Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21231 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:46 pm »

Leaf hesitated for a moment, torn between a lie or the truth. Eventually he decided on the truth.
"Not exactly, I could try and arrange one for him though"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »

Happy to make a deal, the shrewd old woman was quick to give Frank a bottle of Razz Berry Wine. It was cheap stuff, but it was enough to get her talking. The old lady responded to his next question by dipping underneath her table and pulling out a particularly nasty looking knife with a slightly curved edge. Two bits of ivory were stuck decoratively into the hilt. It didn't have a large amount of length to it, but it would work. A cruel smile spreads across her aging and chapped lips.

"Kukuku. This here is an old friend of mine... A little ceremonial knife. There's some stains on the handle yes, but that only attests to it's effectiveness. They've got a saying round here sonny boy. Don't mess with grandma. Last punk who tried to rob me got it between the ribs. It also has a few other... Special properties. Hohohoho!"

She taps her finger chin and gets down to business.

"8000$ is my price. It's a fine piece of work, and you won't regret taking it off my hands. I can sense it. So that's my deal. Take it or leave it. I do have another knife like I'd like to let go of for about 2000$, but I won't lie to you dearie. It's on it's last legs and liable to break if you hit something a bit too hard with it."

---

The fisherman just sorta shrugs.

"Yeah... Sorry man. I don't really work for the guy so I wouldn't know. Your little friend up there on your shoulders kind of reminds me of some of his Gym Trainer's Pokémon so I thought... Well you know. Saxon has some really swanky floor shows up in the Rook's Nest, but honestly I kinda prefer to see some of the more cocky Gym challengers get turned into paste. Hah! Saxon likes to push both his Pokémon and his opponents Pokémon to their limits, so it's always a good show."

"Anyways, the night vision goggles aren't for sale. But... How bout this. We don't get a whole lotta challengers this round these parts. If you take his Gym Challenge, and end up getting to the point where you face off against Saxon, I'll consider selling them to you for about 2500$. Hell, if you end up beating em I may just give you damn things for free! Hahaha!"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2014, 10:46:15 pm »

Corrie grins quite appreciatively at the storekeeper.
"Haha, thanks! I'll make good use of it. I've got to go now, since I've got my cooking kit and should probably look around for some other stuff, but I'll come back sometime once I've made use of that recipe and talk to you about it!"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2014, 11:20:46 pm »

Lil Dom nods Corrie off with a smile.
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2014, 02:04:33 pm »

Franklin examines the weapon, unable to hide a smile. It was pricey, but also more or less what he was looking for. He would likely take the deal, but he had to ask. "Special properties?"

---

Edit: After hearing the old woman out, Franklin digs into his wallet, only to find that he had spent quite a bit more at the airport bar before departing than he had remembered. "Hrmm... Actually, I think my wallet isn't quite packing enough heat to take it off your hands quite yet. I am interested though. Can I put 500 down so you wont sell it elsewhere until I get the cash?"

---

Put 500 Down on the Knife if allowed
Head to the Mart
Buy 2 Pokeballs and 2 Potions
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:17:41 pm by Weirdsound »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2014, 02:05:42 pm »

Leaf let out a small laugh,
"I'll see what I can do. Thank you anyway, see you later." with that he headed out of the shop. After a while of wandering about he headed towards the Pokemart, when he reached there he bought two potions and three pokeballs
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:49:46 pm by Kansa »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2014, 04:48:55 pm »

Lina stops her wandering to watch Frank buy a awful looking knife. After he makes his purchase she wanders around the market a bit more before eventually following Leaf to the pokemart and buying 5 pokeballs and two potions.

"So then, how did your shopping go? And did anyone get any good information that we should include in the filming? Personally, other then a darling hat shop, I wasn't able to find anything of interest really." Lina said to the others after they met back up.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:51:32 pm by Criptfeind »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2014, 09:24:58 pm »

Spoiler: Occult Education (click to show/hide)

Frank examines the knife carefully, but is unable to discern whether there is anything special about it or not. The old wise woman takes your 500$ with a chuckling laugh that sounds a bit like sandpaper. Incense wafts round her face like a gliding cloth of grey.
"I wouldn't be too hard on yourself dearie. It's a bit of a 'subtle' modification. Kukukuku! It... Oh no. I shouldn't tell you that. It would ruin the surprise! Hohoho! Come back when you have the money young man. I'd be glad to tell it all about it then when you aren't so strapped for cash. I'll hold onto to it till your coffers are a bit more healthy."

BIRDS.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2014, 04:11:19 pm »

Leaf was still smiling by the time he met up with the rest of the group,
"My shopping went ok, couldn't get everything I wanted though. We could maybe film the gym here, Saxon is apparently quite the showman."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

Franklin gives the performer a shrug. "Saxton said he would be out for awhile, and I think I will be needing some more money before that. The only knife good enough for security and bodyguard work on this island is selling for a cool 8k. I was thinking that we ask around and battle and film some wild Pokemon. I don't know about you kids, but I could use the opportunity to expand my team a bit."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2014, 09:36:15 pm »

"We could also look around for a boat to take us to Tonic island, since I doubt that filming a bunch of encounters with some of the wildlife would be as valuable as a league battle in a gym. Though if you are intent on heading into the better parts of the island, I could likely figure out what we're likely to come across."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2014, 09:44:35 pm »

"I think we should try to capture a bit of everything, starting with this town. It is the the town of greetings isn't it? That's important information for a documentary!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:33 pm »

Corrie goes to the market and buys two pokeballs and two potions.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »

"This town is a shithole, no way around it. Best to leave it out of the shots at the very least. No-one really wants a tropical paradise spoilt by poverty."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2014, 11:19:38 pm »

"This town is a shithole, no way around it. Best to leave it out of the shots at the very least. No-one really wants a tropical paradise spoilt by poverty."

"That is up to our friend the director. Everybody loves a good ad exploiting poverty though." Frank shrugs, "They might talk about league efforts to improve the place in narration, to make themselves look good, while pushing tourism for the other towns in the region. Regardless, it is worth taking the shots to see how much we make for them. If it isn't much compared to other things, we know not to do it again."

Franklin gestures to Leaf and the ladies, and readies the camera. "Who is with me?"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29