Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island  (Read 21210 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
(PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - Domini Island
« on: October 24, 2014, 05:54:06 pm »

The Islands of Paradise

Ground Rules

1). Try to keep OOC questions in the OOC Thread.

2). Bold any actions you want to take so that I can see them easier and act accordingly. If there are any secret actions you wish to conceal from the party, PM them to me.

3). Your Pokemon are NPCs under my control. You may interact with them freely, but I'll keeping track of their personalities as necessary. 

And so without further ado… Let us begin.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:44:41 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - Paradise Islands - IC Thread - A New Adventure Begins
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:57:55 pm »

Prologue: The Arrival

Alone, Lina found herself standing on the farthest edge of the tarmac Mistraltron Airport. There had been a few curious passerby's who had been wondering who might this strange girl might be, but they saw some of the faded scorch marks on her person and decided that it might be best to let that subject go. Save for one man. One of the junior pilots thought she was kind of cute. He'd have been staring at her back for the last half an hour wondering just how he was going to sneak up and talk to her, all whilst shaking his leg idly and tearing up the grass.

"Now!!!" He told himself, but his legs refused to budge. His Ducklett stared at him in concern.

Just then with accompaniment of a screech akin to a sonic boom, a low flying, techno savvy passenger jet darted above the airport and circled in for a frighteningly fast landing. The Ducklett panicked and squawked with fear and panic. With the agility of a cat the aircraft deployed it's landing gear and came to a stop not far in front of Lina. On the side of the airplane a red and white logo proclaiming "Pokemon League Association" was written bright shiny letters.  The side door of the metal bird opened with a rush of air and the Co-Pilot strode out of the ship with vigor and pep.

He wasted no time in getting Lina onto the plane. The bright shiny red and white seats known only to the cushiest rears of the Pokemon League VIPs beckoned.

"Miss… Lina I presume yes? Heh! Yes, I believe I recognize your face. You're the last stop of the day. Just hop up inside here… Watch your step. Please keep any and all Pokemon safely on your person and don't forget to buckle up. There we are! We'll be taking off here momentarily. Welcome aboard!  I do hope you don't get airsick easily. Feel free to introduce yourself to your friends here and Mr. Spielzburg will be with you momentarily to give you his dissertation on the documentary. Tally-ho!"

With a salute and a quick step, the Co-Pilot disappeared into the cockpit and closed the door behind him. As soon as Lina sat down and buckled up, the plane lurched forward into the sky with a rush of air. Down on the tarmac below, a lonely young man with his Ducklett were staring at the sky in wonder of what they just witnessed.

Franklin Ziti, Leaf, Lina, and Corrie Kappel are now IN! You may move about the cabin!

Meanwhile… In the Muse Region...

The TV screen was muted at the Pokemon Center lobby of Shanty Town. The news was being broadcasted by a chubby man in a tiny suit nervously shuffling papers. One of Nurse Joy's ever present Chanseys started singing to itself and waving it's stubby arms to an imaginary, but nonetheless happy beat. It disappeared into the dormitory room and starting making the beds from last nights visitors. 

Instructed to wait until a League Official arrives, Thomas Volya was undoubtedly getting bored. He had arrived at Shanty Town yesterday late at night and hadn't had the chance to properly acquaint himself with his surroundings. Just outside the window to his left, the sun was shining on the ramshackle tin roofs of some of the newer houses that had just been built. The sudden population boom has had quite the effect on the local population. Some sat down on the seat next to Thomas' seat and tapped him gently on the shoulder.

"Mr. Volya. We've been expecting you."

Thomas Volya is now in!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:11:24 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:07:31 pm »

Lina looked around at her fellow passengers studying them for a moment before speaking up.

"Hello! I guess you are all the other trainers they hired for this promotional thingy huh?"

She unbuckles herself and stands up.

