest. Perception, should it come up is 2d6+5 for long-distance, and 2d6+3 for any other checks involving it.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »

Leaf gave a small wave of goodbye as Thomas raced out into the grasslands, he decided to wait around here as his group member had suggested. His eyes scanned the area close by though just in case he could spot anything.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2014, 12:01:23 am »

Spoiler: Roooooolls! (click to show/hide)

For most people, crossing the grassy plains can be a bit of a nuisance. You have a lot foliage to deal with; small roots and snags that can trip a person up if they are not careful; in addition to minor pitfalls that are absolutely invisible to all but the trained eye where one can twist their ankle in. Fortunately, Thomas is more than used to this kind of terrain and is able to traverse it far quicker than anyone else in the party. The flats of Octave Island had trained him well for this exercise. The terrain around these parts was immediately familiar to him as an old friend would be.

As such, you cover a lot of ground quickly, making it nearly all the way to the hill before you even had to think about stopping. The only reason you did stop is because you had reached the southmost pond of the island. But you saw enough along the way to make the trip worthwhile. In some of the bushes, you found that there were a few discreet leftover bits of shell and webbing in the grassy plains, a clear indication that something had hatched recently, most likely a few small Bug-Types or something similar. It is around mating season, so you aren't too surprised by that fact. There were also a few feathers of black and red scattered about. Mostly of small birds, although you did see one feather that was a larger and sharper in shape then the rest. You also very nearly dropped your foot into a pile of Rattata droppings. You know for a fact they aren't native to the region; other people brought them in. They've become a bit of a nuisance on nearly all of the islands in one way or another; a veritable infestation.

Diving into the treeline before the pond you had to slow a little bit, but not much. Here you saw some husks of a different insect of some kind that had recently shed off some kind coating. You also find a different type of feather to sample around here colored jet black and there is evidence of some Grass Pokémon rooting around in the bushes. A few cracked branches here and there seemed to indicate that some larger Pokémon could possibly habitat this part of the woods as well, but of that you fact aren't entirely certain. A few dainty tracks of unknown Pokémon can be found scampering about the underbrush.

Finally, you arrive to the waterside. You spot some kind of wet blue thing in the water, but it spots you immediately and dives back under. Along the river shore there are tracks that lead up to, and into the water. Despite your best efforts though, you don't see a whole lot of Pokémon running about just yet. You could investigate any of things you've seen a bit further and you'd still be on time to return to the group in 30 minutes or you could just head back a tad early. The decision is yours!

---

For his part, Leaf scans the immediate area but isn't quite able to make out anything immediately interesting. High up above however, the shadow of a rather large bird was coasting in the wind. It dives off past the plains before you can get too good of a look at it unfortunately. The sound of pleasant bird song emanates from the beach.
BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2014, 11:21:35 am »

Leaf let out a small sigh as he watched the bird fly overhead, he fidgeted slightly as he looked towards the beach. Eventually he jumped to his feet,
"I'm going to head down towards the beach for a bit" he said this quickly and then began to head towards the beach.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:34 pm »

((Sorry about any late replies, I'm currently having connection issues. And I won't bee on as often while they're still ongoing.))

Thoams takes the chance at the beach, trying to spot more of the blue pokemon he saw earlier.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2014, 02:29:05 pm »

((Eet happens. First off, updoot! The show is done and I took Monday as a good gorge out and game day. So now, I am moderately refreshed and prepared to start looking about how we can work in a game board night for the catching/exploration session. There only two days that are absolutely out for me on a weekly basis, Sunday and Saturday. I'd like to start it up around 8-9 EST, which allows me to get to bed at a decent hour.

But I need your guys times first before I can plan much of anything. For the first session, I'd like to try to have everyone in attendance and a bit of time before hand to show those who are not familiar with Maptools the ropes. If necessary, I can try to arrange something earlier so that players can at least plug in their characters into the campaign and learn basic movements and stuff.))

Spoiler: Perceptive Perception! (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, the beach is a bit farther off. By the southern lake shore however is rightfully apparent and where you saw the blue of... There it is gain! A dark blue shape of a Poliwag emerges from the water once more and glares at you. This time it sticks around a bit longer as it paddles in the water to try to stay afloat. It's not doing anything yet. Just watching... Watching and waiting.

---

Meanwhile, Leaf grows tired of waiting and heads down to the beach. Friendly looking Wingulls are gliding high up above in the air while the waves lap up and down the shore line. Mirage hops off of Leaf's shoulder headfirst into a pile of sand and shakes himself off unfazed by the landing. The Zorua darts forward a small ways toward the waves and his hair bristles. He's staring at the ocean water cautiously.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2014, 05:26:54 pm »

((Well, my primary internet connection is down for now (Though it /should/ be fixed today) so getting online for that will be problematic at the very least for me until that is sorted))

Thomas, satisfied that he had found one poliwag, tried to find a few more of it's brethern nearby, at least so that there wouldn't be any fights if there was only just the one caught.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2014, 05:33:13 pm »

Lina sit down on the grass after leaf runs off after their guide. She gathers Johan up into her lap before turning to Corrie and Frank.

"I'm glad that we are going to start filming. Although I wonder Frank, if maybe me or Corrie should try to handle the camera? I'm not sure how easy it is to work with, but I also don't know if you're going to be able to get good shots if it turns out that you need to protect us from some particularly fierce pokemon."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »

Thomas continues to skirt the pond a little ways. The footsteps on the shore would indicate that there is more than just one Poliwog living here, but none are immediately visible through the murky waters. The Poliwog begins to start blowing tiny bubbles beneath the water.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

Seeing the bubbles, Thomas hurried back to where he left the group initially, carefully watching his surroundings lest he is surprised by anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29