Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: WIFOM Fortress - Night 4 - "Peerless visionary" floods fort with GCSs  (Read 60883 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: WIFOM Fortress - Night 2 - Tormented by rowdy teenager necromancers
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »

Dorsidwarf and most of the other milita dwarves arrive topside and he starts giving orders.

"Ok, all three squads, get ready. The Mechanisms of Perplexing, take the left side. The Heat of Gloves will be with me on the right. The Fortress Guard can cover us from the south."

"Here they come!"

Half of the goblins charged ahead of their comrades, their screams of bloodlust echoing off the walls.

"Reg, no, wait!" Dorsidwarf shouted as the crossbow dwarf near the bridge rushed out onto it. But he was no longer listening.

Ducking and whirling his crossbow became an instrument of broken bones and dazed goblins. But as arrow after arrow embedded itself into the warrior his movements slowed. "MOVE YOUR BEARDS!" Dorsidwarf shouted to the rest of the squads. No dwarf was going to be left out to die under his command!

The dwarves surged out, pisskop and icefire in the lead. Goblin after goblin fell before them as they rushed forward. pisskop in particular was a whirlwind of death, her spear lashing out like a bronze ray of death. The archers pinned down the enemies long enough for the warriors to catch up to the final group, and no goblins escaped that day.

"Good job, everyone! Good job! Sound the all clear, Tiruin!" shouted Jim as they walked back over the bridge. "And tell them we have wounded! We need these dwarves into the hospital NOW!"

11th Moonstone

"Mephansteras! Preparations for the tree cavern project are complete!" Shakerag marched into the forges with his pick slung over his shoulder. "Ready for us to collapse soil?"

"Ah! Excellent! Yes, yes drop away! It'll be a while before we get any lumber out of it, but having a secure growing chamber should help out the long term resource problems we've been facing."

19th Moonstone

The populus was crammed onto the upper levels of the crannog and craning their nexts to view the ceremony taking place inside the Council Chamber. Inside stood pisskop before the assembled worthies of the Barony as Zan addressed her and the assembled dwarves.

"Today is a momentous day. Today we recognize a dwarf for her unceasing efforts in the protection of this fortress. A dwarf who has earned the title of Spearmaster through long days of practice and time and again in the defense of us all. pisskop, it is therefore my great honor as Baron of Pricemines to declare you our Champion!"

pisskop could only stammer out a thank you as she looked down at the medallion around her neck.

The assembed dwarves roared a cheer loud enough to startle the camels grazing near the banks of the lake. They had a Champion, and even the most pessimistic dwarf could find nothing negative to say against it that day.

14th Opal

Uzol and Mephansteras walked through the newly finished jail area.

"Well, Captain, what do you think?"

"Good! Excellent! Thank you, Cousin, this is exactly what I was hoping for! It could use some more chains and beds but...we can finally have justice in this fortress!"

"Justice. Yes." Mephansteras frowned. "Too many deaths lately, too many worried dwarves. I can only hope this helps allay their fears a bit."

"It will, it will. Once we're able to punish a few of the wrong doers, people will calm down."

"I suppose. Better if we could stop the deaths in the first place, though."

"Every guard's dream, cousin. Every guard's dream."

16th Obsidion

The sound of crashing rock reverberated throughout the fortress. Screams of panic and pain echoed throughout the expanding dining hall.

"What happened!?" shouted Mephansteras as he walked up the stairs to find a scene of chaos. Dwarves were huddled around the prone forms of several dwarves while one of the doctors hurridly checked each one.

"Get these two up to the hospital now. And...get a burial shroud. I'm afraid that Nomal is dead."

Nomal Akrulfarash, Mafia Miner, has died.

"Will someone please explain what's going on?"

One of the miners spoke up. "Well, something went wrong with the carving out of the upper floor of the dining hall. The wrong floor section got channeled out too early and...well, there was a major collapse."

The smith put his hands over his face. "I...I can't do this anymore. I'm done being overseer! Someone else can have the job." he sat down heavily.

"What?" Radio Controlled looked aghast. "But...you're accomplished so much! You can't quit now!"

"Exactly! I finished all my projects anyway. Now I just want to go back and work in the forges in peace."

"Are you sure about this?" Asked Shakerag, concern for his friend obvious in his voice. "You could take some time and..."

"No." Mephansteras cut him off. "I've been thinking about this for a while, now. At the start of the new year, I'm stepping down as Overseer!"

Final Fortress Status

And that's my turn. Lots of stuff for the next overseer to do! And I've left a bunch of nebulous potentially sinister things for people to run with. If they care to, at least. For now, I'm curious to see what happens next!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2014, 11:10:24 pm »

I've only recently started getting really into Dwarf Fortress

Date Registered:
    December 04, 2012, 06:52:11 pm

What were you doing here before?  Come here to hide from the end of the world? d=
A friend of mine got me to join the forum for the RTDs. I also have been playing LCS for awhile, and I tried getting into DF a few times before, but usually stopped because of the steep learning curve.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2014, 02:37:40 am »

Argh, I can't. I'm going to have to drop out, sorry. :-[

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2014, 01:12:07 pm »

4maskwolf? That means it's your turn.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »

Is the next turn happening?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »

Spoiler: Next turn (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2014, 01:41:58 am »

Spoiler: Next turn (click to show/hide)
4mask may be busy, sillies :P
Like me, but with better net connection--think: Finals.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2014, 04:02:14 pm »

HERP DERP IT'S MY TURN WTF I THOUGHT THERE WERE SEVERAL TURNS BETWEEN THEN AND NOW!!!!!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2014, 11:40:25 pm »

Put me at the back of the queue and move on to the next person

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2014, 12:05:02 am »

If this isn't dead, that means TDS is due for a turn. Also, if this isn't dead, I call for a turn.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: WIFOM Fortress - Day 3 - local creek confirmed as SK
« Reply #310 on: December 16, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »

Okay, okay, I'm here.

Due to lack of diligence on my part, TDS's 48-hour timer has been mod-extended.  Prods going out now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:16 pm »

I'm here. I should have time sometime over the next week to do this, especially next week.

Edit: My schedule has lightened and I can do this over the next few days.

Edit 2: I'm still here; I'll possibly start my year tomorrow and definitely on Monday.

Edit 3: Got DF updated and the save downloaded; starting now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 07:12:10 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 22, 2014, 08:02:55 pm »

1st Granite

Mephanstras continues: "I'm handing over leadership of this fortress to Cptn, effective immediately."

Shakerag points out that Cptn is suffering from a partial lack of consciousness and can't currently lead the fort. Mephanstras's second choice, 4maskwolf, seems to be suffering from the same thing. Mephanstras eventually chooses TheDarkStar as the new overseer.

2nd Granite

TheDarkStar looks over the fort, having been too busy mining in previous years to get a good idea of what's going on. She (note for future overseers: if I die, redwarf me as a male dwarf please) sees that the crannog desperately needs work done on it. There's also an unfortunate lack of lava or other destruction.

Later that day:
Kobolds! How could they have known that the fort was too occupied with a management change to notice them? There's obviously a network of traitors somewhere. Speaking of which, there's no execution room for useless cheesemakers traitors.

4 Granite

A child! Also, more work started on the crannog.

9 Granite

The elves has arrived! TheDarkStar tells Toaster to wake up. Toaster keeps sleeping.

-will be updated more later, along with added pictures-

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 22, 2014, 10:50:09 pm »

Five more minutes, boss!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 22, 2014, 11:05:08 pm »

Five more minutes, boss!

No, no, you can't set the alarm clock to snooze. We need you trading right now.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36