Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21220 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2014, 05:47:56 pm »

Looking up the map, and seeing that he didn't have any supplies that the market didn't have, Thomas resolved to head to the pokemart on the island, hoping that would atleast carry the goods he wanted.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2014, 06:37:58 pm »

Leaving the people you were supposed to be guiding in the dust, you wander off to the nearest Pokemart with ease. Ah the Pokemart. Where you can buy things without wandering randomly. However, prices seem to be a bit higher than usual here as well. A lot higher actually. Hrmm...

Spoiler: Shanty Town Pokemart (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2014, 08:05:19 pm »

Leaf put on his best smile as he walked up to the counter, he put a net ball down on the counter before speaking to the owner. His eyes drifted towards the goggles.
"I was wondering are those goggles for sale?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

Shrugging at the prices, Thomas merely bought a set of four pokeballs before heading back to the market.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2014, 12:33:06 am »

Spoiler: Bartering Time (click to show/hide)

The shopkeeper didn't seem to be much in the mood for having to sell his precious pair of Night Vision Goggles.

"Nope. So uh... Listen here mate. I had to order these things special from Sinnoh through Sonorous Island. That costs big money. But they were worth every penny. There's just not a whole lotta light out here on Secund Island at night, specially down there by the lakes on the south side of the island. But some Water Pokémon only surface at night, right? Then I can also use em for fishing at night. Makes coming into port a bit easier when I can see just exactly where I'm steering. To put it bluntly... You're gonna need to try harder than that to convince me, ya? I can hardly see what a kid like you would need with these goggles."

---

Back at the Pokemart, the exchange is made. 1500$ for four Pokeballs. A fine transaction and- Oh Arceus it's her again. The pink haze lady. She sways on over to the threshold of the doorway and sultrily leans up against the frame.

"Heeeeey dere hot stuff. Thaaat wasn't very nice of yooou earlier. Didn't your momma ever tell you how to treat a laaaaady?"
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2014, 02:03:04 am »

And once again, Thomas ran off again, having no intention of ever dealing with the woman. Back into the market to find the rest of the group.

...If only the woman knew what a mistake she had made by blocking the way out for thomas. He walked up and attempted to pass her. If she tried to stop him, he was well prepared to shoulder check her to get her out of the way.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2014, 10:57:08 am »

Spoiler: Intuition Roll (click to show/hide)

You don't exactly try to hide your hidden disdain for the woman whom you've never met. She stands up straight and meekly lets out a hand to stop you, but you bash into her anyways before she can get a word in otherwise. Apparently she wasn't quite ready for that and she drops down into the dirt. But you keep moving. The shop keeper and other onlookers see this and look on in disgust. A bystander immediately moves in to try to pick her back up on her feet and glares at you. You're really not leaving a good impression on the locals...

Regardless, you're back at the market safe and sound.
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2014, 11:20:39 am »

Corrie grins at the excellent find, and buys a cooking kit!
"Aha, I'm glad I managed to find this place! Only recently came to the Muse area, and I was beginning to worry I wouldn't be able to keep up my cooking here!"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2014, 11:39:13 am »

Franklin puts up with the woman peddling silverware for as long as he can, before giving her an exasperated sideways glance and raising his voice ever so slightly. "Listen miss. I was just hired for some bodyguard work. I need a knife to use in defense of others. A butterknife, emotional value or no, just isn't going to do the trick. Now can you help me or not?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2014, 11:53:34 am »

Lil Dom, the chef smiles back, infinitely pleased to have met another chef.

"Ah... I'm glad to see another chef on the island then! If you're new around here, then I would recommend trying out some of the local dishes. What I've got here is nothing all that special... But if you can find the right ingredients I bet you can make a real fine meal out of it. A real fine meal. Actually, here!"

The chef walks on over to his drawer and pulls out a recipe out of one of his cookbooks. He brandishes the slip of paper at Corrie with a grin.

"My dad used to be a bit of a cook too. You should try his specialty recipe when you get the chance. I have it memorized by heart these days, so I really don't need this piece of paper. I'd bet you could make some real good with it if you can find the ingredients."

---

The old woman on her part tries her best not too look too disappointed. She understands. But she replies that she can help out Frank. She points him over to the little stall proclaiming the "Oddities of the East!". Apparently, that woman sells some strange stuff. Perhaps he could find something there.
BIRDS.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2014, 11:56:59 am »

"Oh, that'd definitely be wonderful! I don't really know much of the food around here, after all, and I can only imagine that recipe to be excellent."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2014, 12:00:37 pm »

The old woman on her part tries her best not too look too disappointed. She understands. But she replies that she can help out Frank. She points him over to the little stall proclaiming the "Oddities of the East!". Apparently, that woman sells some strange stuff. Perhaps he could find something there.

Franklin gives the woman a grateful nod. "Thank you very much. If I ever find myself in need of a fork, I know where to find one."

The large man then wanders over to the Oddities stall, intent on checking out the goods.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2014, 06:51:53 pm »

Leaf continued to smile despite the setback,
"I need them for night performances, sometimes in my troupe we had to perform at night and I'm not very good at seeing in the dark. My pokemon is also quite nocturnal as well and she likes to go out in the dark of the night sometimes. I can offer a good price for them and if I found any more out in the main land I could bring them back to you at that point."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2014, 07:28:28 pm »

He hands you the recipe with a smile. It seems to be for a spicy variety of chili.

Spoiler: Island Swamp Chili (click to show/hide)

"I'd bet if you would feed a bit to your Pokémon before a battle, it'd make them piping hot and ready to go. Murkweed probably sounds a bit exotic, but you can find it pretty easily down in the swamps on the southern side of the island. Just look for the large leafy stuff in the waterside and yank it out of the ground. Easy, ya?"

((To put it in layman's term, this is a special recipe. If you can make it, you'll end up getting some Bonus EXP for your efforts as well as a few servings to help make you or your Pokémon stronger in a pinch.))

---

Most people seem to be giving the Oddities stand wide berth. While the market is packed everywhere else, this woman seems to stand a bit more off on her own. You can kinda see why. Not many people go around selling Voodoo dolls and shrunken heads in public like her. She waves two candles of incense round her goods, smoke weaving and bobbing through the air. It's a peculiar odor. She spies Frank approaching and points a wrinkly appendage at him and bid him to come forward.

"Kukukukuku... Well hello there young man. Here for a palm reading? A reading of your future through the cards? Or perhaps you wish to buy a few of my baubles? Come, come! Have a good look at my wares. I also have a few... Specialty items if that's what you're looking for. Hoohooohooo..."

Spoiler: Oddities of the East! (click to show/hide)

---

The fisherman didn't seem to hear much past that Leaf was a performer. He throws his hands out and gives Leaf a quizzical look.

"Wait, wait, wait... Hold up. You're some kind of circus performer? You wouldn't be putting a performance at Saxon's place wouldja? If you're on the island to perform for him, then this might be a bit of different kind of story we're talking about here..."
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2014, 08:07:34 pm »

Franklin browses the wares. This lady had nothing that happened to be on his shopping list, but plenty that he found interesting. He had always had a healthy respect for the supernatural after hearing stories from some of the rocket agents involved in the whole lavender town fiasco.

He examines a bottle of berry wine for a few seconds, before using it to break the ice. "This will do nicely. Its not what I came for, but I'll take it."

"the nice dining utensil selling lady told me you might be able to help me find a sword or knife or something else with a decent edge," he says with a shrug, "any chance that is true?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29