"Nice to meet you all! I'm Lina! What are your names?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:07 pm »

Corrie claps her hands together in delight as Lina enters the cabin and introduces herself.
"Ah, nice to meet you Lina! I'm Corrie Kappel, and yes, I'm one of the trainers they hired!
Corrie then puts her hands back onto her lap.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 05:23:13 am »

Leaf was lounging in one of the chairs, his attention was focused on a pack of cards that he kept on shuffling. As he heard the voice of Lina he looked up, a warm smile was on his face.
"Hi I'm Leaf, it's nice to meet you too. I'm one of the trainers as well"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:14 am »

A terrifying noise erupts from the cockpit.

"HOOOoHOOHOOHOOHOoHOoOOooo!!"

The door is catapulted open and a large man dressed in pink and yellow barges from the room like a overgrown cannon. In one hand he holds a cane and in the other a fancy briefcase with various logos etched onto the side of it. His eyes twinkling and his salivating mouth agape, he descends upon his chosen prey.

: "OOOOoooooh GUTEN TAG! Vhy yes! Perfect! A wunderbar vay zu ztart zees documentary auf ze right foot! Greeting one another is ze first sthep zu FRIENDSHIP! I am ever zo happy to meet tyou alle! Mein name ist SPIELZBURG! And I kneugh all about tyou from your bios! HOOHOOHOOHOO!"

He points a meaty finger at Leaf and approaches with cotton candy menace.

((Perception Check! Roll(3d6)+3=18!))

A confident grin stretches over his face and Spielzburg licks his maw with joy. "Ooooh yes! I know all aboot du! You must be the Seercus Performer, Leaf, ja? Tell me I'm right. Ooooeeeep! Nerp, I kneugh I'm right! I am never wreung about zees kind oof things. You're een zu good of shape zu be anyone else!" He pokes Leaf twice in the ribs with his elbow in rapid succession. He laughs and turns away to find a new victim.

((Perception Check! Roll(3d6)+3=11!))

His arms twirling in the air like a walrus ballerina his eyes flash like lightning upon Lina. He stops and leans his closely. His breath smells sickeningly like cotton candy. "Neugh you are a beet harder! Les zee hier... Hmm. Yer clothes is a bit more worn dann die oder madchen. You must be Lina, ja? Ja. You are Lina! I can sense it! Wilkommen! Eem glad to have you on ze team!"

With a nod of his head a shake of his nose, his trained eyes continue scanning the room. It's only now that he notices the large man in black sitting off on his lonesome. The eyes behinds his spectacles tilt. Spielzburg approaches Frank like a furtive Persian might approach an unsuspecting Pidgey.

((Perception Check! Roll(3d6)+3=10!))

But then his face goes dumb with confusion.

"DU BIST! Erhm... Du bist... Ich weiss nicht. Who are you? Are you perhaps one of zee parents oder... Ein moment." In a flash Spielzburg had already dropped his briefcase and started cycling through his papers. "Ach! Hier vee are... Du bist Frank, ja? Zey told me zat they would be hiring a bodeeguard oov zorts... Das ist du! Willkommen aboard!"

Satisfied with what limited knowledge he had gained of Frank, his eyes drifted lazily upon Corrie Kappel. One eye kept going while the other one kept itself firmly trained at Corrie.

((Perception Check! Roll(3d6)+3=12!))

A wolfish smile spread across his meaty lips to an inhuman level of smiling. His smiles had even tinier smiles in them. Both of his eyes roll back into his skull as he fantasizes. His hands clasp together in a tight red mass as he speaks with shades of purple mixed in. "Myess! I kneaugh you! Dein Vater ist einen Küchenchef auf Unova. Ach, such swchveet treats! Mein mouth waters! I vonce had ze pleazure of joodging his food at a competeesion. Ach, so gutt! SO VIEL GUTT! JAAAAAAaaaa!!! <3" A bead of sweat drifts out from under his hat and his eyes glaze over like a jelly donut.

The hum of the engine fills the cabin.
BIRDS.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 12:00:05 pm »

Franklin's eyes perk up as he carefully watches the pink man bounce about the cabin. He didn't like the predatory expression that Spielzburg wore, but quickly jumped to the conclusion that he was too important and harmless to bother hurting or scaring away from the kids. Didn't mean he wouldn't keep his eyes glued on the newcomer like a Watchog on a Liepard though.

The bodyguard in question offers a slight nod and a soft "indeed" when identified by the pink man before turning briefly to address the young trainers in the cabin with him. "You can call me Frank, Franklin, Mr. Ziti, or whatever else you feel comfortable with.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:34:13 pm »

Leaf took a couple of steps backwards as the man approached, for a moment his smile was replaced with a look of surprise but with the years of practice he had he quickly managed to put it back on his face.
"Yes I am, its uh... nice to meet you" he winced slightly as the man poked him, massaging his chest as the man moved onwards towards Lina.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:38:00 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 02:09:52 pm »

Lina looks at the disgusting man with a strained grin on her face, taking in what he said about everyone else.

"So then... If we are all the trainers, who are you? You work for the League? Also, they hired a bodyguard for us? Is the Muse region so dangerous? We are trainers ourselves after all, are we not?"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:13:05 pm by Criptfeind »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »

For her part, Corrie mostly looks confused by Pinky than anything else.
"Kalosian actually um nice to meet you too, sir...? And I don't see the harm in a bodyguard! We may be trainers but, well, it's not like we're some sort of soldiers or anything!"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:36:49 pm by Powder Miner »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 04:26:49 pm »

For a good ten seconds, the Spliezburg Old jelly gut drifts out of his food dream induced stupor long enough to start talking again.

"Myess! I am most pleazed to meet you all as vell! I zee your confuzed faces. It muss be mein accent... I shall expleen it all eegain, vith FERVOR! I am ze famed Dee-rect-tor Engelhardt Spielzburg! Certainly you muss recall soom of my many doocumentaries... 'Ze March of Zee Empoleons', 'A Zummer in Kalos', 'Ze Flight oof die Butterfree'. I've alzo helped produce such wunderbar films such as 'Vinny the Beartic', 'Saffron City Sirens', und ze 'Ruins of Alph Raiders' zeries. I zhould hope, zat is enough credentialz for yoo, ja?"

Mr. Spielzburg leans on his cane in triumph. It bends under the stress.

"Now zen, as a matter of speaking... JA! I have bin asked by ze League zu create zis here documentary. I am ze deerector az eet vere! Hoohoohoo! As for zee bodyguard... I vould rather not talk about zat. Ees iz a... Zilly subject! Ja! You all trainers, yoo kneaugh how eet ees! HOOHOOHOO. hoooo..."

Pulling out a small hanky, he wipes face clear of sweat and launches into an awkward smile. His pristine white teeth extrude from his mouth like shiny jewels.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 06:08:27 pm »

Thomas turned to face whomever had tapped his shoulder. The lateness of the league official had been rather... taxing on him between the facilities of the poke centre, and the fact he had to wait for said official in there had had a rather wonderful effect on his mood.

Namley, the rather sour scowl he gave to whomever was sitting next to him.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 06:23:08 pm »

The figure unflinchingly returned an equally sour scowl. His eyes were sunk in and hollow. The face of a man who really didn't have time for this crap. Reaching into his trench coat, he produced a small package wrapped with brown paper and shoved into Volya's lap.

"Open the box."
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »

Thomas looked down into his lap for a moment, before grabbing it gingerly and opening it, somewhat curious as to what was inside. He did reasonably expect it to be payment from the league though...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 06:47:24 pm »

It was indeed payment. Inside the box, a shiny new device greeted him. A floral pattern was etched into the cover.

"Hmmph. I doubt that you uneducated types have ever seen a device like this before. It's called a Pokedex... This particular model is waterproof and has a prototype GPS feature. But we are still working the Muse Islands into our database. Meaning that we don't have complete maps for all of the regions just yet. The Pokedex will update periodically to install the latest maps of the region. Finally, it can be used to keep track of your Pokémon's health and their current condition. It'll also let you identify any Pokémon within it's scanning reticule. With room for error of course... The rest of the documentary team will be getting them after the press conference."

The man checked his watch.

"Has the payment plan been explained to you yet?"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:04:07 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29